Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Small office building slated for Dickerson Rd. It all starts with baby steps like this to slowly revitalize an area.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2015/11/2/real_estate_office_building_targeted_for_dickerson

Fantastic. My new home is a few blocks from here. That'll be great on that corner.

• Like 1

Saw construction activity at the old family wash, I believe it is 2038 Greenwood.   Did not see any recent permits pulled or change in ownership though 

Interesting. I haven't heard any buzz on that property in a bit.  I see they have been doing a lot of work at the future Southern Grist brewery across the street.

Good for Dickerson Pk.  Can't believe that stretch has stayed relatively unchanged for the last 10 years.

The commercial building at the corner of Gallatin/Riverwood has been framed up.

The exterior of the three story residential building across from the Inglewood BoA has been finished.

The residential building behind the Kwik Sak appears to be open.  I saw several non-construction cars there the other day.

There is a new venue at the corner of Broadmoor/Gallatin, behind the Value Vet and the tanning salon.  If you're driving north on Gallatin you can see a mural they've painted on the back wall.  Needs further investigation.

There is a new venue at the corner of Broadmoor/Gallatin, behind the Value Vet and the tanning salon.  If you're driving north on Gallatin you can see a mural they've painted on the back wall.  Needs further investigation.

I grew up across the street from this and my family is friends with the folks from the Tanning Salon.....I need to check into this place!

I grew up across the street from this and my family is friends with the folks from the Tanning Salon.....I need to check into this place!

Found out what it is.  High Class Hillbilly.  It's a boutique clothing store owned by Nikki Lane.  They had a concert there a few weekends ago.

• Like 1

Any news on the Top Golf project?

I was wondering that as well. The one here in Virginia Beach should be opening soon. 

On the Top Golf website Nashville isn't even listed in the locations coming soon section. 

This is exactly what I've brought up  now and then, about developers jumping the gun. on what they perceive as a trivial issue.  They cannot just presume that old rusty tracks are expendable, just because they might "appear" to be out of commission and abandoned.  I expressed this same concern almost a year ago, when Don Allen announced his prospective venture, within the northern reaches of the Cowan Industrial Park, of proposed apartments, condos, and Soundcheck.

Former Metro mayor Bredesen almost got in trouble for "unlawfully" pre-empting similar property from the Nashville & Western RR. just east of Goodwill Ind. at Herman and 9th, and which occupied part of the present Farmers' Market (to replace the one razed for the Bi-Centennial Mall).  Fact was, that the tracks at that location (now evidenced from that part of the current paved greenway/bikeway segment, running between 1st and 3rd) had been abandoned with no likely restoration, since the RR underpass over 8th Ave, had been dismantled some 15 or so years earlier.  Railroads still own such property, even, if they end belly-up and become acquired by takeover.  The City of Nashville ended up making settlement by funding physical-plant improvements of parts of still-in-use RoW, and paying for RR crossing warning lights at certain streets (e.g. Herman at 21st).

Because of grandfathered land grants, the railroad (in the case of the Eastbank, the CSX) retains ownership of al industrial leads which run up to the property lines private businesses, even if those businesses no longer remain extant or have relocated.  It then negotiates to sell it, if it so elects, but whether or not it might be in the best interest of the RR to unload it would be a different story. -==-

Edited by rookzie

I hope it is successful, but I don't know anyone who plays golf. It's a dying sport like bowling and tennis. People don't have time anymore, and its obscenely expensive. Young people "work out" or go for a run. They really don't commit to individual sports anymore. What is up is cycling.

You don't have to be an avid golfer to enjoy Top Golf.  I've only played one round of golf in my life, and truth be told, I've only been to Top Golf up here once, but I really enjoyed myself there.  Top Golf is to playing a round of golf as playing pop-a-shot basketball in a sports bar is to being starting point guard for the Memphis Grizzlies.  Haha...okay, maybe the gap is a little smaller, but trust me, you don't have to play golf to enjoy top golf.  It's more of a nightlife venue that features full food menus, full bars, live entertainment, and arcade games where you can also hit some golf balls from your group's area too if you feel so inclined.  They provide the clubs and the balls.  I know my description was all over the place, so here's a video about the Top Golf in Austin that explains it better:

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 1

That is owned by the Jets Pizza King in Nashville, Manny Hatz out of NYC. (He owns 6 Jet's Pizza locations.) At one time he planned on having a food truck park there. Food trucks could lease space on the lot, but the local restaurants stopped that real quick. Not sure what he is going to do with it now.

Edited by Paramount747

There was a permit to demo 2619 GALLATIN PIKE. It's that cool old Tudor house across from the YMCA and Save A Lot. I thought a little start up music studio bought it. It looks like they half butted tried to rehab it and then must have sold it. GUERRIER DEVELOPMENT, LLC pulled the permit. Anyone know anything about them? 

Edited by TnNative

William notes that the permits have been issued for the Cayce Place apartments, a MDHA project. Apparently this is going to be multi-phased development. Anyone know of the total price tag? 

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/11/9/mdha_lands_65m_permit_for_apartment_building

The first phase is $11 million. I don't think there is a total cost yet.  I say that because according to the update link (Cayce Place) the next phase of the Cayce redevelopment is the master plan development for Kirkpatrick Park.  Here is the link to the overall plans: Envision Cayce.

• Like 2

Drove by Bolton's on our way to Koi last night and I thought I saw the new location up and running.  Can anyone confirm?

New location of what?  Family Wash?  Been open a couple of months.  Boltons?  Are they getting a new location? This post has me confused (or it could be my lack of coffee).

Edited by Nashville Cliff
typo