Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Yet another apartment complex coming to the Music CityStar Donelson Station area:

Real estate investors from New York, South Florida and Atlanta are among the prospective buyers scouting a 6.4-acre development site that's newly on the market — near a train station in a fast-growing area.

In an interview, Brandon Plunkett reported that level of interest in the property mainly at 119-121 Donelson Pike, which he part-owns. Metro has approved about 200 apartments and a bit of commercial space for the site, dubbed Donelson Station for its proximity to the Music City Star commuter rail station nearby.

The site is now listed for sale at an asking price of $5.2 million, Plunkett said. He estimated the Donelson Station project, as designed, would cost roughly $20 million to create. Construction could begin as soon as next month, he said.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/04/11/investors-circle-development-site-linked-to.html

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 8.49.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 8.49.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-11 at 8.50.24 AM.png

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought that part was weird too.

Automobile repair and sales, bars and nightclubs, artisan distilleries, breweries, liquor shops, restaurants, parking structures, hotels, short-term rentals and parking structures would only be allowed if approved by city leaders with certain operating conditions

Almost all of those seem odd to require explicit approvals. Why add more friction to the development process? I thought this was the whole point of form-based codes?

• Like 1

Things the East Side needs:

hibachi restaurant

credit union

steak place

more sidewalks

a bigger library (inglewood library is incredibly small and I have not been to the library near five points)

another sit down pizza place (we have stopped going to five points pizza because there's always a wait to be seated)

7 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

hibachi restaurant

credit union

steak place

more sidewalks

a bigger library (inglewood library is incredibly small and I have not been to the library near five points)

another sit down pizza place (we have stopped going to five points pizza because there's always a wait to be seated)

+ drive through coffee place. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

hibachi restaurant

credit union

steak place

more sidewalks

There is a sit down pizza place, quite literally, around the corner from 5 points. Pizzereal. It’s family owned and staffed. Pretty darn good. Also, Italia on Woodland St (walking distance from 5pts). Meridian Cafe in Cleveland Park does pies and Stromboli/Calzones. 

As far as sidewalks go, I would not only say “more” but also “wider”.

Edited by nashvillwill
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

hibachi restaurant

credit union

steak place

more sidewalks

Boom Bozz (sp?) Pizza is under construction at the old Crystal Fountains church at 10th and Russell. There’s the Fireman’s Credit Union on Woodland (being a fireman may be a requirement though...not sure)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Edgefield D said:

Boom Bozz (sp?) Pizza is under construction at the old Crystal Fountains church at 10th and Russell. There’s the Fireman’s Credit Union on Woodland (being a fireman may be a requirement though...not sure)

And there is also Italia across from Lockeland Table and the Pizza Real across from the library.  The historic Carnegie library at 5 Points is nice, but also small.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

+ drive through coffee place. 

Sip Cafe!

Thanks for the pizza recs guys, I will check out Italia.  We've ordered from there but didn't know they had seating.

I'll check the Fireman's credit union out. 

Any other type of restaurant we're missing on the east side?

40 minutes ago, Rockatansky said:

A good Chinese delivery place would be nice, as would an Indian restaurant and a Halal Guys.

Good call, a good sit down Chinese place with delivery would be nice. 

Maybe my gyro palate is just unrefined but I've always been happy with the couple gyro places over here.  Would always welcome a new one to try, though.

6 minutes ago, AronG said:

A good thai place. We deserve better than Koi and Phooket.

We used to love Koi but then we heard some really awful stories about the food quality and stopped going.  Phooket, liked it but service was always so slow.  Almost went the other night.

6 minutes ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Baja Burrito

Yes, a fast casual burrito/taco place would be nice.

20 minutes ago, grilled_cheese said:

Yes, a fast casual burrito/taco place would be nice.

I live in Madison and I either have to go to Hendersonville for a Moe’s or hermitage for a qdoba (ugh) if I want a fast casual burrito place. Blue coast, baja, Moe’s, and chipotle are missing a major market on the east side of the river.