Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

A townhome project is being eyed for a sparsely populated Lebanon Pike site located about two miles east of downtown Nashville. Currently being called The Somerset, the project could offer as many as 25 townhomes to sit on two parcels spanning a collective approximately 2.3 acres.The two parcels have addresses of 1600 Lebanon Pike and 1602/1604 Lebanon Pike

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20860151/lebanon-pike-site-eyed-for-townhomes

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 9.52.40 AM.png

More info on WeWork opening their offices in The Wabash in East Nashville:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/05/04/wework-coworking-spaces-coming-downtown-tower-east-nashville/100983618/

The Wabash Building (4 stories, 40,000 sq. ft. of office space) looking SE from South 9th Street south of Main St:

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 12.46.30 PM.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

From the Tennessean article:

Given the success in leasing out the entire 25,000 square foot of office space at The Wabash, Heller said the developers plan to add 15,000 square feet of space above the old Fat Bottom Brewing location on the former Fluffo mattress warehouse and manufacturing campus.

Is this new? I don't remember seeing this in any of the renders.

More on that Piggly Wiggly site on Dickerson Road.  A mixed-use project with condos and townhomes above roughly 6,000 square feet of retail space is on the drawing board for the nearly an acre, recently sold Piggly Wiggly property at 921 Dickerson Pike.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/05/02/dickerson-pike-piggly-wiggly-site-sold-store-closing/101216878/

Screen Shot 2017-05-04 at 8.03.18 PM.png

• Like 1

This is pretty cool, from the LSNA newsletter (http://lockelandsprings.org/newsletters-2/):

After many months of discussion, a new traffic signal is expected soon at Eastland and Chapel. Metro Public Works said in late April to expect construction to begin in May. There will be a signal and crosswalk, with left turn lanes to be eliminated and replaced with bike lanes.

That area is really turning into an awesome foot-traffic-friendly zone with all of the residential developments that have gone up within a few blocks over the last few years. The sidewalks and bike lanes are clearly a work in progress though. Chapel definitely needs to be narrowed at this intersection with some kind of bulb out instead of the giant turning radius that encourages cars to gun it as they turn right onto Eastland. And of course the crosswalk from Rosepeppers to Jennis is like frogger every time.

If this is done correctly it sounds like a nice update that should take a step towards encouraging more walkers/bikers to take their chances against the car traffic. I think I remember @bwithers1 mentioning this project a few months ago. I look forward to seeing the design!

• Like 1

The poles are in the ground at TopGolf. I'd say they're definitely on track to open by the fall. The shell of the building seems to be about 60% complete. 

Somewhat related: the warehouse at 600 Cowan Street is being demolished. This lot would be part of the first phase of River North. 

IMG_0624.PNG

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:24 AM, AronG said:

This is pretty cool, from the LSNA newsletter (http://lockelandsprings.org/newsletters-2/):

That area is really turning into an awesome foot-traffic-friendly zone with all of the residential developments that have gone up within a few blocks over the last few years. The sidewalks and bike lanes are clearly a work in progress though. Chapel definitely needs to be narrowed at this intersection with some kind of bulb out instead of the giant turning radius that encourages cars to gun it as they turn right onto Eastland. And of course the crosswalk from Rosepeppers to Jennis is like frogger every time.

If this is done correctly it sounds like a nice update that should take a step towards encouraging more walkers/bikers to take their chances against the car traffic. I think I remember @bwithers1 mentioning this project a few months ago. I look forward to seeing the design!

Thanks, @AronG, I have been working with Public Works on this one at Eastland/Chapel for a while. Given some challenges from neighbors, this signal had actually been dropped from the Public Works project list and then I had to work with Public Works to resurrect it and get the design completed.  My biggest priority was to continue the bike lanes through the intersection.  I advocated early on for removing the vehicular turn lanes, which have really congested the area, and I was pleased to see that the traffic study supported that kind of a redesign, which is largely returning the street to the way that it was before the turn lanes were introduced.  There is not a lot of room to work with right there, but some of the modest sidewalk bulbouts will help to give pedestrians at least a little bit more room. 

I have a very detailed traffic study report for this traffic signal and crosswalk, but it is many, many pages in length.

I am also looking forward at some point to seeing the sidewalks constructed on the south side of Eastland from Wild Cow restaurant over to Porter.  I had placed that block on my short-list last year, and it was funded but has not yet been scheduled for design work.  I believe that retaining walls will be required since the sidewalks will cut into the hills in those yards a little bit.  But it will be helpful to have the bus stop be on an actual sidewalk.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:16 PM, AronG said:

From the Tennessean article:

Is this new? I don't remember seeing this in any of the renders.

@AronG This plan for adding on top of the former Fat Bottom Brewing space was presented at a recent ChamberEast meeting.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Vibe City Homes (3 stories, 30 townhomes) update.

Looking west along East Trinity Lane near intersection with Dozier Place:

Vibe City Homes, May 6, 2017.jpg

I feel pretty confident in my belief that the entire stretch of Trinity from Gallatin to Ellington will be transformed over the next few years. Lots of new housing at a minimum and likely new commercial too.

• Like 2

Work about to begin on Holiday Jones Hotel (4 stories, 100 rooms, retail) at NW corner of Main St. and Neill Ave. Also, the name is being changed to Fieldhouse Jones.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20861237/work-looms-on-east-nashville-boutique-hotel

From The Tennessean:

Developers of a planned 93-room hotel this week completed buying the bulk of the targeted project location at 809, 811 and 813 Main St. for $1.8 million.

The hotel will now be called FieldHouse Jones, a change from Holiday Jones that local developer Adam Leibowitz said reflects the project taking on more of a boutique hotel than a hostel model. Leibowitz's Chicago-based partners operate both of the brands.

Under Matthews' contract with the car lot's seller Stephen D. Elkins, E&R Auto Sale has two weeks to leave. The dealership plans to move operations to its Nolensville Pike lot.

Last fall, Matthews paid $13 million for a 220-acre farm property in northern Williamson County after buying 46 acres across the street. In addition to owning roughly 350 acres in that Old Hillsboro Road area, he owns and is remodeling the Cambridge condominiums on Nashville's 18th Avenue South along with other condos locally.

Bonnie Gallo of Westgate Commercial represented seller Elkins in the transaction.

New rendering:

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 3.06.31 PM.png

• Like 1

From Nashville Post:

On-site work is now underway at the Dickerson Pike site to feature nine-unit condominium building The Vue (2 stories, 9 units).

Nashville-based Burnett Real Estate Group is undertaking the project. The Vue (pictured) will have an address of 1015 Dickerson Pike (SW corner of Dickerson Pike and Evanston Ave).

Martie Burnett, Matt Burnett’s wife, will oversee sales. Nashville-based Kenneth Climer is serving as architect.

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 3.10.44 PM.png

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 0:27 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

The poles are in the ground at TopGolf. I'd say they're definitely on track to open by the fall. The shell of the building seems to be about 60% complete. 

Somewhat related: the warehouse at 600 Cowan Street is being demolished. This lot would be part of the first phase of River North. 

IMG_0624.PNG

UH OH!!!! Stix has some competition now

• Like 1

The two parcels home to that car dealer on Gallatin has sold.  

From the Post:

Five Points-area site sells for $2.67M

Nashville-based real estate investment entity Sunny Meadows has acquired a two-parcel property near Five Points in East Nashville for $2.67 million, according to a Metro document.

The seller was Stephen D. Elkins.

One parcel has an address of 1012 Main St., and the other has an address of 1004 Forest Ave. Both are home to E&R Auto Sales.

See the site here courtesy of Google Maps.

Sunny Meadows’ acquisition follows Mary Megan Barry’s recent announcement of plans for a light-rail line running along the Gallatin Pike and Main Street corridor.

Real estate notes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Residential building at that corner would really go a long way in urbanizing that part of E.N.  

Any possible expectation that construction of a LRT line would also create opportunity to bury the utility lines? Those things are hideous.

I talked to some utility worker, asking what it would take to bury these ugly lines. He said we'd end up with sky-high electric bills to pay the costs. Out here in the 'burbs, all it takes is a single squirrel giving a little tap to the transformer to get fried and cause an explosion and power shutdown. It happens more than a few times a year with our property and surrounding neighbors.

It's incredible how much of 5 points is surface parking. The land is apparently now worth $4 million/acre, but like 2/3 of it in and around the triangle is just paved and striped. Every time I'm tooling around over there I can't help but ponder how awesome the area would be if it more of it was built up like the stretch from 3 crow to 5p pizza. I guess we're trapped in the awkward middle ground where structured parking doesn't make sense.

• Like 2

Eastside Heights (5 stories, 249 units, retail) update.

Looking SW from intersection of Woodland St. and South 5th Street:

Eastside Heights 1, May 6, 2017.jpg

Looking NW from intersection of South 5th Street and Russell St:

Eastside Heights 2, May 6, 2017.jpg

Looking east along Woodland Street at retail/restaurant spaces.  Note the zig/zag facade on residential portion above.

Eastside Heights 3, May 6, 2017.jpg

Looking east from Woodland Street near I-24 overpass:

Eastside Heights 4, May 6, 2017.jpg

• Like 3