Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

On 2/23/2017 at 7:41 AM, markhollin said:

Ron Brice, owner of 3rd & Lindsley Music Club, shares more info about his planned event lodge, venue, studio, and cottage-style single family homes and townhomes for a portion of the 35 acres off Ellington Parkway. Public and private greenways are also planned throughout the property between Hart Lane and Ben Allen Road:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/02/22/event-space-beer-garden-style-lodge-eyed-east-nashville-site/98268092/

Screen Shot 2017-02-23 at 7.37.37 AM.png

IMO this will be one of the most important developments in recent history for that part of town.  Super excited.

• Like 2

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3322957?page=2&searchText=1216 gallatin&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber DESC

Demolition permit for the old Wal-Mart (soon to be StorageMax). It looks like they are removing the roof and possibly going up. As unexciting as a storage facility is, I am glad this is moving forward. Separately, there's a new permit for the retail portion along Gallatin. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3322957?page=2&searchText=1216 gallatin&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber DESC

Demolition permit for the old Wal-Mart (soon to be StorageMax). It looks like they are removing the roof and possibly going up. As unexciting as a storage facility is, I am glad this is moving forward. Separately, there's a new permit for the retail portion along Gallatin. 

You are correct. The roof will come off and I think they will add two floors or could be just one. Cant remember.

• Like 2

RE the Riverside + McGavock development.

Council-member Anthony Davis has asked for a delay on the rezoning hearing. His post is below...

Riverside and McGavock Public Statement:

Update: I am requesting an indefinite deferral at planning commission. The item will not be heard on March 9th or in the near future.

First I want to thank all the neighbors for coming out to the recent meeting and the engagement. I also appreciate the owner/applicant’s time, Lance Bloom I felt did a great presentation at the last meeting, and has really worked to try and make something that will work for everyone. Reasons why I think this just needs to defer indefinitely at this time:

*   .Lack of consensus - While the meeting went really well, and was very positive, I still feel like we do not have a strong consensus for this measure. I have received plenty of negative feedback on the plan in addition to some very positive feedback after the meeting.

*     Too many questions – The largest of which, is the McGavock parcel currently has intense development rights and mixed use zoning. I spoke with Lance yesterday, and he is very committed to renovating existing structures, and is even willing to prove it by doing so and moving tenants in, doing exactly as he has promised the community.

Largely because of item #2 above, it does not make sense to go through a community plan amendment at this time and re-zone the parcels on Riverside Drive. Although I really appreciate Mr. Bloom scaling the intensity way down, and attempting to bring Metro planning and neighbors aboard, it is not prudent to go through a full community amendment while we do not have a mechanism for the discussed “trade-off.” Doing an SP (specific plan) over both McGavock and Riverside turned out to be the only mechanism for that, and the ownership group declined.

That is a lot of zoning speak and I understand there are many neighbors that don’t live and breathe land use and zoning. The simple statement is that we had too many questions and a lack of any general consensus to move this forward at this time. Thanks to everyone again for the input!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, WebberThomas4 said:

I guess I'm having a hard time with reading comprhension today. Are they moving forward with the renovations of the commercial buildings along McGavock and postponing the residential along Riverside for now?

I asked Anthony for clarification on that. It reads like that, right? But hard to believe the developer would do that w/o the residential approved. 

If I were the developer I'd just clear the commercial and build the 3 story apartments and as many tall skinnies allowed on the Riverside piece. 

• Like 1

The one things a lot of the neighbors in differing hoods around town do not realize is there is some real crap that Developers/Property owners can do under current zoning and overlays. Now most of these people in these E Nashville neighborhoods are pretty well informed, there are times that I have seen them in an uproar over what is allowed and the developer comes in and screws everyone.

I can see arguments on both sides. The Salemtown area is an interesting example in that Jim Creason built the beautiful project at 5th and Garfield, but Erica and Gilmore passed legislation to stop developments like that. Now those poor stupid people are stuck with hideous TLL AND Skinny’s that IMO, should be outlawed under codes one way or another. They are trying to make these pieces of crap look period and failing badly.

Of course, Freddie O is on board with the current overlay for Salemtown.

IMO, Garfield should be allowed to have the same thing on both sides of the street. I digress, and will say there seem to have been a few things in some of these districts done sort of below board.

• Like 1

^ ^ ^ Welcome, 37206er!  Please feel free to continue contributing.  Also, you are most welcome to join us for our monthly meet-up, which occurs on the first Sat. of each month at 10 AM at The Perch at the NW corner of James Robertson Parkway and 3rd Ave. North.  We just had our March meeting this morning.

On 3/4/2017 at 2:27 PM, 37206er said:

Long time lurker who finally decided to jump in on the discussion. You all have a great thing going on here. 

I noticed that the church property at Fatherland & 17th has gone (back) on the market. Never knew what happened with the Fatherland Inn/Grill slated for that property. Would be great (in my humble opinion) for the neighborhood to have additional dining/retail options nestled in right along with The Post and Olive & Sinclair. 

Yeah I'm a block from there and this fizzle is really disappointing. Back when it was still going, I talked with a neighbor who is an architect and had an inside scoop, and she had the impression that the developer was underestimating how much money it's going to take to get into that building and bring it up to code without damaging it.

If you view developments like this favorably, make sure and show up at the meetings to say so. He had a couple of community meetings and it always seems like my loudest neighbors are the ones who are convinced that any development is going to destroy the neighborhood in some type of unclear nebulous way, relating to crime or cars. It would be great if people were more constructive, because it's pretty clear that building is going to stay abandoned until someone is allowed to develop it into something that's more profitable than, say, the little retail strip behind the Post.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nashville Cliff said:

That last one is of the build/design firm owned by my neighbors.  I love their mural.

What is it going to be?

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

22 condos and 28 town homes, plus 1,600 commercial space being put together as "The 900" on 1.93 acres at 900 Dickerson Pike.  There will be a second phase across the street at 800 Dickerson coming later that will include 18 condos and 12 town homes.

Interesting quote from the developer, Myron Dowell: "We envision the corridor from the buffaloes up to Skyline Hospital in the coming years has the potential for 3,000 to 5,000 units of housing and we want to play our part in this development."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/03/06/50-townhomes-condo-flats-plus-commercial-space-eyed-nashvilles-dickerson-pike/98811970/

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 3.20.22 PM.png

$425k on Dickerson Pike.  What a time to be alive.

• Like 1