Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

I’m pretty sure the windows and stained glass will be somewhat untouched because of the historic overlay. 

The windows were greatly damaged during the tornado and most of this glass is actually not original.  Some of the lower portions of the windows were removed and not returned  under circumstances that were controversial and remarked upon in the press at the time.  But as a general statement, the shape of the windows would need to be retained whether or not the actual glass pieces are retained or replaced.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bwithers1 said:

Yes, about half a dozen of the original Cayce housing quadplexes along the middle portion of S 8th are being demolished to make way for the new Explore Community School K-8 school campus.  8th will terminate at the campus.  S 8th Court, which is the portion that currently is a one-way around the horse-shoe heading southwest and dead-ending into S 7th Street will actually become a one-way going in the opposite direction (north/northeast) and leading into the school parking lot.  Then traffic will head out through the Martha O'Bryan Center lot onto S 7th.  These street configurations will be temporary until the health clinic on 8th is demolished and relocated and the new street that crosses along what is to be the central park frontage connects from 9th/Sevier over to S 5th at some point.  The lower portion of the remaining S 8th Court "horse-shoe) will eventually be replaced by Dew Street, which will be connected from its current terminus in a culdesac over to S 6th Street.  A portion of that terminus of Dew Street at S 6th will be constructed when the new Boscobel II apartments buildings and townhouses are constructed soon at the northeast corner of S 6th/Lenore.  A lot of construction activity is taking place or starting soon in Cayce!

Thanks Brett. When we think of "Envision Cayce" does that not include CWA Plaza fronting Shelby? It looks like it ends at Sylvan?

ec.png

• Like 1

this is so wild to me, when I was in HS school at Stratford in the late 90's the "South 8th Mafia" were hands down the worst gang in the East Nashville area, now that road they all lived on is going to be a school.  really glad to see this area get a nice fresh face lift.

• Like 4

OK, I really need help here. I need boundaries where phase 2 is in Cayce and where phase 3 will be for the map.

9 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I just wanted to slap you through the computer screen. 

Didnt want to slap you Jamie, just nashvillewill for buming me out. I hit the wrong quote. We both need to slap him for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

An Element by Westin boutique hotel is slated for 2825 Elm Hill Pike in Donelson. The 2.88 acre lot is currently home to an 84 Lumber outlet.  No rendering, nor size/amount of rooms announced yet.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21014215/donelson-slated-for-element-hotel

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 8.11.03 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-20 at 8.12.21 AM.png

6 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I have it on the map as well. I am trying to update the info as I get it. I found this one on the permits yesterday and it had not been reported by any outlet. I just need constant urging to keep the map updated.

Have you considered sharing editing permissions on your map with a select group of people? I can't commit to it, but I'm sure there are several trustworthy members here who would love to help you keep things up to date!

Here's a Google help page that explains how to share a map.

I am very open to that. I transferred the map to Neo and UP as they own the map now and right now I am the only one with editing permission from Neo. I would welcome some help and is also a good idea in case I die next week.  :tw_grimace:Just kidding!

It has been a huge undertaking but one of the things I am doing right now is the multiple building projects like One City, Nashville Yards etc. is making a separate box for each building as some start and other do not with these multi phased projects.

Just PM me Vrtigo and add Neo to the mail and he can get you set up. I have a lot of work that needs to be finished for all of the 2015-2018 projects

The August Moon Drive-In is still in the works. The $6.5 million, 40,000 sq. ft. indoor drive-in, which was to have been opened by now, has been slowed due to other potential sites in town and Pigeon Forge being considered as well.  But the site off of James Robertson Parkway near the I-24 intersection is still very much a priority in the plans.  They are still organizing their financing, and trying to narrow down which location to open first. 

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/07/23/august-moon-drive-in-founder-updates-nashville.html

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 2.01.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 2.01.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-23 at 2.01.48 PM.png

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:42 PM, FatherLand said:

Thanks Brett. When we think of "Envision Cayce" does that not include CWA Plaza fronting Shelby? It looks like it ends at Sylvan?

ec.png

Fatherland:  The Envision Cayce Redevelopment District and Master Plan most definitely includes the CWA properties on the south side of Shelby.  Here is the sketch of the area that was included in the 2016 rezoning https://www.nashville.gov/mc/pdfs/zoning/2016_calendar_year/bl2016_478_sketch.pdf.  Since that time, MDHA acquired some of the parcels at the northeast corner of S 6th/Lenore and on the west side of 6th opposite Lenore.  On the west side of 6th is the location where the Boscobel 1 project (96 units in three buildings) is currently under construction.  We are hoping to break ground on Boscobel II (on the northeast corner of 6th/Lenore) later this summer.  I have legislation that should be forthcoming for the abandonment of an unbuilt alley in that site.  That project will have townhomes fronting the corner of 6th/Lenore with a larger apartment building fronting the middle of the block on Lenore and another apartment building at the top of the hill.  There will be shared green space in the center of this component of the project, and MDHA will also build the terminus of Dew Street connecting to S 6th.  Eventually, Dew Street will be connected all the way from its current terminus in a cul-de-sac just west of S 11th.  It will be continued all the way through to S 6th to restore the street grid.

• Like 4

On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 3:55 PM, bhibbs said:

this is so wild to me, when I was in HS school at Stratford in the late 90's the "South 8th Mafia" were hands down the worst gang in the East Nashville area, now that road they all lived on is going to be a school.  really glad to see this area get a nice fresh face lift.

Yes.  There was a spike in deaths related to gun violence in Cayce in 2017 and almost all of those shootings took place on S 8th.  To be sure, that portion of the campus needs a fresh start with something much more positive. 

• Like 1