Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/10/31/east-nashvilles-horner-rausch-optical-super-store-closing/93065298/

Some news from the Baker twins. It will be interesting to see what happens with the properties at S 14th and Holly. Also, I wonder if they will take over the current All-Star Glass location at 1100 Gallatin Ave. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2016/11/01/craft-beer-hall-coming-east-nashville/93116238/

New restaurant/beer hall coming to the five points area. The same guy who co-owns Corner Pub and The Crows Nest in Green Hills. 

The covered rooftop patio sounds very interesting!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Some folks seem to scoff at what these guys from Chicago are putting together, but it is shaping into one of the most serious long-term developments within the inner belt. Certainly it is the most substantial amount of land being accrued by one group in the city's center.  These massive holdings they are putting together in the quadrant between Spring Street, I-65/24, and the river are quite impressive.  Then when you add in that they now control pretty much all 3 blocks between Main and Woodland running east from the river to I-24 (and rumors that they are looking at buying up more in the industrial properties like Trans America and Marathon Petroleum sites between Main and Spring Street), it would seem that Monroe Investment Partners are gonna be major players in the northern area of East Bank for years to come.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Some folks seem to scoff at what these guys from Chicago are putting together, but it is shaping into one of the most serious long-term developments within the inner belt. Certainly it is the most substantial amount of land being accrued by one group in the city's center.  These massive holdings they are putting together in the quadrant between Spring Street, I-65/24, and the river are quite impressive.  Then when you add in that they now control pretty much all 3 blocks between Main and Woodland running east from the river to I-24 (and rumors that they are looking at buying up more in the industrial properties like Trans America and Marathon Petroleum sites between Main and Spring Street), it would seem that Monroe Investment Partners are gonna be major players in the norther area of East Bank for years to come.  

They have a good idea, but the suburban office park designs they want should not be in the core. Take that stuff to cool springs.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Nashtitans said:

They have a good idea, but the suburban office park designs they want should not be in the core. Take that stuff to cool springs.

Absolutely...if they think their collection of seven story stand alone boxes surrounded by surface parking and retention ponds is going to fly, they have another thing coming (I hope!)  I'm thrilled that they are not only investing into the city, but into a part of the city that to date has yet to see the benefits of our latest boom, but they've got to build by the guidelines of the Nashville of today, not the Nashville of 1985.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Absolutely...if they think their collection of seven story stand alone boxes surrounded by surface parking and retention ponds is going to fly, they have another thing coming (I hope!)  I'm thrilled that they are not only investing into the city, but into a part of the city that to date has yet to see the benefits of our latest boom, but they've got to build by the guidelines of the Nashville of today, not the Nashville of 1985.  

Frankly, the buildings we were putting up in 1985 were a lot better than so much of the garbage today, especially here.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, markhollin said:

Vibe East, 39 town homes along Trinity Lane near Gallatin Pike, is about to get underway:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/11/04/work-start-38-unit-row-house-vibe-east-nashville/93294388/

Vibe East.jpg

Yep, drove by the other day and a giant hole sits where Cult Fiction would have been.

On 11/1/2016 at 0:41 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2016/11/01/craft-beer-hall-coming-east-nashville/93116238/

New restaurant/beer hall coming to the five points area. The same guy who co-owns Corner Pub and The Crows Nest in Green Hills. 

I just caught wind that the actual Hunters building across the street from here has been sold, word is that they are moving to a new building over off of Trinity Ln

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 6:36 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

The house in the picture (Main Street near Bolton's) was recently torn down. Meanwhile, the building to the right has been for sale for some time. Will be interesting to see if a new development is in the works. 

IMG_0333.PNG

A few of us saw that Friday and not real sure what is happening. I cant find a demo permit either and they may have brought it down without one, which is a triple fee. If someone want to pursue that, be my guest as I am not a resident in that community.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Good.  Hopefully this lights a fire under the Roxy developers.

^ ^ ^ Bought many an album, cassette, CD, and concert ticket at various Cat's locations around town.  Mostly at the stores on Nolensville Rd., West End Ave., and Murfreesboro Pike. At the latter I was able to buy a 4' x 6' U2 promotional concert poster that tied-in with their "Unforgettable Fire" release in '85 for just $5.00. It's now framed in my stairwell. Poor kid who sold it to me didn't realize what he had on his hands.  

Sorry for the detour on the thread---just reminiscing. 

• Like 3