Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

New location of what?  Family Wash?  Been open a couple of months.  Boltons?  Are they getting a new location? This post has me confused (or it could be my lack of coffee).

the new location of Bolton's

Boltons moved their catering operations into the old Taste of Italy Building in the rear of the lot. The building had been green. They are keeping their existing store front open for walk ins.

Paramount747, the opposite of what you posted. The original Bolton's (fronting Main St) is used for catering/etc and the old Taste of Italy Building is the new location - has much more seating than the original building. I have ate there 4-5x in the new building and can happily report the food is as great as always!

• Like 2

Fluffo Mattress site update:

MDHA's design review committee will consider new conceptual plans developers Dan Heller and March Egerton have for a 40,000-square-foot mixed-use building on the former Fluffo mattress property at 901 Woodland St. Will be 3 stories on one side, and 4 on the other.

Architect Manley Seale of Powell Architecture + Building Studio will present the developers' preliminary plans for the proposed building, which will include office and retail space. (from today's Tennessean)

A little more info here:

http://nashvillepost.com/blogs/postbusiness/2015/11/17/proposed_east_side_project_lands_mdha_ok

Fluffo site art.png

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Another casual dining restaurant in the works for Main Street south of Five Points:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2015/11/17/causal-dining-restaurant-eyed-east-nashville-site/75952504/

Curious what Hunters is finally selling this property for, they wanted TOP dollar earlier this year for it.

I can't remember the name right off the bat. I thought it hadd already started. I need help in E. Nashville from you folks that live over there. It is difficult to travel all the roads and check the permits for the projects just because I am not familiar with all of the road names. Another issue is these projects I have listed are by address sometimes and end up changing names.

So if you guys can look at the E Nash list , let me know if they have changed names , started , or finished.

On 11/28/2015, 7:30:25, nashvillwill said:

I'm not sure what the project is called, but dirt has started moving at 1035 W.Eastland. This is the project directly behind Rite-aid. The one across W. Eastland (1034) has been going for some time, but this is the first I've noticed at 1035. 

I don't know if it has been given a name yet.  Here is the story on the developers: Red River Investments

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Small mixed use three story building eyed for 5 points next to Bongo. Will come of fun a year allI soon.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/news/2015/11/30/mixed_use_building_eyed_for_five_points

"Will come of fun a year allI soon."   

Are you smokin' the wacky-tabacky again, Ron?  ; )

• Like 1

With the cost of land, I think  many of the  infill projects to happen over the next 10 years and beyond will be at least three maybe  four stories. They have to maximize the profit with what they have. I wish most all of the main streets within a mile or so of the core were nothing but three and four stories and above right up to the street.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

With the cost of land, I think  many of the  infill projects to happen over the next 10 years and beyond will be at least three maybe  four stories. They have to maximize the profit with what they have. I wish most all of the main streets within a mile or so of the core were nothing but three and four stories and above right up to the street.

Being "dwarfed" isn't purely about size and scale but about context as well.  Not hating...just isn't enough information in that model to show what the feel of 11th Street might end up being...which is why I would love to see this dropped into Google Earth at the least.

6 minutes ago, CandyAisles said:

Being "dwarfed" isn't purely about size and scale but about context as well.  Not hating...just isn't enough information in that model to show what the feel of 11th Street might end up being...which is why I would love to see this dropped into Google Earth at the least.

With the three story setback, it won't feel imposing on the street, however; I doubt this building at three stories will be as tall as some of the homes on the south side of South 11th street.

Loving the dude taking it easy on the front porch of East.  It's really weird what makes people oppose a new building, seems to be even "more so" when a neighborhood is an older (dare I say, "gentrified") neighborhood. I have a comment on this regarding Chattanooga and a proposed 7-story apartment building in the Chatty forum, if you're interested.