Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

On 10/7/2018 at 12:39 PM, nashvillwill said:

Something I spotted on Stockell St. in McFerrin Park. I’m not quite sure what is going on here. The house has been totally demo’ed, foundation and all, minus one exterior wall. I’ve seen this before in other cities, but never in Nashville. I’m not up-and-up on building permits, but I’m guessing this qualifies as a “remodel” instead of “new construction”. I’m not sure what the advantage would be, in metro, to going that route. Anyone have any insight?

B2AD16A9-788C-4148-830D-8A32406B9B3E.thumb.jpeg.970386297026e1ddb599bf07dd0a22b0.jpeg8244BD72-C427-4438-8B38-C1704F345765.thumb.jpeg.46919354c714c3a37430a318c84a59ee.jpeg

Looking at the permit application, it seems like they were really planning on modifying the existing structure, maybe they got in the walls and found it was a lost cause https://www.nashville.gov/Codes-Administration/Construction-and-Permits/ePAV-for-Permits/Permits-View.aspx?name=06c06fe7-9e87-4bb7-85f4-b0b685b55f37_CA-Permits-20171101_11184284_1.pdf 

The Family Dollar Store site at Five Points (1,000 Woodland St., SE corner of Woodland and South 10th Street) has been purchased by Magnolia Capital for $2 million.  They plan on repurposing the building for other retail/restaurant concepts. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21026799/five-points-family-dollar-building-sells-for-2m

• Like 1

Used to have a friend who lived in Madison. I always thought there was something cool about Madison Square. Of course, it's very dated, but I think that's the thing I like. 

When it gets redone, I hope they do so in keeping with its retro style. I agree that the parking lot should be a nice green space. 

• Like 2

On 10/5/2018 at 12:23 PM, WebberThomas4 said:

There’s a for sale sign on the old Krispy Kreme (current wholesale meat market) at the corner of Greenwood and Gallatin - .9 acres. UrbanGrout has the listing but it has not been added to their website yet. 

https://www.urbangrout.com/property-listings?propertyId=233950-sale

And here is the listing. 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Sort of a cool looking 1950s building, but needs lots of love. More likely it gets demo'd though. So is the project at the HG Hill site (opposite corner) moving forward? Any other projects at that corner to densify the area?  And when did Gallatin become an "Avenue"?  

Here’s a picture of the same building in the 70’s, maybe?

The SP for the Hill Center Greenwood passed the third and final reading at council last night, so it appears to be moving forward (finally). It was reported on Monday that JP Morgan Chase is opening up their first Nashville branch within the development on the corner directly across from this building. 

91C54275-9BDD-4529-B82A-3BBA638E96C9.jpeg

Edited by WebberThomas4
  • Like 4

August Moon Indoor Drive-In Theater update.  Pigeon Forge has now taken precedent as the #1 site, but the developer claims that Nashville is still very much alive, and re-upped their letter of intent with the owner of the land at James Robertson Parkway and I-24 inner loop.  In this article there is a video imbedded with Michael Counts giving further background, and also showing what the exterior of the nylon dome might look like.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/10/17/unusual-attraction-updates-plans-for-nashville.html

August Moon Drive In, Oct. 17, 2018, render.png

August Moon Drive In render 1, Feb 2017.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site in tan at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2018-10-17 at 9.32.08 AM.png

• Like 3

Always thought that property would be better used as an interchange from I-24 & Ellington, but that'd require the dismal TDOT to do some advanced planning. And I haven't forgotten how some of you abhor the Interstate through there, but it's NOT going anywhere. A seamless connection to Ellington with an upgrade to a nice landscaped parkway (a'la I-440) would help alleviate N-S bound traffic at peak times. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Sorry... but your avatar is a bit blurry. And by some coincidence it has a passing resemblance to the photo of the mural of Flo that was posted under the Nashville Art thread a few days ago. Admittedly, the painting made Flo look very masculine. 

Yes.. awkward. 

On 9/26/2018 at 5:54 AM, markhollin said:

Gallatin Road near intersection with Elvira Ave:

Florence and the Machine, Gallatin Pike, Sept 21, 2018. xjpg.jpg

2 hours ago, billgregg55 said:

These name switches seem arbitrary now that Nashville has swallowed up the county, but they mark the old city-country divide. It's Gallatin Ave. up to Cahal because, I assume, Cahal Ave. marked the premetro city limit. Avenues and streets are names for city thoroughfares; pikes are country thoroughfares. All the major spokes radiating outward from Nashville have corresponding city-country names that change at or very near the old city limits:

• Hermitage Avenue/Lebanon Pike
• Lafayette Street/Murfreesboro Pike
• 8th Avenue/Franklin Pike
• 4th Avenue/Nolensville Pike
• 21st Avenue/Hillsboro Pike
• Charlotte Avenue/Charlotte Pike
• West End Avenue/Harding Pike
• 12th Avenue/Granny White Pike
• 1st Street/Dickerson Pike

I've lived here for 26 years and finally understand the logic behind these street name changes!  Thank you!

• Like 2

Funny thing...call me stupid...but I never called Nolensville Pike by that name.  For some reason, I always called it Nolensville Road...or just Nolensville...and I lived there for about a quarter century!  I think I do the same with Franklin Pike.  Always called it Franklin Rd.  

• Like 2