Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, PruneTracy said:

The driveway design doesn't even work on this one. Look at the extra paved section on one side and the bare dirt on the other.

Looks like it was designed for a family driving sedans or small suvs. But instead they habe a full size suv and a full size truck. 

Way too many people they to live in the city with an impractically sized truck. 

4 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

If all the neighborhood has driveways (as it appears in the photos that include nearby homes), why should these be built up to the street?

They should be built in a place where they can be built to the street.   I didn't mean they should be built up to the street on THAT street.

23 hours ago, markhollin said:

1300 Lischey (three 3 story buildings, 16 townhomes, plus retail) update. Foundational work underway.

Looking NW from intersection of Douglas Ave. and Lischey Ave:

Lischey and Douglass Apts, May 12, 2018.jpg

the development in this area really blows my mind.
When I was in HS at Stratford we had a gang that cause a ton of trouble literally called the "Lischey boys"
You didnt dare drive down Lischey at that point in my life and now town homes are being built down through there....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

Sounds like Pear Diver will open this month?

https://nashville.eater.com/2018/6/5/17430374/pearl-diver-opening-date

That would be great.  There is a lot of good renovation work being done to the exterior.  I wish that I would have taken some before-and-after photos of that stretch of Gallatin by my house from Seymour to Sharpe.  Many of the actual buildings are the same as ten years ago but appear or will appear completely different.

28 minutes ago, bwithers1 said:

That would be great.  There is a lot of good renovation work being done to the exterior.  I wish that I would have taken some before-and-after photos of that stretch of Gallatin by my house from Seymour to Sharpe.  Many of the actual buildings are the same as ten years ago but appear or will appear completely different. 

This should take you to a street view from May 2009

On 6/8/2018 at 10:52 AM, markhollin said:

The .57 acre site of a former gas station at the at the busy intersection of Riverside Drive and Porter Rd. in East Nashville is up for sale.  the other three corners have adaptive reuse of structures either complete or underway.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21008429/prominent-east-side-intersection-property-for-sale

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 10.37.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 10.37.44 AM.png

Very good news.  I was always a little upset when we would go to Pied Piper and see that lot chained off with no activity or even ability to park there.  Make it a bar!

• Like 1

Duke’s is opening across the street from this spot in the old Pied Piper space. I’m not sure if it will be similar to their Five Points location or not. 

Does anyone know what is being planned for the church at 1600 Riverside Dr? I know it sold last year and the buyer was the founder of Crocs foundation. They tore down a few houses along Porter Ave, but it does not appear that much else has been done. 

Also in this area:

- The gas station at 1520 Porter Rd is for sale for $2 million. Not sure they could get what they’re asking, but I would love to see that go. Especially after the shooting in broad daylight a few Saturday’s ago. 

Edited by WebberThomas4

10 minutes ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Duke’s is opening across the street from this spot in the old Pied Piper space. I’m not sure if it will be similar to their Five Points location or not.

It will be a Korean restaurant!

http://theeastnashvillian.com/blog/ENblogs/new-korean-restaurant-in-the-works-at-former-pied-piper-eatery-in-east-nashville

• Like 3