Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Thanks for the pictures, Mark.  This is DJ (new guy who came to the last meet-up).  Does anyone know if they're going to redo the street grid at all within the Cayce project to make the blocks smaller?  Looks like the grid was made into 2x-3x-sized blocks in comparison with the surrounding Edgefield area when the project was originally built. 

• Like 3

On 9/8/2018 at 10:07 AM, DJIII said:

Thanks for the pictures, Mark.  This is DJ (new guy who came to the last meet-up).  Does anyone know if they're going to redo the street grid at all within the Cayce project to make the blocks smaller?  Looks like the grid was made into 2x-3x-sized blocks in comparison with the surrounding Edgefield area when the project was originally built. 

Most of what they're doing street grid-wise seems more along the lines of reconnecting the existing grid. Extending Dew St, reworking the big curve on S 8th, etc. Here's one of the maps:

image.thumb.png.3909757b0bf5ff654c32d58a448f0038.png

http://www.nashville-mdha.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Cayce-Community-Unit-Planning-Overlay-8-31-17.pdf

• Like 4

On 9/8/2018 at 5:03 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Welcome DJ. BTW, were you at the Metro Council meeting last week? I thought I saw you on the screen.

I was not at the Metro Council meeting.  I have only been to the one urban planning meet-up with Mark around Labor Day.  Is there a schedule of meetings somewhere?  What goes on there?

13 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20980837/developers-eye-mixeduse-building-for-five-points

^ A truck was at this site today doing some drilling / taking samples. I thought this was dead after transit failed, but I would love to see this move forward. 

My wife, who does environmental sampling & works with drillers says 'It's a good sign that it may be moving forward, but not necessarily a guarantee of anything. Some sites are sampled for years (or decades) before any development takes place' .

• Like 3

Six.O.Nine will be a 120 unit condo complex featuring three 4 story buildings on 3.6 acres at 609 Creative Way in Madison (neat the I-65/Briley Parkway interchange).  Site work has already begun.  The first phase should be done by late 2019.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/09/12/first-look-in-madison-developers-pursue-condos.html

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 8.57.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 8.57.43 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 8.57.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 8.58.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 8.58.55 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-12 at 9.06.37 AM.png

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, DJIII said:

I was not at the Metro Council meeting.  I have only been to the one urban planning meet-up with Mark around Labor Day.  Is there a schedule of meetings somewhere?  What goes on there?

There's a thread for the Meet-Up.  Link is above.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Six.O.Nine will be a 120 unit condo complex featuring three 4 story buildings on 3.6 acres at 609 Creative Way in Madison (neat the I-65/Briley Parkway interchange).  Site work has already begun.  The first phase should be done by late 2019.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/09/12/first-look-in-madison-developers-pursue-condos.html

Basically a dorm for Nossi students.  Nice.

1 hour ago, DJIII said:

My wife, who does environmental sampling & works with drillers says 'It's a good sign that it may be moving forward, but not necessarily a guarantee of anything. Some sites are sampled for years (or decades) before any development takes place' .

15 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20980837/developers-eye-mixeduse-building-for-five-points

^ A truck was at this site today doing some drilling / taking samples. I thought this was dead after transit failed, but I would love to see this move forward. 

IMG_0229.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, DJIII said:

The meets are posted under the pinned thread as The Dave Luna Meetup. We will have another one the first Saturday in October at Woolworths on Fifth.

Envision Cayce, Phase II (94 townhomes in multiple 2 and 3 story structures) update.

Looking south along Sevier St. from intersection with Sylvan St:

Envision Cayce, Phase II, Sept 2, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking east along Sylvan St. from intersection with Sevier St:

Envision Cayce, Phase II, Sept 2, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking east along Sylvan St. from intersection with South 8th St:

Envision Cayce, Phase II, Sept 2, 2018, 3.jpg

Looking south along South 8th St., from intersection with Sylvan St:

Envision Cayce, Phase II, Sept 2, 2018, 4.jpg

Looking east from South 8th St., 1/2 block south of Sylvan St:

Envision Cayce, Phase II, Sept 2, 2018, 5.jpg

Looking south from Sylvan St., 1/2 block east of South 8th St:

Envision Cayce, Phase II, Sept 2, 2018, 6.jpg

• Like 2

https://www.nashville.gov/Metro-Clerk/Legislative/Ordinances/Details/7fe23b43-b0ae-4370-9eef-e31f52191e8b/2015-2019/BL2017-682.aspx

It appears that the Hill Center Greenwood (my phone autocorrected to Hillbilly Avenger) SP has been placed on the October 2nd Metro Council Agenda. 

Is it true, @bwithers1?

28 minutes ago, bwithers1 said:

Yes, this is correct.  H.G. Hill Realty asked me to place the item back on the Metro Council agenda.  Due to Council rules (pertaining to the fact that the item had been deferred indefinitely for greater than 90 days) the item will be placed on the October 2nd agenda and then deferred by rule for one more meeting until the October 16th meeting agenda for third and final vote.  The site plan has changed slightly as the grocery store building is slightly larger and so some parking lot details had to be reconfigured.  The apartment buildings along Greenwood and Sharpe have been replaced by a smaller number of town homes.  The restaurant store at the corner of Sharpe will have a drive-through window service.  The site plan should be updated in time for the October 2nd meeting. 

I have no information to share about potential tenants:  I would have to refer those calls to H.G. Hill Realty.  My general understanding is that some site work could begin during Q4 of this year.

Thanks for the update. Disappointing to hear that they're reconfiguring it to be more focused on car traffic instead of trying to address the neighborhood.

If you're feeling charitable do you know anything about the sheriff's office redevelopment on 5th and/or the project that was being considered on the car lot at 5 points?

Thanks for your efforts!

• Like 3

I will say that the change in parking configuration is probably more of a requirement from the grocery operator - which I still believe is no longer Sprouts - than HG Hill purposefully making it more suburban or car centric.

I’ll wait for the final plan to be released before commenting more on the layout, but overall I think this is a big deal for East Nashville.