Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

13 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

That can’t be right. It’s gotta be a typo or they’re going off error-ridden paperwork. No dilapidated house in Madison not 100 feet from multiple trailer parks is going for over 1,000,000 unless there’s like a gold mine directly under it. That’s maybe a $240,000 house. 

That being said, if that’s how much housing values have gone up in Madison the past year, I’m going to make a killing! ;) 

I checked the parcel viewer and the price is right. That makes absolutely no sense what-so-ever! This group owns none of the adjacent property and if they paid that amount for the rest of the land in the area, they had better put a lot of density on it which its not zoned for. It is zoned R8 which means one home on a 8000 sq. ft. lot and this lot is 7500 sq. ft., so they cant tear this house down and put four in its place.

5 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

The sales price you are seeing includes 9 other homes scattered throughout the city. 228 Warrior Rd (around the corner from this house) was also included in the deal. 

That makes much more sense. I was about to drive over there and start knocking on doors to see what the hell was going on haha

• Like 1

I wish they would move to Houston to understand there are places with no zoning to make them realize how good they have it. I will bet these are a lot of the  same folks that have moved into the area in the last 5 years.

They must not realize it helps with property value. There is nothing to save. A few trees and two buildings that are set back off the street with some vacant lots.

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Theees no new news here. Jimmy G is not saying anything.

It does sound like Sprouts is no longer the anchor tenant — which has not been reported, I believe. I’ve been to two of their locations in Middle Tennessee and wasn’t impressed. I have no inside information, but this has to mean Publix is back in play after a 10+ year delay. I doubt we’ll hear anything for sure until this passes 3rd reading and the leases are signed. Young’s Fashion (along with their giant blue pants) and Athlete’s Foot vacated their spaces over the last week. Their new building and warehouse is almost complete at 1411 Gallatin Avenue. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DJIII said:

There is some of that. Lack of realizing how the zoning is protecting them. But there was also a lot of community passion and not all of it misdirected. I was at the meeting and there were lots of good points brought up. Probably 75/25 Against but it mostly came from a genuine place of wanting to see the neighborhood improve and make sure it is not just a hit-n-run monstrosity.  

I am for the Riverside project as-is. I am in the minority, but I think the meeting probably swayed a good amount of people to either support it or be a lot more comfortable, as the developer’s reps gave a detailed presentation, answered dozens of questions & were very open to compromise.

Another key was the fact that was reiterated over and over that on part of the parcel cluster, there is a ‘by right’ to build high density 3-4 stories and if the community doesn’t work w the developer, it’s always a possibility that they tear down the plaza and build something like you see on Trinity. The developer is actually willing to down zone the frontage on mcGavock in exchange for an incremental up-zone on the rest of the multi-parcel cluster. I think it’s reasonable and I think a lot of the community realizes that the developer is asking for a very fair trade off and giving a lot of concessions. 

I’m sure a lot of the discussion was about saving Fond Object. Was that addressed?