Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

29 minutes ago, Gracie said:

At the Inglewood Neighborhood Association meeting last night the new proposal for the NW corner of Riverside Village  (Riverside/McGavock) was discussed.  Unlike the first plan, which was presented in Feb '17, this plan was well received -- in fact, surprisingly, there was very little push back. 

One of the big concerns with the first plan was that the zoning would be changed on the lots on Riverside to allow the higher density (townhomes+microunits) and, while the developer promised to only rehab the commercial strip on McGavock, he could pull a bait and switch -- getting the higher density on Riverside and then razing and rebuilding something big on McGavock. This new plan fixed this with a new SP for the entire site.

Residential:

-- 32 apartment units including a 3-story building of 400sqf units, as well as 5 buildings of 1 + 2 bed units
-- buildings will have Tudor aesthetic with some stone and hardy board
-- 8 foot sidewalk 
-- courtyard with rain garden
-- permeable pavers will be used

Commercial:

-- entirety of building fronting McGavock will be Moto Moda from Barista Parlor folks -- featuring pizza + coffee
-- parking along McGavock will be replaced by sidewalk + landscaping
-- Bailey+Cato building will be razed - eventually maybe office building, but gravel for now

Hopefully I got all this right :dontknow:

IMG_3254.jpg.07d0348efe4b5850bd4c856887012756.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0364a.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

I really like this and am glad they are still moving forward. Does this mean that Fond Object will be leaving the corner spot? 

Yesterday the Board of Zoning Appeals approved the sidewalk variance and parking variance request for Hubba Hubba Tiki Bar project at 912 Main Street.  I supported both variance requests.  This project is a lease agreement for an existing building and lot that could use some reimagining.  Powell Architects is working on designs.  The team presenting the concept is the owners of Crying Wolf on Woodland.  We have some cool adaptive reuses of otherwise nondescript buildings coming in the pipeline along that portion of Main/Woodland between 9th and McFerrin. 

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WebberThomas4 said:

I really like this and am glad they are still moving forward. Does this mean that Fond Object will be leaving the corner spot? 

That is correct. In the first plan FO would have moved into the Baily+Cato bldg and the strip would have had a pizza place, a taco place, and additional retail. This plan is just Moto Moda.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bwithers1 said:

Yesterday the Board of Zoning Appeals approved the sidewalk variance and parking variance request for Hubba Hubba Tiki Bar project at 912 Main Street.  I supported both variance requests.  This project is a lease agreement for an existing building and lot that could use some reimagining.  Powell Architects is working on designs.  The team presenting the concept is the owners of Crying Wolf on Woodland.  We have some cool adaptive reuses of otherwise nondescript buildings coming in the pipeline along that portion of Main/Woodland between 9th and McFerrin. 

Thanks for the update!

Do you happen to know anything about the Citgo at 5th and Main? It was reported some time ago that there was a contract in place to sell the gas station. 

9 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Orange Theory was issued a $425,000 building permit yesterday for their new location at 1214 Gallatin Ave (retail in front of old Wal-Mart Market). T-Mobile is the only other confirmed tenant, but they have yet to pull a permit. The loopnet listing for this building was recently taken down, FWIW. 

I went onto Loopnet and noticed that the parcel that has Battered and Fried, Drifters and the building behind Drifters (?) is for sale as one parcel. Interesting....

• Like 1

Gerst House property (.67 acre at 301 Woodland St.  between Woodland and Main, hugging the west side of I-24 innerbelt) is up for sale for an undisclosed price.  Has already had several offers. Prospects include those who would assume the existing building and re-open as a restaurant to those who would scrape and redevelop the site.  The current structure that housed the restaurant was built in 2000, and haas no historic significance.  

One would think the Monroe Investment Partners would be most aggressive in getting this land, as it would complement the huge swath they own just to the west between Main and Woodland on north/south, and Interstate Dr. and South 2nd St. on east/west.

More behind the The Nashville Post pawyall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21017203/building-last-home-to-gerst-haus-hits-market

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 8.10.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 8.17.51 AM.png

• Like 1

^ Crappy part about this property is that since it’s almost completely surrounded by parking lots and the interstate it’s pretty isolated, for being in the center of the urban area. I suppose if it was developed as residential the views of downtown would be pretty good. 

Sprouts Farmer’s Market had a booth at TomatoFest this past Saturday, and I spoke with one of their representatives about their plans to open an East Nashville store within the Hill Center Greenwood development. I left thinking that it is not looking good — she stated they are still doing research on demographics, etc. (something they should have done before any sort of announcement, imo). As this project seems to keep getting delayed, I have a feeling that the main tenant will no longer be Sprouts.

Publix was once considering this site for a new store, but that fell through in 2007 or 2008.  They seem to be expanding within Nashville’s core (8th Ave S and Capitol View) with smaller urban stores that require less of a footprint, so maybe they are reconsidering this site? Who knows, but it will be interesting to see how this all takes shape. 

Also, the newly renovated Aldi at Eastland is open and they did a great job!

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Sprouts Farmer’s Market had a booth at TomatoFest this past Saturday, and I spoke with one of their representatives about their plans to open an East Nashville store within the Hill Center Greenwood development. I left thinking that it is not looking good — she stated they are still doing research on demographics, etc. (something they should have done before any sort of announcement, imo). As this project seems to keep getting delayed, I have a feeling that the main tenant will no longer be Sprouts.

Publix was once considering this site for a new store, but that fell through in 2007 or 2008.  They seem to be expanding within Nashville’s core (8th Ave S and Capitol View) with smaller urban stores that require less of a footprint, so maybe they are reconsidering this site? Who knows, but it will be interesting to see how this all takes shape. 

Thanks for sharing that.....I wondered what is taking so long for this to move forward. I assumed it was because the new Youngs Fashions building wasn't quite finished yet. I guess maybe there is more to it. I would not be upset if it was a Publix though.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Gee, glad they managed to drive away several local businesses, including a beloved neighborhood restaurant, while they figure stuff out.

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:18 PM, markhollin said:

Some modifications were made and approved in the design and site plan for Boscobel II residential project (Phase 3 of the Envision Cayce plan) by MDHA Design Review Committee today:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21016883/mdha-xxx-plan-for-mixeduse-building-eyed-for-gulch

Screen Shot 2018-08-07 at 3.12.36 PM.png

Yes, this one is a mix of townhomes fronting the streets with apartment buildings built into the hill.  I presently have legislation to abandon an unbuilt alley that exists there.  The project as proposed includes construction the western terminus of Dew Street at South 6th. 

• Like 3