Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

46 minutes ago, markhollin said:

From Nashville Post:

The owners of Colonial Liquors in Melrose are moving forward on their East Nashville hotel to be marketed via Airbnb.com.

Kathryn Bubis and Bobby Bubis have landed a permit, valued at $9,800, to raze a small building on the site, which has an address of 943 Main St. 

The Bubises plan to undertake the $8 million project, which will offer a three-story 30,000-square-foot hotel tentatively called Bridal Suites Hotel.

Nashville-based TLP Architects is designing the structure.

I still can't believe this is actually going to happen, but I will say that at this point anything that adds foot traffic to accelerate the redevelopment of Main St isn't all bad.

19 hours ago, markhollin said:

A four-story, 60,000-square-foot mixed-used project with 67 condo flats and 3,000 square feet of commercial space is being planned for Dickerson Pike, including sites of a liquor store, drive-in market and former Mrs. Winner's restaurant.  Me likey.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/06/02/dickerson-pike-get-67-condo-flats-commercial-space-including-old-mrs-winners-site/366549001/

Screen Shot 2017-06-02 at 6.49.50 PM.png

So this means that Last Chance Liquor will be removed?  Bummer, my go-to trivia fact with everyone when driving by was that the name came from that it was the last place to get booze before crossing into the county.

On 6/2/2017 at 2:58 PM, AronG said:

I still can't believe this is actually going to happen, but I will say that at this point anything that adds foot traffic to accelerate the redevelopment of Main St isn't all bad.

IMG_5950.thumb.JPG.77783c34e257bc20f4d7d4a91cd3ffd0.JPGIMG_5951.thumb.JPG.d7b62623eb2078ab8efa177c47dfc2af.JPG

Last remaining building on the "Bridal Suites AirBNB" lot is going down today.

First photo shows demo, second photo shows entire site with Koi Sushi lot on left.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2017 at 2:12 PM, grilled_cheese said:

So this means that Last Chance Liquor will be removed?  Bummer, my go-to trivia fact with everyone when driving by was that the name came from that it was the last place to get booze before crossing into the county

I love stuff like that with a story behind it. It's always sad to see local history disappear.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Philip said:

I love stuff like that with a story behind it. It's always sad to see local history disappear.

Hopefully they can save the sign and reuse it, similar to the Gossett on Church St. near the interstate.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Vrtigo said:

Hopefully they can save the sign and reuse it, similar to the Gossett on Church St. near the interstate.

ehhhh, I know that all things come to an end. I'm not necessarily against the "out with the old, in with the new" but, I still stand at the pinnacle of reverential vigil to mourn as the old landmarks show off their former worth as they descend to sheol's repose.

• Like 3

Rochford Realty working on a new development that would include 44 townhomes, 108 condominium flats (in four buildings) and six duplex residences. The 158-unit project would sit on an 8.44-acre seven-parcel sites located in Highland Heights at 1801 Meridian St. and at which is located the Meridian Mobile Home Park.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20863823/residences-could-replace-east-side-mobile-home-park

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.51.22 PM.png

• Like 2

From the Nashville Post:

Nashville-based site planning and engineering firm Development Management Group will go before the Metro Planning Commission on Thursday, June 8, to request specific plan zoning related to a townhome project eyed for Lebanon Pike.

Currently being called The Somerset (pictured), the project could offer as many as 25 townhomes to sit on two parcels spanning a collective approximately 2.3 acres addresses of 1600 Lebanon Pike and with addresses of 1602/1604 Lebanon Pike.

The site located about two miles east of downtown Nashville.

Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 6.36.23 AM.png

14 hours ago, markhollin said:

Rochford Realty working on a new development that would include 44 townhomes, 108 condominium flats (in four buildings) and six duplex residences. The 158-unit project would sit on an 8.44-acre seven-parcel sites located in Highland Heights at 1801 Meridian St. and at which is located the Meridian Mobile Home Park.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20863823/residences-could-replace-east-side-mobile-home-park

Screen Shot 2017-06-07 at 4.51.22 PM.png

Vrtigo,

Im very curious how you feel about this as you and I are extremely close to this development. I'm sure you got the mailer about the rezoning. It's on consent tonight, and I am pretty uneasy about the zoning change. I'm not opposed to this development, but I'm uneasy about the "block" zoning our councilman is doing. It's basically making it a free-for-all for developers to do whatever they want without any opportunity for the community to object.

I like to see our neighborhood moving forward, but drastic changes seem to be coming. Thoughts?

8 hours ago, nashvillwill said:

Vrtigo,

Im very curious how you feel about this as you and I are extremely close to this development. I'm sure you got the mailer about the rezoning. It's on consent tonight, and I am pretty uneasy about the zoning change. I'm not opposed to this development, but I'm uneasy about the "block" zoning our councilman is doing. It's basically making it a free-for-all for developers to do whatever they want without any opportunity for the community to object.

I like to see our neighborhood moving forward, but drastic changes seem to be coming. Thoughts?

Hmm... I guess it's hard to say. Surprisingly, I did not receive any notification other than seeing it announced on Facebook by Getahn, but I agree that all of the zoning approvals going through seem a little haphazard. There are a lot of considerations that need to be made here and I would definitely prefer to see a bit more transparency in the process.

One one hand, I can hardly complain as that park has looked from the street to be more like a slum for as long as I've been around. That being said, I'm not holding my breath that we'll have anything especially noteworthy taking its place, either.

Behind paywall: http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20864164/east-nashvilles-fluffo-building-set-for-4m-upgrade

Dan Heller and March Egerton are looking to add 3 stories and 15,000 sq ft of Class A office space to the former Fat Bottom Brewery building. A demolition permit has already been issued and should begin on Monday. 

Edited by WebberThomas4
Edit last name
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Behind paywall: http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20864164/east-nashvilles-fluffo-building-set-for-4m-upgrade

Dan Helton and March Egerton are looking to add 3 stories and 15,000 sq ft of Class A office space to the former Fat Bottom Brewery building. A demolition permit has already been issued and should begin on Monday. 

Dan Heller.

• Like 1

Wow...it's already blocked off with the fence. Curious to see how it all turns out. I think the Federal Donuts place is going in the back (the view that's shown). That place is such a mess right now with all the construction...but it's going to be nice when it's done. Luckily this is close enough to walk for me...but parking around there right now is nuts. 

22 hours ago, Edgefield D said:

http://www.tn.gov/tdot/topic/interstate-24-bridge-rehabilitation

I guess this answers my question re: what's going on at Spring Street and I-24

My comment on this really is more relevant to the Trans thread content, but remains here by association.

I recall that stretch of interstate opening, back when I was living in DC (during the days of electric streetcars).  While not part of this rehab/replacement, that stretch also includes the original portion of I-40 on the south side of the Evans bridge, and extending east beyond the old city corporation limit (near Spence Lane), before the days of city/county consolidation, and long before I-24 even entered the city.  For many years I have "condemned" that segment as among the most obsolete of all the local urban freeway network, particularly at the Shelby Ave, Hermitage Ave. (incl. the Fairfield Ave bridge), and the Fessler Lane interchanges.  Not much can be done with the pathways without controversial land acquisition and funding.

• Like 1

^

One can only hope... That onramp/offramp combination heading south (I-24 E) from Spring Street to James Robertson is a huge pain point, where the two ramps combined share a total of barely 228' of pavement for all of the merging, accelerating & braking activity that must occur with these two highly active ramps. (That 228' equals less than three seconds at 55 MPH.)

Anything they could do to rework this section would yield massive benefits:

6FdpRV.jpg

• Like 2