Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

5 hours ago, fishsticks176 said:

Yazoo Brewery is making the move to Madison. It will construct a custom campus on a six-acre parcel at 900 River Bluff Drive. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/20997338/yazoo-taps-madison-for-future-home

Not very surprised by this. Yazoo has been trying to branch out to be more regional in flavor for a while now, and they're at capacity at their Gulch facility.

I suspect that we'll see them increase distribution through the southeast very soon after they get production up and going here.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 11:07 AM, WebberThomas4 said:

Work stalled for about a month, but I noticed construction crews working on-site last week. 

Drove by this morning, and all equipment, materials, and signage have been removed from the Fieldhouse Jones hotel construction site on Main Street.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

More info on Madison Square redevelopment:

- Will feature 11 buildings containing a combined 1,035 residential units (mostly apartments and townhomes), more than 360,000 square feet of office space, civic space for community meetings and local theater performances, and also 163,000 square feet of retail. Likely more than $100 million of construction.

- Developer Tom Corcoran said he has the investor equity in place to secure a construction loan for the first phase, an estimated $25 million dose of construction that would feature 386 apartments at the rear of the site, farthest from Gallatin Pike.

- Metro Council has approved a zoning change that would enable Corcoran and co-investor James Maddox to create their full vision.

- Corcoran said he expects to begin construction within the next few years — but definitely not this year, he said, because design work on specific buildings has yet to begin.

- Corcoran also said he's not eager to immediately build too many of the apartments, given the amount of units under construction or coming soon to Nashville.

- Nashville architecture and land-planning firm Hawkins Parthers is advising on the project.

- Metro is making related investments as well. A $6 million road named Station Boulevard is set to open in summer 2019, connecting into the project with a roundabout and also linking with Gallatin Pike.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/03/30/eleven-buildings-a-thousand-housing-units-one-big.html

The first phase will be in the upper left of this diagram, to feature 386 apts, and 37,500 sq. ft. of civic space:

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 8.42.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-30 at 8.42.25 AM.png

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hey_Hey said:

This could be a huge project for Madison and all of Nashville if the light rail along Gallatin goes forward. This would definitely be a transit-oriented development  (along a LRT line, mixed use, high density residential) and should also be at a lower price point than anything in the other areas of Nashville. Developments like this is what Nashville needs to provide affordable housing that can also allow its residents to live car-free. This is also exactly what Nashville Next called for: density along the major roads with transit supporting the growth. 

As of right now the light rail will stop at Briley Parkway and won’t reach this project, but with further development like this and already extremely high transit ridership in Madison I could see the first expansion of the plan being shooting the Gallatin line up to Old Hickory Blvd or even Rivergate Pkwy. 

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:40 AM, AronG said:

Second phase of the Cayce redevelopment is coming along. I wonder if they're cooking on Phase 3 yet? If not this is going to take about 150 years.

image.thumb.png.7deb8b543056f93157809e8df6f4da8e.png

I think MDHA just picked a GC for phase 3, so it is moving forward. This is not a 2 or 3 year project. We are looking at at least ten maybe more. I know its out there and I just do not remember the timeline.

• Thanks 1

^ ^ ^ If I recall correctly, it is about a 15 year roll out, due to having to construct and move people in while maintaining current residences simultaneously--numerous stages involved. If everything works as hoped for Envision Cayce, then the plan would be to do similar re-imaginings at the other public housing districts around town.

• Like 1