Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

I drove down this area last weekend and was really disappointed in the uninspiring design that these townhomes are bringing to the area. Hopefully these ones under construction do more to make the streetscape a bit more inviting then the others just to the west...

• Like 1

On 5/18/2018 at 10:17 AM, Bos2Nash said:

I drove down this area last weekend and was really disappointed in the uninspiring design that these townhomes are bringing to the area. Hopefully these ones under construction do more to make the streetscape a bit more inviting then the others just to the west...

Yeah the E Trinity/Litton/Gallatin intersection is one of the few areas on the east side that isn't blocked by zoning from allowing medium density and I've enjoyed watching it sprout up, but it hasn't quite made the leap to the cool little walkable neighborhood center that it could be. I feel like it needs some public investment to calm the intersection with Gallatin. If someone would buy a couple of the fast food spots and replace them with 4/5 story mixed use residential that might put the area over the top.

Until then at least they're filling in with enough residential to generate future foot traffic. This is my favorite strange design over there; it looks like it's ready for a sweet paintball battle.

image.thumb.png.564fcc840969699c1c0238b2acb22088.png

• Like 1

MDHA has released a new rendering of Phase 3 of Envision Cayce, which will be known as Boscobel I. It will be made up of three 4 story buildings with 96 housing units along South 6th St, near Sylvan St. Ground was broken last week. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21006003/notes-new-image-released-for-cayce-project

Envision Cayce, Phase 3, Boscobel, May 22, 2018, render.png

• Like 1

It seems like a real missed opportunity that so many of these developments don't bury the power lines while they have the sidewalks torn up. I'm sure it still isn't cheap, but it seems like it would be worth the cost. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

It seems like a real missed opportunity that so many of these developments don't bury the power lines while they have the sidewalks torn up. I'm sure it still isn't cheap, but it seems like it would be worth the cost. 

We have to hold on to at least one portion of old Nashville

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Vrtigo said:

It's not only that it is expensive, but you have to have NES do the work.  Most of the time it simply too expensive but sometimes it is also because the schedule won't allow for it to happen.

• Like 4

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 7:13 AM, markhollin said:

Eastwood Apartments (3 stories, 57 units) update.

Looking NE from intersection of Porter Rd. and Tillman Lane:

Eastwood Apts, May 12, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking south along Porter Rd. from intersection with Benjamin St:

Eastwood Apts, May 12, 2018, 2.jpg

Ironically, that "shoulder work ahead" sign creates visibility issues for cars trying to pull out from Tillman Lane onto Porter Road. 

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:25 AM, markhollin said:

Fieldhouse Jones Hotel (5 stories, 100 rooms) update. Construction underway again.

Looking NW from intersection of Main St. and South 9th St:

Fieldhouse Jones, May 12, 2018.jpg

I wish that this one would hurry up!  It's a strong design that will frame Main Street nicely.  It will introduce some positive street activation in an area that currently experiences some disturbances in the gaps.  I would imagine that adding these guests to Main Street could also help support Smith & Lentz as well as the new Urban Winery that opened nearby.  The south side of Main Street is coming along from a retail/restaurant perspective but the north side of the street could use some more help.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bwithers1 said:

I wish that this one would hurry up!  It's a strong design that will frame Main Street nicely.  It will introduce some positive street activation in an area that currently experiences some disturbances in the gaps.  I would imagine that adding these guests to Main Street could also help support Smith & Lentz as well as the new Urban Winery that opened nearby.  The south side of Main Street is coming along from a retail/restaurant perspective but the north side of the street could use some more help.

isnt the Citgo at 5th and Main up for sale...or did I dream reading about that?
Having something different at that location would help out a lot, IMO.

• Like 2

On 5/26/2018 at 12:18 AM, nashvillwill said:

The bar has just been lowered significantly. Two new houses on Stainback in Highland Heights. No porch, no windows on the sides, nothing but Cement board and a roof. 

0F449F55-19EF-4EBD-BA8B-900B31FF2DCC.jpeg

There is no shame (or maybe pride) for some of these builders and their desire for ROI. Sadly, these will probably sell within days on the market.

• Like 1