Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Goodletsville. Their police work the mall and they are their own city as well.

You’re definitely right about the mall. I saw a Goodlettsville cop there the other day, and they have a Goodlettsville address. I think the city line is right around there, though. On Madison’s website they advertise that Rivergate is part of Madison, so unless they’re just completely BSing I’m assuming that a good part of it is. 

10 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

You’re definitely right about the mall. I saw a Goodlettsville cop there the other day, and they have a Goodlettsville address. I think the city line is right around there, though. On Madison’s website they advertise that Rivergate is part of Madison, so unless they’re just completely BSing I’m assuming that a good part of it is. 

Well, Madison is just a Nashville neighborhood, but you are right in that the city line between Goodlettsville and Nashville  runs right through the mall.  Looks like the bigger chunk is in Nashville.  The Target there is split as well.

My point about Madison being the next Green Hills is further re-enforced as Madison is too big to change in a short or even over a long period of time. Granted some areas will change more than others. 

A few questions to the board.

What do you consider the epicenter of Madison to be? 

Is there a so called downtown Madison?

My guess is that the answer will be subjective.

Did the lights at opry land last night. Busiest I’ve ever seen it, and I’ve been going for 20 years. The water park is well under construction. I snapped a picture of the rendering on the fencing, I’m sure it’s been shared before but I didn’t remember it. 

81736830-AE6F-4FB7-B23B-FFBFD2310287.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

The Eastminster church (@3931 Gallatin Pk) that burned down last December has been torn down.  The second homicide this year took place at Cloud IX hookah lounge and they are apparently closing down due to being behind on rent, allegedly.

I was wondering when they were going to tear that down. You wouldn’t think that the city would let a burned out building like that just sit there for a year. Anyone know if they’re going to be building another church or if they’ll sell the land?

Edit: I looked it up and apparently there aren’t any plans with the land yet. The membership of the church have been worshipping at Woodland Presbyterian Church in East Nashville since the fire. 

Edited by Pdt2f

On 12/11/2017 at 8:32 PM, bmkTN said:

Apparently we might be getting another Cambria Suites, this one by the Airport.

http://maps.nashville.gov/MPC/2018SP-015-001_plan.pdf

It's on the Nashville.gov development tracker.  Not sure if this had been reported before, but I sure don't recall hearing about this.

Good research, bmkTN.  : )    Can you tell how many stories and rooms?

A bit more info from The Post (behind paywall):

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20985840/cambria-hotel-eyed-for-airport-area

Here is a map and view of the lot:

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 9.28.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 9.29.06 PM.png

The Metro Development and Housing Agency plans to use an unprecedented financing structure to pay for the construction of a $25 million charter school that is the linchpin of its plan to attract mixed-income residents to its redevelopment of the James A. Cayce Homes public housing.

MDHA hopes to construct a new building for the Explore charter school, which is run by the Martha O'Bryan Center, a nonprofit that has serviced poor people in East Nashville for decades. Martha O'Bryan, which was tapped for the project without a formal bidding process, will pay for the building with a combination of fundraising and rent payments, with a plan to eventually buy back the facility from MDHA.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2017/12/11/nashville-tennessee-explore-charter-school-cayce-homes/940628001/

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 8.22.05 AM.png

• Like 1

We visited the Explore school at their current location at fatherland & 10th (daughter's about to start kindergarten) and it's packed with a diverse group of kids, some from cayce and many from the affluent/white areas around there (edgefield, lockeland, etc.). It's gonna be fascinating to see if they can pull off the transition to the new location and maintain that balance. Their principal is a smart, idealistic guy who's hard not to root for. But sometimes it feels like the Reenvision thing is crawling along so slow that it's going to take 20 years to start really changing things.

More info on the Cambria Suites to be built near the airport (see post a couple spaces above).  ill actually be two hotels in the 4 story structure.  One will be Cambria with  130 rooms, the other a millennial-oriented limited service brand.  Also a 4,500 sq. ft. Meeting/banquet space. $25 million price tag.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/12/14/new-hotel-planned-near-nashville-international.html?ana=twt

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 11.28.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 11.28.54 AM.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2017 at 10:57 AM, WebberThomas4 said:

http://maps.nashville.gov/MPC/218-77P-001_plan.pdf218-77P-001_plan.pdf

Site plans for the Eastland Kroger expansion. 

This is a bit more than I realized. I thought they were just going to knock down the wall and add the citi trends space, but they're doing some kind of demolition and then adding onto the building. And they're almost completely redoing the parking lot and the sidewalks. Which is way overdue, that parking lot is a zoo and the sidewalks are a death trap.

Edited by AronG
typo
  • Like 1

The sign for CitiTrends is down and the store appears closed. Things seem to be  moving a lot faster than most expected. 

In other grocery news, Sprouts has pulled a permit for their new store down the road from the Eastland Kroger. https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3426279?page=2&searchText=Gallatin ave&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber DESC . Seems a bit premature since the SP hasn’t been approved by Metro Council, but maybe this is just trying to get a head start in the permitting process.  Workers were drilling in the parking lot this morning, and it appears Cizars has closed :tw_confused:.

Another interesting permit applied for along Gallatin:

1010 Gallatin Avenue: Slow Hand Coffee and Pelican Pig Restaurant have applied for a building rehab permit — would be in the same building as the new tropical themed bar under construction, Pearl Diver. https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3432532?page=1&searchText=Gallatin ave&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber DESC

Edited by WebberThomas4
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, WebberThomas4 said:

The sign for CitiTrends is down and the store appears closed. Things seem to be  moving a lot faster than most expected. 

In other grocery news, Sprouts has pulled a permit for their new store down the road from the Eastland Kroger. https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3426279?page=2&searchText=Gallatin ave&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber DESC . Seems a bit premature since the SP hasn’t been approved by Metro Council, but maybe this is just trying to get a head start in the permitting process.  Workers were drilling in the parking lot this morning, and it appears Cizars has closed :tw_confused:.

Another interesting permit applied for along Gallatin:

1010 Gallatin Avenue: Slow Hand Coffee and Pelican Pig Restaurant have applied for a building rehab permit — would be in the same building as the new tropical themed bar under construction, Pearl Diver. https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3432532?page=1&searchText=Gallatin ave&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=permitNumber DESC

Lots of tropical-ness coming to East Nashville -- Pearl Diver, Chopper, and Kawai.