Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Even though they are still listed as under construction, parts that are finished are being leased and moved into. The same goes for the Gossett on Church. Some units are occupied while the ones in the rear are being finished.

The true test will be to see how Sky House is leasing.

13 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

Tall Skinnys creeping up into North Inglewood.  Here we have two going up across from the Home Depot.  They demo'd a house to build these.

090gCuU.jpg

literally around the corner from my parents home, they get offers for their property daily

480 affordable apartments planned for Old Hickory and East Nashville. Elmington Group hopes to start work on a 210-unit community on 10 acres at 1205 Robinson Road in Old Hickory that would target seniors age 62 and older. The developer also has 18.25 acres at 2034 Pittway Drive off of East Trinity Lane in East Nashville under contract with plans to start building 270 apartment units in early-to-mid fall.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/04/20/480-affordable-apartments-planned-east-nashville-old-hickory/100665444/

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

I still hate that that's in a freaking mall that is a twenty minute drive from the core.  It would have been such a huge draw somewhere on Broadway or 2nd Ave. with a couple wax figures out on the sidewalk to raise people's interest like they did in the Midtown Manhattan location.  What tourist is going to take a special $20 taxi ride out to suburbia to go see a wax museum though?

I 100% agree.  That's such a cool attraction in such a bad location.  I realize they must have worked some kind of deal with Gaylord to get it out there for their guests to see...but would have been perfect for downtown.

• Like 3

I had not even heard of that going on!  In Chattanooga, we have a similar long-term project to build a continuous "necklace" of greenways from St. Elmo to Lookout to the Riverwalk to Chattanooga Creek south to Audubon Acres and north to Signal Mountain. 

And we have already seen a strong, budding interest in building development along those routes. Weiland Foundry is next up for redevelopment. That is sort of the missing link. 

• Like 1

Sounds like a very cool development but it kinda seems they want it isolated, it doesn't feed well in and out.  By what they said, it sounded like you couldn't drive from Broadmoor to Ben Allen.  However, they are incorporating a lot of green space, a greenway that will connect through down to Ben Allen.  Lots of different home types; cottage, townhome, apartments, mixed use, etc.  If you look in the pictures over the years that area was mostly pasture back in the 50s and only started to get overtaken by trees by the 90s.

10 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I had not even heard of that going on!  In Chattanooga, we have a similar long-term project to build a continuous "necklace" of greenways from St. Elmo to Lookout to the Riverwalk to Chattanooga Creek south to Audubon Acres and north to Signal Mountain. 

And we have already seen a strong, budding interest in building development along those routes. Weiland Foundry is next up for redevelopment. That is sort of the missing link. 

Is that the big abandon industrial site you see on your right as you come into Chattanooga from Nashville?

On 4/28/2017 at 7:57 AM, markhollin said:

As Charlie Bob's Meat 'n' Three closes in the next few days, Bristol Development says it might incorporate the diner into it's designs for redevelopment of the property.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/04/27/charlie-bobs-closes-site-buyer-bristol-ponders-workforce-housing/100989816/

I mean that's great but IMO let it die.  It will be nothing like it was.