Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Funny you say that since this group has been vilified by many on this board in months previous....

FWIW, I agree they seem to be doing a great job.

Some of their stuff is completely out of character for the surrounding neighborhoods, which is why they are often vilified, I believe.  That said, I like the looks and density of the cottage development.

• Like 1

Small project announced for Dickerson road,close to Cleveland Park.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2015/9/21/dickerson_road_townhome_project_to_break_ground

Love it. I live just up the street from there... Dickerson is in dire need of some higher-end developments like this to balance out the blight in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed a few things while driving around recently... the black cinderblock building @ 918 Main had the block windows cut out I believe yesterday, permit says Two Sons Fashion and separately Two Sons Coffee...the 'moat houses' around 14th and Shelby are popping up out of the gully, and the 3rd story is level with Shelby as expected...The Derryberrys are fencing off their recently sold double-lot @ 16th and Fatherland, I can't find out who bought that land, I believe it was 2 separate lots...the 3 commercial buildings at I believe 10th & Fatherland are almost done being framed up, 2 stories, popping up quickly!

Edited by FatherLand

I went into the northernmost store once and it smelled like someone microwaved a used diaper.

MMmmmm....used diapers....Speaking of used diapers, is Solo East going to be 4 stories? Is it fair to say it will be very visible from Gallatin towering over Litton market? Am I right in assuming a completed Solo East makes the land Litton Market is on worth more? 

Edited by FatherLand

Noticed a few things while driving around recently... the black cinderblock building @ 918 Main had the block windows cut out I believe yesterday, permit says Two Sons Fashion and separately Two Sons Coffee...

My office window faces that building. There has been constant construction activity there for the past 2 weeks. I'm wondering where their customers will park.

2015-10-01 11.18.48.jpg

Looking for any info on LIV's design for the RMH site, I was reminded that they are the firm that designed the West Eastland and Main mixed use block.  Did not find any rendering for the RMH site, but was wondering if ground has broken for the East Nashville project.  Thought it was supposed to occur this month.

Eastland RenderingLIV East Plan View_2015_04_08 (1)

I think you may be a little confused which is easy to do with everything going on. The LIV project in E Nashville has broken ground.

The project on 3rd I think is the one you are thinking about. That is Lifestyle Communities and they are also planning one in Germntown too. The one the sales trailer is at, is City Lights onRutledge Hill.

The next project on Rolling Mill Hill is River House formerly, Middleton Lofts and that has started as well. There are plans for one more on RMH as. There is just one parcel left now.

Dont ask me how I remember all this because I have no idea.

Edited by smeagolsfree
  • Like 1

Holiday Jones could be starting soon as the building next to it, Cooperative Ministries, has closed and moving to 3115 Gallatin Road from this Main Street location.

The rear of the property is a giant parking lot for another church. The only entity left on the block is the old Braeden United Methodist Church which only has a handful of members. I am thinking they may be moving as well. Within the 37206 Zip Code, East Nashville still has about 100 active churches. 20 of which are a block or two from my building. Many are closing and selling their properties to developers because their congregations are down to around 10-30 people.

The new town homes, 801 Main,  are nearing completion and will be on the same block as The Holiday Jones. I am sure we will have a tower crane since the roof will technically be the 6th story, and this will be a concrete building since it is a commercial building. Should be a nice project. One of the town homes has already sold in the 275K range. 

If the church stays, I hope they get some funding from the sale of their rear parking lot to address structural and cosmetic issues of the building. It could be great meeting space for the Holiday Jones.

I informed WW las night, so maybe he can dig something up.

In regards to the new brewery that moved into the worms way building, it's almost ready to open. Demolition has started internally for the new men's clothing store on 910 Main Street, and at 959 Main where the condo building was to go if the AMP was build ha shad a cosmetic mowing and trimming. That may not mean anything though.

The "new" shops at fatherland are nearing completion as well.

• Like 2

The old Sophia's Heart has been demoed and a permit for 46 mil was pulled for 1036 W EASTLAND AVE. A permit was pulled (last week?) for a Google Fiber Hut on Scott Ave between Douglas and Straightway. There has been some digging and it appears they have a spot leveled. I also noticed some pipes and infrastructure lying in the field behind the Walgreens on Chester Ave (near Foobar) this morning so those condos may be starting soon. 

Edited by TnNative

Anybody know what the status is of the first piece of the Cayce redevelopment? There was a rash of articles about the groundbreaking a few months ago, but I don't see anything happening on 5th St. Wasn't that where the first new building was going up?