Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

54 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

I haven't seen it (new here), but the headline made it sound like this was a new rendering.

Yeah, the original renderings in this thread going back several months. This perspective is different as the original rendering is from the Woodland Street perspective with St. Ann's Church on the right side of the rendering. It was supposed to have a restaurant that was to be owned by a chef out of NYC and be a 5 star rated restaurant. I guess we will wait and see on that.

19 hours ago, nvestnbna said:

Mercedes-Benz store - just curious if anything has popped up about a new dealership going in on the east side with strong interstate visability? 

I used to work for them, there was always talk of opening a second location in either Metro Center or near the airport.

On 2/12/2016 at 9:46 AM, FatherLand said:

Heard demo began on the Hispanic church @ Gallatin/Trinity? Believe this is Greenline partners mixed use, havent seen rendering...believe they're also doing this @ 4303 Gallatin

image.png

I drove by today but it wasn't directly on the church site, it was the lot to the west.  I believe that used to be a car lot or construction business.  Anyway, the church is still standing.

Re: the Greenline partners mixed use:

They demo-ed the car lot buildings and are grading that side. The church is still standing as of this morning (I live 3 blocks away and pass it every morning.) Too bad they can't just demolish the Checkers joint while they're at it.

Edited by Chris Lee
  • Like 1

The trains were running through the area long before the parents of the people who are living there now we're born. People are so all about me me me these days and have no regard for anything or anyone else. If it's an inconvenience or the slightest problem, these cry babies are whining and complaining.

• Like 4

..Make their A$$'s pay for an FRA-approved Quiet Zone.  That's what they did in a district of Mt. Juliet some 7 years ago for the MCS (NERR), and more recently at 2nd and 3rd Ave. No. (CSXT).  They have to pay whatever it takes to install extra security at the crossings, for both the trains (extended crossing-signal timing) and the roadway traffic (full-extended double gates).  Locomotive engineers still can blow their horns in cases of perceived impending incidents, such as with pedestrians on the tracks and for any and all horn signal patterns related to railroad rules (two signals of which are 2 short horn blasts for starting from a dead stop, and 3 blasts for reversing from a stop). -==-

Edited by rookzie
  • Like 1

Beazer Homes plans 500 residences on 96 acres in Hermitage.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/02/18/beazer-plans-500-homes-hermitage/80487344/

This land is adjacent to the Music City Star route. I don't know if it actually borders the rail line but if it does, this could be a great transit oriented development. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

Beazer Homes plans 500 residences on 96 acres in Hermitage.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/02/18/beazer-plans-500-homes-hermitage/80487344/

This land is adjacent to the Music City Star route. I don't know if it actually borders the rail line but if it does, this could be a great transit oriented development. 

This isn't located in East Nashville. You may want to move it to another thread.

Rockatansky and Hey_Hey bring up an important topic-classification issue, and they both are correct.  It now appears to be a glaring shortcoming for radial coverage of the due-East districts of BrownsCreek/Omohundro, Donelson, and Hermitage, to the Davidson-Wilson Co. boundary.  As this is Hermitage, none of the Airport (dedicated), CBD/Rolling Mill, nor 12So-Antioch threads are sufficiently definitive to logically include this "unanswered" swatch of activity.

East Nashville is the only closest thing to it, as far as compass direction is concerned, discounting the river bends with tend to define other core boundaries, but we all know that east is not East in this case.  Just sayin'...

49 minutes ago, rookzie said:

Rockatansky and Hey_Hey bring up an important topic-classification issue, and they both are correct.  It now appears to be a glaring shortcoming for radial coverage of the due-East districts of BrownsCreek/Omohundro, Donelson, and Hermitage, to the Davidson-Wilson Co. boundary.  As this is Hermitage, none of the Airport (dedicated), CBD/Rolling Mill, nor 12So-Antioch threads are sufficiently definitive to logically include this "unanswered" swatch of activity.

East Nashville is the only closest thing to it, as far as compass direction is concerned, discounting the river bends with tend to define other core boundaries, but we all know that east is not East in this case.  Just sayin'...

:ph34r:

22 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

So, apparently, there is a petition or proposal floating around that would make EN and it's sub-neighborhoods a 'train horn free zone'.  People are so dumb.

21 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

The trains were running through the area long before the parents of the people who are living there now we're born. People are so all about me me me these days and have no regard for anything or anyone else. If it's an inconvenience or the slightest problem, these cry babies are whining and complaining.

21 hours ago, rookzie said:

..Make their A$$'s pay for an FRA-approved Quiet Zone. 

Geez, you guys are awfully harsh about this. What's so wrong with people wanting a quieter neighborhood? 

Look, I get it. The trains were here first. I believe that argument holds water in the case of the speedway and those surrounding neighborhoods. It would be one thing if people were asking to completely stop train service in east Nashville. But that's not the case. They are simply asking for a noise ordinance. Nothing changes, it's just more peaceful. If we want to make that "it was there first" argument, then let's apply that to PSC metals. It's been there a very long time, so anyone who doesn't like it "is all about me me me".

I don't know how these tracks compare to others around town, but they are very busy with freight traffic. I can tell you that the traffic is nearly constant. Personally, I tend to agree with others that say it's not that bad. I've always lived near tracks and tend to find the noise as soothing. But I also live over a 1/2 mile from them and don't think that people who are bothered by it are "dumb crybabies". 

Edited by nashvillwill
  • Like 2

Smeags, its ok to disagree on things. Debate is an important of a civilized society. Yourself and the other two people I quoted in my post are among the smartest people on this forum that I respect the most. I was just pointing out that I feel the reactionary name-calling was a little beneath the valid argument you may want to make. 

Locomotive engineers are required by Federal law to blow their horns.  If a Roadmaster from CSXT, or even worse, an FRA man witnessed that an engineer failed to blow the horn, following the mandated horn-signal practice (of blasting 2 long loots, followed with 1 short and 1 final toot) for grade-crossing approaches, then the engineer could be fired on the spot ─ no questions asked.

The primary point here is that the malcontent public needs to be made aware of the fact that they can get one or more quiet zones, if sites qualify as eligible (on a per-crossing basis) by the FRA and only if they are willing to foot the high cost.  And if they DO do, then the neighborhood pays for the benefit of all ─ more positive protection for motorists, and indemnifying the railroad operating crew, in the event of an incident.