Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

11 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

I love this quote from the developer: "If we're able to get the density we want, we can start studio flats in the mid-$200,000s," Lenard said. "If we're not able to get the density that we want, they will start in the mid-$300,000s."

That sums up the real place where the price of housing in Nashville is being determined. The Barnes fund, MDHA developments, etc. can provide true affordable housing for a small percentage of people. The level of density we encourage will determine what's available to everyone else.

• Like 1

regarding the Opryland waterpark:

Eleanor Kennedy ‏@NSHBIZKennedy  3m

Called Soundwaves, Reed says the park is America's first "luxury" indoor/outdoor water experience, unlike anything else is the region

Adults-only parts of the park will appeal to millennial visitors, Reed said, including bachelor/bachelorette parties looking to fill days

3 minutes ago, Nashtitans said:

Lame. We already have Nashville Shores. Plus this is only open to hotel guests!

We need a theme park or something like that.

I know.  All the locals hearing about the water park: "Oh wow...a great big new water park, kids!  This will be so much fun for you guys!  Oh...wait...nevermind."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Remember the Big Picture......more visitors...more tax revenue. Does not matter if we like it or not. Great thing for the city and it is only a start at what is needed to bring more visitors to Nashville.

The disappointment lies in the fact that they at one time had a theme park and bulldozed it for a mall...and then had a deal with Dolly Parton to construct a winter park / water park open to the public...but scrapped that.  Now they're doing a water park for hotel guests only.

Yes...it will bring in more visitors and tax dollars...and that mostly definitely is a plus.  Just wish we either had that theme park or winter park.

• Like 1

Nashville is one of the largest markets in the country without a theme park. You can tell by the pissing contest Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom had with their onslaughts of billboards last year (both parks are less than three hours away).

While nice, I think it's a stretch to call this a water park. To me, it's more a glorified resort-style hotel pool.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Remember the Big Picture......more visitors...more tax revenue. Does not matter if we like it or not. Great thing for the city and it is only a start at what is needed to bring more visitors to Nashville.

Exactly. Development=revenue. Who cares if its only for hotel guests, it'll be a big pull for visiting families to stay at Gaylord Opryland

10 hours ago, Nashtitans said:

Anybody got pics of the current status of Envision Cayce

I do not have any pictures, but I drove by the S. 5th Street building on Sunday and would estimate that they are 75% complete at this time. Some of the residents in that building are going to have a great view of the skyline (and PSC metals).

• Like 2