Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

• 2 weeks later...

The hill district that is just to the west of Dickerson Highway and just to the east of I-65 continues to percolate with new activity that includes single family homes and town homes.  Beautiful, unobstructed views of downtown are the primary reason.  For every home shown here along Fern and Ligdon Avenues, there are at least twice as many recently cleared lots that have imminent plans.

Fern and Ligdon 1, off Dickerson Pike, Aug, 2016.JPG

Fern and Ligdon 2 off Dickerson Pike, Aug.JPG

Fern and Ligdon 3 off Dickerson Pike, Aug.JPG

Fern and Ligdon 4 off Dickerson Pike, Aug.JPG

Just a sample of the empty lots that will soon be filled:

Fern_and_Ligdon_5_off_Dickerson_Pike,_Aug.JPG

Looking up to the NE at the ridge where Ligdon Avenue is.

Fern and Ligdon 6 off Dickerson Pike, Aug.JPG

Even at the base of the ridge, there are still some wonderful views of downtown from Whites Creek Pike (that is I-24 heading south along the right side):

Fern and Ligdon 7 off Whites Creek Pike, Aug.JPG

• Like 3

Does anyone know why Brett Withers voted against the One Touch thing? This seems to be such a clear-cut case of what's best for Nashville (minimize friction for new providers to enable competition) vs. what's best for two companies (allow AT&T and Comcast to make it prohibitively expensive for anyone to encroach on their territory). I'd love to know what Brett's thinking was in opposing it. I was prepared (if frustrated) to see him in the "defer" camp, which was AT&T's strategy to run out the clock on this. But I was amazed to see he was even among the 7 in the 32-7 final vote, when most every had to go on the record for or against it.

2 minutes ago, AronG said:

Does anyone know why Brett Withers voted against the One Touch thing? This seems to be such a clear-cut case of what's best for Nashville (minimize friction for new providers to enable competition) vs. what's best for two companies (allow AT&T and Comcast to make it prohibitively expensive for anyone to encroach on their territory). I'd love to know what Brett's thinking was in opposing it. I was prepared (if frustrated) to see him in the "defer" camp, which was AT&T's strategy to run out the clock on this. But I was amazed to see he was even among the 7 in the 32-7 final vote, when most every had to go on the record for or against it.

I haven't talked to Brett (he's an occasional poster on this board and could if he chooses answer your question directly), however, I watched the proceedings and in listening to the arguments put forth by various Council members Tuesday night, I believe CM Withers was one of several members advocating for a 4 month deferral of the OTMR bill to (a) allow the affected parties additional time to work out a solution and (b) avoid the taxpayer expense of the imminent lawsuit that will be drafted and ready to be filed as soon as Council approves OTMR on final reading.   The motion to defer was voted down, allowing the vote on the OTMR bill itself to proceed.   The deferral group, as whole, was not anti-Google, they were seeking to avoid litigation.    

• Like 2

A deferral would have likely meant a suspension or cancellation of Google Fiber's roll-out in Nashville--Portland's has already been cancelled--and a win for the AT&T/Crapcast duopoly. Google Fiber and it's parent company Alphabet have already cancelled plans in several other markets due to bureaucratic red tape, and are now pivoting to an attempt to use wireless technology to reach users instead of wired fiber infrastructure. This could take some time as the technology is only in the development/testing stage. 

Do you mean the one up by Margot?  Yeah, according to the neighborhood association, that side of Woodland is in Lockeland Springs.  The other side is in East End.  They also poached several swaths north of Eastland Ave from Eastwood several years ago.  They so fancy.  ; )

Lockeland Springs map

Bailey and Cato's has sold and will be shutting their doors in the next few weeks, according to East Nashville News. Also, several of the homes behind Fond Object have sold and are slated for demolition in the next few weeks. It will be interesting to see what's going to happen with that corner. Almost 2.3 acres to work with if the sales are related. 

Also, here are some renderings of the retail in front of the old WalMart. Courtesy of Southern Athena's Facebook page. 

image.jpeg

Edited by WebberThomas4
Typo
  • Like 3

On 9/16/2016 at 9:24 AM, WebberThomas4 said:

Bailey and Cato's has sold and will be shutting their doors in the next few weeks, according to East Nashville News. Also, several of the homes behind Fond Object have sold and are slated for demolition in the next few weeks. It will be interesting to see what's going to happen with that corner. Almost 2.3 acres to work with if the sales are related. 

Also, here are some renderings of the retail in front of the old WalMart. Courtesy of Southern Athena's Facebook page. 

Sad to hear about B&C's but that has been rumored for a while.  The house directly behind FO was demo'd a couple months ago and the rumor is that FO will be safe for "a while", we shall see.  RE:  The wallyworld renderings, meh. Should be multiple stories with residential.

2 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

Fat Bottom Brewing to Close Oct. 1

http://nashville.eater.com/2016/9/14/12921200/fat-bottom-brewing-closing-oct-1-east-nashville

Not really that upset that they are leaving the neighborhood.  The beer was never that great.

Just wait. New facility has some neat stuff in store. Can't divulge into anything though. 

• Like 2