Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Some building finally at the 40-acre Mill Creek development at the corner of Lebanon Pike and Donelson Hills Drive. The site will develop ten acres to include 18,000 square feet of retail fronting Lebanon Pike with at least 50 cottages behind. Thirty acres of the site will become an eco-park of arbors, trails, and wetlands that may link into the Greenway system. 

IMG_3462.jpg

Edited by fishsticks176
  • Like 4

A 92 room Courtyard by Marriott and 88 room Fairfield Inn & Suites are going to be built in the open lot directly to the SE of TopGolf at the NE corner of Cowan St. and Jefferson St.  It appears that Skyline Hospitality is working with a franchisee known as LinGate Hospitality of Owensboro, KY to develop the 3 acre property.   The two hotels are to be completed by 2020.  No renderings at this time.  My guess is these will be 4-5 story structures. 

UPDATE: THIS WILL NOW BE 15 STORIES, PLUS 7 STORY RESIDENTIAL BUILDING.  HAVE CREATED A SPECIFIC THREAD CALLED "TOPGOLF MARRIOTT DUAL BRAND 15 STORIES..."

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/04/30/marriott-brand-hotels-sprouting-next-to-topgolf-on.html

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 4.02.16 PM.png

• Like 3

I don’t quite understand this location. They just did a year or so worth of grading, spent a fortune in utility cost to make that spot a massive storm water retention area. Now they are just going to fill it in and develop?

Don’t get me wrong. When I saw they were making that prime corner lot into runnoff retention I gave myself a face palm. It’s not a sensible place for that. But, now that they’ve done it, can they really just eliminate it? I’m not a hydraulic engineer, but it seems like it would create a problem. 

Edited by nashvillwill

3 hours ago, nashvillwill said:

I don’t quite understand this location. They just did a year or so worth of grading, spent a fortune in utility cost to make that spot a massive storm water retention area. Now they are just going to fill it in and develop?

Don’t get me wrong. When I saw they were making that prime corner lot into runnoff retention I gave myself a face palm. It’s not a sensible place for that. But, now that they’ve done it, can they really just eliminate it? I’m not a hydraulic engineer, but it seems like it would create a problem. 

I haven't been down there yet but those look oversized for just the TopGolf. It's possible they needed fill material, just took it from the site, and used the pits for stormwater.

In any case all you have to do in a new development is not create a higher peak flow for a given storm event than what was there before. For most developments, this means using detention storage to store water and release it over a longer period of time.

If the new hotels don't increase the peak flow then no action is needed. But they could also incorporate other design features like permeable pavement or stormwater storage cells under the parking lots to achieve the same effect as a detention pond.

The whole site's in a floodplain anyway, was underwater eight years ago tomorrow.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2018 at 2:30 PM, bhibbs said:

I may not be the smartest man, but, isn't "motor court" just a fancy way of saying 'parking lot".....

I think so.  But I hope not.  That would not be a good use of the land.  A garage would be far more attractive.  

I do like the idea of a 15 story building in that location.  That could open up the gates for others to come in behind it with similar sized if not taller buildings.

This is Dan Heller's project. Same guy who had the WeWorks building built. He has said he has some occupants already lined up, but is keeping it under his hat.  There was once talk of a chicken in waffle shop going in somewhere in the building, but I don't know if that is still in the works.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

Why has the growth the rest of the city has seen the last 10+ years seemingly skipped over Madison?

Not all of Davidson County has grown. Also, the leading determinate of commercial and residential development in recent years has been proximity to downtown. So East Nashville has developed more than Madison via proximity. Don't worry, with increased land costs and rental rates in E Nash and elsewhere, Madison is seeing increased attention. Among others, Yazoo is moving there.

• Like 2