Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

5 hours ago, samsonh said:

Fwiw if psc metals is profitable it is news to Carl Icahn. I see from the latest filing on September 30th that psc as a whole lost 39 million before an income tax benefit of 17 million for a net loss of 22 million YTD. Scrap prices are super low right now, and competition is fierce. If there is ever a time to go after the property it is now.

He'd make a heck of a lot of money if he'd move his business to the Memphis area where they'd still have all the above mentioned benefits and where property is way cheaper. Not that I want to see Nashville losing businesses.

Someone on the Facebook said that Zaxby's is in talks to purchase the land at the corner of Gallatin/Inglewood Dr next to the old Shell.  I don't have a link.

Next to Mickey's, where the Guatemalan place was (for about a week), Nicoletto's Pasta Co. is moving in.  Someone by the same name posted that they were hiring staff.

In front of the Inglewood Library, where the Limited Stops bus stop was, they took out the covered waiting area and replaced it with a bench instead of replacing the broken glass.  Not cool.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, FatherLand said:

Corner of S 10th & Russell has erosion fence up, sign by Urban Grout, next to large church...looks like something big coming?

edit, looks like 8 units

image.png

I noticed this the other day when they were doing it. Certain folks are trying to reach Chad Grout  to find out all the particulars. At one time this was to have had retail, but that was nixed.

3 hours ago, FatherLand said:

Love this project.  Five Points has the potential to be a true gem of an urban neighborhood once most of the gaps get filled in.  Too many empty lots for my taste right now. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2016 at 9:26 PM, samsonh said:

Fwiw if psc metals is profitable it is news to Carl Icahn. I see from the latest filing on September 30th that psc as a whole lost 39 million before an income tax benefit of 17 million for a net loss of 22 million YTD. Scrap prices are super low right now, and competition is fierce. If there is ever a time to go after the property it is now.

Is that financial information for the entire company or only the East Nashville facility?

12 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

Got a flyer from a company called Bechtel that said they were doing the Google Fiber install in my neighborhood (North Inglewood).

Met a couple of Bechtel surveyors in my neighborhood (yes!) in December.   Google contractors.    Nice guys, crew based out of  St Louis.   Google is working a deal to run fiber on NES poles in neighborhoods.   These guys said NES is being incredibly difficult to work with.   They said probably a year before we get our Google.    Counting the days.  

Electric Co-ops were the worst to work with when I was at TDOT. They were accountable to no one, and the Director would carefully select a loyal Board of Directors who would support him on every decision. They became little fiefdoms. If we crossed them in some way, they could make the utility relocation phase of a project very difficult.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rockatansky said:

I'm seeing reports that Howe Garden Apts. on Greenwood has been sold. Any info floating around on what the plan is? My apologies if this has already been addressed.

Thanks for bringing that to attention ─ haven't seen anything on them.  I almost bought that house next to them, across from Cora Howe E.S. (NW corner of Greenwood and Scott), back in 2003.  That had been the primary reason that I changed my mind back then (as well as some "darkside" activites, at that time, on the north side of that block in the same parallel (on Douglas) -==-

Edited by rookzie

1 hour ago, Rockatansky said:

I'm seeing reports that Howe Garden Apts. on Greenwood has been sold. Any info floating around on what the plan is? My apologies if this has already been addressed.

Hmm. First I've heard of it.  Those are two blocks east of me so I will keep my ears to the ground. Thanks.