smeagolsfree

East Nashville/Inglewood/Madison/Donelson/Hermitage/Old Hickory

The church building at the corner of Seymour and Gallatin (by the closed Burger King) is being painted black. Any idea if it has been sold?

1 hour ago, Chris Lee said:

The church building at the corner of Seymour and Gallatin (by the closed Burger King) is being painted black. Any idea if it has been sold?

Ownership was transferred via Quitclaim from House of Blessings, Inc to Iris Nashville Ministry d/b/a Legacy Nashville Church back in late April. 

The Bailey (3 stories, 16 town homes) update.

Looking SW from corner of West Eastland Ave. and Bailey Avenue:

Bailey at Maxwell 1, July 16, 2017.jpg

Looking NW from corner of Bailey and Maxwell Avenues:

Bailey at Maxwell 2, July 16, 2017.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

Eastside Heights (5 stories, 249 units, retail/restaurants) update:

New mural on western side of garage.  Looking east from Woodland Ave. at I-24 interchange:

Eastside heights, July 16, 2017.jpg

Subtle.  LOL.    I've been watching this get painted from the downtown side.    It's bold, for sure, but I might have preferred it be painted in Predators colors (rather than Penquins!), or Titans.    At least it kind of makes you forget you're looking at a parking garage.     

East Greenway Park (62 three-bedroom homes adjacent to Shelby Bottoms Greenway) update.

Looking SE from intersection of Rosebank Ave. and Eastland Ave:

East Greenway Park 1, July 16, 2017.jpg

Looking north along Tiffany Drive:

East Greenway Park 2, July 16, 2017.jpg

• Like 4

Decent looking project, but MAN does it irk me to see so much ground level dead space like that on corners around town.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 4

There is restaurant/retail space for the corner and along Eastland Avenue in the upper photo.  They just haven't been filled yet.

• Like 3

I like this building a lot.  I especially like the subtle design elements on the black frames on the large "window boxes."  BTW, anybody know what you call that architectural feature-the protruding box?

• Like 2

Pennington Cottages (dozens of new town homes in several square block area) update.

Looking along Monetta Ave near intersection with Pennington Ave:

Pennington Cottages, July 16, 2017.jpg

• Like 1

^^^

It's no surprise at this point that it's changing super fast everywhere on the Eastside but I looked at houses in the early 2010s in that area and it was ROUGH back then.  Especially the block of Pennington between Otay and Cahal.  Glad to see it turning around.  Otay had several really nice houses that I was interested in but at the time, they were a little too high for my price range, upper 100s, HA! how times change.

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Joule (30 2-story, 3 bedroom town homes) update.  Colbert Drive and Rosebank Ave. 

Joule Townhomes, July 16, 2017.jpg

Funny your picture didn't include the major selling point and the project's namesake--the power station across the street. 

• Like 3