smeagolsfree

East Nashville/Inglewood/Madison/Donelson/Hermitage/Old Hickory

I drove down this area last weekend and was really disappointed in the uninspiring design that these townhomes are bringing to the area. Hopefully these ones under construction do more to make the streetscape a bit more inviting then the others just to the west...

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, grilled_cheese said:

Is the Madison bowling alley project moving forward?  Haven't seen any work happening over there but I have not driven by in a while.

project is still the planning/design phase.  construction has not started

Fieldhouse Jones Hotel (5 stories, 100 rooms) update. Construction underway again.

Looking NW from intersection of Main St. and South 9th St:

Fieldhouse Jones, May 12, 2018.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/18/2018 at 10:12 AM, markhollin said:

Vibe City Homes (3 stories, 30 townhomes) update.

Looking SW from East Trinity Lane, just west of intersection with Casper Ave:

Vibe City Homes, May 12, 2018.jpg

That's some mighty fine fall protection up on the roof level. 

• Sad 1

On 5/18/2018 at 10:17 AM, Bos2Nash said:

I drove down this area last weekend and was really disappointed in the uninspiring design that these townhomes are bringing to the area. Hopefully these ones under construction do more to make the streetscape a bit more inviting then the others just to the west...

Yeah the E Trinity/Litton/Gallatin intersection is one of the few areas on the east side that isn't blocked by zoning from allowing medium density and I've enjoyed watching it sprout up, but it hasn't quite made the leap to the cool little walkable neighborhood center that it could be. I feel like it needs some public investment to calm the intersection with Gallatin. If someone would buy a couple of the fast food spots and replace them with 4/5 story mixed use residential that might put the area over the top.

Until then at least they're filling in with enough residential to generate future foot traffic. This is my favorite strange design over there; it looks like it's ready for a sweet paintball battle.

image.thumb.png.564fcc840969699c1c0238b2acb22088.png

• Like 1