Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

I'm not crazy about that design, as it has not street presence. However, next to the RR tracks, I suppose that's necessary. 

Is that area of Inglewood hot now?  I've always thought that Greenfield was one of the best streets in that neighborhood.  I have some friends from college who bought a house there about twenty years ago and fixed it up really nice. They lived there about 10 years. I assumed they did well on their investment. 

19-acre property north of the airport (on the other side of I-40)  at 6918 Stewarts Ferry Pike is on the market for an undisclosed asking price.

The property's base zoning is commercial limited entitled by a planned urban development that would allow retail, office, hotel and subdivide uses with an allotment for 221,350 square feet of collective building space and 861 parking spaces.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20991252/large-airportarea-property-listed-for-sale

Screen Shot 2018-02-02 at 3.52.15 PM.png

Could a music venue be going into the old Madison Bowling Alley?  From NBJ: https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/02/05/lace-em-up-notable-nashvillians-eye-deal-for.html

Jamie Rubin, founder of The Family Wash in East Nashville, and Chark Kinsolving, the designer of some of Nashville's best-known music venues (and former co-owner of Mercy Lounge, The Cannery Ballroom and The Hight Watt) are in talks to lease the former home of Madison Bowling at 517 Gallatin Pike N. in Madison. Kinsolving confirmed the talks via email Monday, but was not immediately available to share additional details.The defunct bowling alley, built in the 1950s and closed in 2012, was included on Historic Nashville Inc.'s list of the city's most endangered properties in 2016. Last fall, real estate investor Frank May paid $2 million for the property, one of several investments the prolific landowner has made in Madison, a community that has yet to experience the boom sweeping much of Music City.

• Like 1

A large industrial-zoned property located just outside downtown Nashville and hugging the Cumberland River has hit the market for $30 million.

The three-parcel site is noteworthy given its 9.58 acres and its proximity to the city’s urban core, a rail line and the river. With a main address of 407 Driftwood St., the property is home to three buildings spanning a collective approximately 191,700 square feet. The buildings opened in 1970 and are being marketed as offering Class B warehouse space. The asking price is the equivalent of $71.89 per square foot.

This site is adjacent (to the east) of the imminent Boathouse Park.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20991984/large-site-located-near-downtown-listed-for-30m

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 8.00.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 8.01.00 AM.png

• Like 4

A large industrial-zoned property located just outside downtown Nashville and hugging the Cumberland River has hit the market for $30 million.

The three-parcel site is noteworthy given its 9.58 acres and its proximity to the city’s urban core, a rail line and the river. With a main address of 407 Driftwood St., the property is home to three buildings spanning a collective approximately 191,700 square feet. The buildings opened in 1970 and are being marketed as offering Class B warehouse space. The asking price is the equivalent of $71.89 per square foot.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20991984/large-site-located-near-downtown-listed-for-30m

5a7daa4341f59_ScreenShot2018-02-09at8_00_49AM.png.3981cabfb2d352c360daea96e66dcc53.png
5a7daa445e3e0_ScreenShot2018-02-09at8_01_00AM.png.e7063f3bedfbce2004a868816772938d.png
I wonder if this will be kept industrial?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 8.00.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-09 at 8.01.00 AM.png

Shouldn't this been in the South Nashville/WeHo thread? The location is neither in the CBD or East Nashville.

2 hours ago, Rockatansky said:

Shouldn't this been in the South Nashville/WeHo thread? The location is neither in the CBD or East Nashville.

It's tough to know which thread it should go.  I chose this one because it's north of Hermitage Ave, which eventually becomes Donelson Pike, and that fits under the listings in this thread.

Pied Piper Eatery is closing : (

From their Facebook page:

It is with great mixed emotion that the Piper family must announce the closing of Pied Piper Eatery. The diner's last day of service will be Sunday February 18, 2018. Please come visit your favorite server, order your favorite entree (or salad, or sandwich, or breakfast, etc) while they last, and take a selfie or two.
As many of you know, the Eatery's co-founder and owner Becky Piper passed away several years ago. As her family, we have done our best to honor her vision for her creation, but it was her heart that beat for this diner, this work. We've decided it's truly time to let her rest, and to honor her by following our own creative visions.
Thanks for nearly ten years of sharing your family celebrations, your hangover breakfasts, and your personal milestones with us.
Don't worry, you can still enjoy a bit of that Piper crazy, as the Creamery is not going anywhere.
We had a good run, East Nashville. Thanks for going along for the ride.

1 hour ago, Chris Lee said:

Has work stalled on the Fieldhouse Jones hotel project on Main Street in East Nashville? My office is just up the street and I haven't seen crews there or any more height for several weeks.

Work stalled for about a month, but I noticed construction crews working on-site last week. 

• 2 weeks later...

Groundbreaking looms on a 23-unit residential project near Donelson, the latest addition to the fast-growing East Davidson County community.  The property, with an address of 300 Stewart’s Ferry Pike, is slated for 13 attached townhomes and 10 detached cottages. The name of the development will be 300 Stewart’s Ferry.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20994586/donelson-slated-for-residential-development

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 5.19.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 5.21.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-07 at 9.29.58 AM.png

• Like 3