Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

On 5/15/2018 at 3:28 PM, MLBrumby said:

Would you like to start a new Topic Thread to start listing the best 2 dozen streets in Metro Davidson that would have the biggest impact on reducing traffic congestion if connected?  I'm not one to start topics without some support. A couple of other folks on this board are much better at starting them. But if there's support for one, then let's go!! 

I think this is a great idea. You’ve got my vote to start a topic on how to improve the street grid/traffic improvement ideas. Best two dozen streets in Metro to connect. My votes are Wedgewood with Fesslers (especially with MLS/fairgrounds development) and some of ‘Pie Towns’ disconnected streets

3 hours ago, nashwatcher said:

I think this is a great idea. You’ve got my vote to start a topic on how to improve the street grid/traffic improvement ideas. Best two dozen streets in Metro to connect. My votes are Wedgewood with Fesslers (especially with MLS/fairgrounds development) and some of ‘Pie Towns’ disconnected streets

yes someone start it.  

BTW,  thank you to whomever shared the metro parcel viewer a couple weeks ago.  so much info on there.   including planned roads.  like wedgewood to feslers.  i knwo this is te wrong topic, but here you go.

image.png

Edited by volsfanwill
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 1:34 PM, bwithers1 said:

I wish that this one would hurry up!  It's a strong design that will frame Main Street nicely.  It will introduce some positive street activation in an area that currently experiences some disturbances in the gaps.  I would imagine that adding these guests to Main Street could also help support Smith & Lentz as well as the new Urban Winery that opened nearby.  The south side of Main Street is coming along from a retail/restaurant perspective but the north side of the street could use some more help.

Yeah this one will be attractive, and although the bachelorette party headquarters a couple blocks down will *not* be, it will at least provide even more foot traffic/street activation. Whatever happened to that development on the car lot in 5 points across from the library? Did they kill it based on the people that showed up at the meetings?

On 5/29/2018 at 9:10 AM, CenterHill said:

Googled to see where these ^ townhomes were and came across this infill on Stainback.     Holy curb cut!    How the frick did this get through the Zoning Commission?   

Stainback.png

Imagine a whole block like this.  Yikes.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, TNinVB said:

Hmmmm that’s interesting. Not even sure how they could make them look more appealing. Flower boxes or kudzu perhaps? :dontknow:

Restore the sidewalk, pave over the grass strips and put basketball goals on each side.

Those houses are a half block from me. I’ve talked to the owner of one of them at neighborhood functions. She’s from SoCal. I’m paraphrasing here, but she said something along the lines of “the new houses are nice. The old houses look gross”. 

I’ve also met her about 6-7 times and each time she has no idea we’ve ever met, so.....

Take that for what it’s worth. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

^ I live walking distance from that. Definitely going to be taking the kid over there to the playground, as long as it doesn’t end up getting too ‘hood. I only wish they’d put some more extensive sidewalk-trails through the grounds. 

25 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

^ I live walking distance from that. Definitely going to be taking the kid over there to the playground, as long as it doesn’t end up getting too ‘hood. I only wish they’d put some more extensive sidewalk-trails through the grounds. 

I drove over there when it was still under construction and the neighborhood didn't seem too rough.  Blue collar mostly.  It's in a weird spot, not directly accessible by a main road like the East Community Center is.  I look forward to going there.