smeagolsfree

East Nashville/Inglewood/Madison/Donelson/Hermitage/Old Hickory

Recommended Posts

I normally don't post, Post articles but since I was here I would go ahead. Crosland Southeast out of Charlotte is the buyer. This is the company that developed One Bellevue Place.

 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21022959/east-side-building-home-to-marche-sells-for-431m

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


I saw an article in the Post (which I don’t have access to) saying the Family Dollar building at Five Points has sold or is about to. Has anyone heard what might be going on there?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Edgefield D said:

I saw an article in the Post (which I don’t have access to) saying the Family Dollar building at Five Points has sold or is about to. Has anyone heard what might be going on there?

Not yet. I don't think we will know anything until the buyers have been identified along with their plans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Douglas Market Lofts (formerly 1300 Lischey, three 3 story buildings, 16 units, 4 retail spaces) update.  Half is topped out.

Looking NW from intersection of Douglas Ave. and Lischey Ave:

 

1300 Lischey, Sept 18, 2018, 1.png


Looking SW along Lischey Ave., 1/2 block north of Douglas Ave:

 

1300 Lischey, Sept 18, 2018, 3.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.) I’m not thrilled about the idea of a drive thru, and I’m sure the new restaurant and coffee shop across Gallatin aren’t either. That said, Cizar’s had a drive-thru in the proposed location and it was beloved by the community. 

2.) The dimensions of the Safeway site appear to be a lot different than that of this site. I think it is important to realize this is not a particularly deep site (only 355 ft in some spots) and the store front will be a lot closer to Gallatin than most realize.

 

Edited by WebberThomas4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, WebberThomas4 said:

1.) I’m not thrilled about the idea of a drive thru, and I’m sure the new restaurant and coffee shop across Gallatin aren’t either. That said, Cizar’s had a drive-thru in the proposed location and it was beloved by the community. 

2.) The dimensions of the Safeway site appear to be a lot different than that of this site. I think it is important to realize this is not a particularly deep site (only 355 ft in some spots) and the store front will be a lot closer to Gallatin than most realize.

 

I'm assuming a Chick-fil-a or Starbucks with a nice big sign. I hope I am wrong.  

Regardless of the depth, having the parking to the rear seems like a better answer. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2018 at 10:42 AM, Pdt2f said:

If the locals would let them get a good return on investment. Personally if I had the money for a substantial project I’d look elsewhere, considering the amount of crap that you have to go through to get anything done in EN. I know many of the nimbys have noble purposes but sometimes just daaaaamn. 

This pretty much sums up my feelings right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gracie said:

I'm assuming a Chick-fil-a or Starbucks with a nice big sign. I hope I am wrong.  

Regardless of the depth, having the parking to the rear seems like a better answer. 

 

That may seem like the answer to you but neighbors to the site have expressed opposite points of view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2018 at 10:53 AM, bwithers1 said:

Actually, I am one of the few non-STR-guests walking on Gallatin, so even the fact that I walk on Gallatin is considered an anomaly in East Nashville and is frequently remarked upon.

 

Gee, I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that most of the buildings are fronted with parking lots, drive-thru lanes, and pull-in curb cuts? :tw_glasses:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 300 townhome project by HND Realty and Bill Hawkins is being planned for 915 Robinson Rd. in Old Hickory.  Tentative name is Rayon City Homes.  Groundbreaking will be spring of 2019.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21023112/massive-townhome-project-slated-for-old-hickory

 

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 3.08.31 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 3.14.40 PM.png


This screenshot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the project in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 3.15.59 PM.png

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

It looks like a large parking lot -  with some housing included.

 

Well it is out in the middle of Bull Frog Egypt. Remember this is almost out of the county.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Paragon Group appears to be building twenty-one 238 sqft tiny homes at the corner of Riverside and Rosebank across from Riverside Grillshack (999 Riverside Drive). Does anyone have any more information on this? They have started applying for permits.  

12193D6B-C416-49A4-B9DF-21E2A4D9D0CD.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grilled_cheese said:

Old Hickory has some really cool housing stock.  Take a drive out there one day.

especially in the Lakewood area, the further you get towards the river off of OHB the cooler the houses get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

The Paragon Group appears to be building twenty-one 238 sqft tiny homes at the corner of Riverside and Rosebank across from Riverside Grillshack (999 Riverside Drive). Does anyone have any more information on this? They have started applying for permits.  

Wow. 238 sqft? That's amazing. I guess they're gonna airbnb them?

Ridiculously tiny size aside, this is the kind of density that could help jumpstart that intersection into another little neighborhood center. It's for sure going to make some people's heads explode on NextDoor.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.