Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

I normally don't post, Post articles but since I was here I would go ahead. Crosland Southeast out of Charlotte is the buyer. This is the company that developed One Bellevue Place.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21022959/east-side-building-home-to-marche-sells-for-431m

4 minutes ago, Edgefield D said:

I saw an article in the Post (which I don’t have access to) saying the Family Dollar building at Five Points has sold or is about to. Has anyone heard what might be going on there?

Not yet. I don't think we will know anything until the buyers have been identified along with their plans.

• Like 2

1.) I’m not thrilled about the idea of a drive thru, and I’m sure the new restaurant and coffee shop across Gallatin aren’t either. That said, Cizar’s had a drive-thru in the proposed location and it was beloved by the community. 

2.) The dimensions of the Safeway site appear to be a lot different than that of this site. I think it is important to realize this is not a particularly deep site (only 355 ft in some spots) and the store front will be a lot closer to Gallatin than most realize.

Edited by WebberThomas4

58 minutes ago, WebberThomas4 said:

1.) I’m not thrilled about the idea of a drive thru, and I’m sure the new restaurant and coffee shop across Gallatin aren’t either. That said, Cizar’s had a drive-thru in the proposed location and it was beloved by the community. 

2.) The dimensions of the Safeway site appear to be a lot different than that of this site. I think it is important to realize this is not a particularly deep site (only 355 ft in some spots) and the store front will be a lot closer to Gallatin than most realize.

I'm assuming a Chick-fil-a or Starbucks with a nice big sign. I hope I am wrong.  

Regardless of the depth, having the parking to the rear seems like a better answer. 

• Like 2

On 9/18/2018 at 10:42 AM, Pdt2f said:

If the locals would let them get a good return on investment. Personally if I had the money for a substantial project I’d look elsewhere, considering the amount of crap that you have to go through to get anything done in EN. I know many of the nimbys have noble purposes but sometimes just daaaaamn. 

This pretty much sums up my feelings right now. 

2 hours ago, Gracie said:

I'm assuming a Chick-fil-a or Starbucks with a nice big sign. I hope I am wrong.  

Regardless of the depth, having the parking to the rear seems like a better answer. 

That may seem like the answer to you but neighbors to the site have expressed opposite points of view.

On 9/17/2018 at 10:53 AM, bwithers1 said:

Actually, I am one of the few non-STR-guests walking on Gallatin, so even the fact that I walk on Gallatin is considered an anomaly in East Nashville and is frequently remarked upon.

Gee, I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that most of the buildings are fronted with parking lots, drive-thru lanes, and pull-in curb cuts? :tw_glasses:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A 300 townhome project by HND Realty and Bill Hawkins is being planned for 915 Robinson Rd. in Old Hickory.  Tentative name is Rayon City Homes.  Groundbreaking will be spring of 2019.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21023112/massive-townhome-project-slated-for-old-hickory

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 3.08.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 3.14.40 PM.png

This screenshot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the project in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 3.15.59 PM.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

The Paragon Group appears to be building twenty-one 238 sqft tiny homes at the corner of Riverside and Rosebank across from Riverside Grillshack (999 Riverside Drive). Does anyone have any more information on this? They have started applying for permits.  

Wow. 238 sqft? That's amazing. I guess they're gonna airbnb them?

Ridiculously tiny size aside, this is the kind of density that could help jumpstart that intersection into another little neighborhood center. It's for sure going to make some people's heads explode on NextDoor.

• Like 2

Can someone explain to me what kind of development is going on in the Madison area right now? This lot, in a rather deteriorating area, just sold for $1.12 Million. Are the 4-per-lot "tall skinnies" beginning to infiltrate this far to the east of Madison?

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/09/20/nashvilles-most-expensive-homes-sept-15-2018.html#g/441896/4

221manzanoroadmadison.png

45 minutes ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Can someone explain to me what kind of development is going on in the Madison area right now? This lot, in a rather deteriorating area, just sold for $1.12 Million. Are the 4-per-lot "tall skinnies" beginning to infiltrate this far to the east of Madison?

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/09/20/nashvilles-most-expensive-homes-sept-15-2018.html#g/441896/4

221manzanoroadmadison.png

That can’t be right. It’s gotta be a typo or they’re going off error-ridden paperwork. No dilapidated house in Madison not 100 feet from multiple trailer parks is going for over 1,000,000 unless there’s like a gold mine directly under it. That’s maybe a $240,000 house. 

That being said, if that’s how much housing values have gone up in Madison the past year, I’m going to make a killing! ;) 

• Like 1

Here is the CEO of HG Hill realty company talking about WALKABILITY and how expensive parking is.  Gives me hope that we can get the parking lot of the HG Hill Center Greenwood grocery store moved to the rear of the property for a more walk/bike/transit-friendly design  I am going to try and contact him to talk about the development (anyone have his email?).  I talked to an architect today and her only thought on why grocery stores wouldn't want to be up front is that drivers would be intimidated because they can't immediately see the parking from the street, and thus lose customers who 'give up' and go to a different store.  Seems like a pretty flimsy reason to not embrace a walkable design. We will see if there's any other location considerations when I talk to Jimmy.   I assume there will be much deeper insights as he is a professional who regularly deals with property development.

• Like 3

@DJIII, all he is going to tell you is that they are still working on the plans/development and nothing more (trust me). Your best bet is to email CM Withers ([email protected]). He should be able to connect you to HG Hill and may have additional insight considering he has probably been in a lot of the meetings. 

I think it’s pretty obvious that I really support this project. When this was first announced, I shared (and still do to an extent) many of the concerns that have been brought up about site layout, possible tenants,etc.  However, I believe the benefits this project (yes, even in its current form) will bring to the community far outweigh the negatives. This development has been rumored or off/on for over a decade now and to finally see some light at the end of the tunnel is exciting. I know my view is much different than others on here and it will likely be criticized, but I hope this passes the 3rd reading sooner than later.

• Like 1

@WebberThomas4 I agree it’s a good development. I am trying to do my part to make it better.  My goal is not to stop it, although if it had to be delayed a few months to get it redesigned I wouldn’t consider that a tragedy, considering how long it’s already been laying dormant and how many years we will have to live with the configuration after it is built.  I appreciate the suggestions, I will email Brett in an effort to get in contact with HG Hill. I appreciate your comments and different viewpoints. We get better when our assertions are challenged and not just accepted, so please keep pushing back on my stuff where you see fit! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1