Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Living Waters Brewing (another craft brewery) is being planned as part of the new structure at 1056 East Trinity Lane, being built immediately to the east of the new Grimey's Records.  it will inhabit 3,000 sq. ft. of the building, and seat 60 people.  Early 2019 opening is planned. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21031638/trinity-lane-prepped-for-second-brewery

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 5:27 PM, Jamie Hall said:

Well dangit. I would've bet on a Starbucks and something like a Chipotle or Moe's locating in this complex. I was way off.

Not to worry . . .

My understanding is that there will be a Starbucks with a drive-through window at Sharpe/Gallatin as part of the Hill Center Greenwood project and there will also be a Starbucks outpost in the renovated Eastland Kroger.  I need to get over to check out Slow Hand.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, FatherLand said:

Separate and unrelated topic that's Gulch related but is sure to have an impact on us Eastsiders...but it looks like we won "2nd Place" in the Amazon running, we're getting 5,000 jobs in an East Coast hub in the Gulch...surely this is A) Bad for traffic and B) GREAT for our property values? 

I think everyone in the region’s home values will rise. A rising tide lifts all ships, and all that. 

• Like 2

You know I think I saw a sign there for Zoning or something a week or so ago. I see so much going on when I drive anymore I cant remember all I saw.

Is this in the lot next to Grimey's going toward Gallatin? If that is the lot, they had better get it rezoned as the current zoning does not allow for residential unless that is the sign I saw.

Randy's Record Shop building at 321 Main St. in Gallatin sold at auction for just $56,000 yesterday.

The Historic Randy's Records Shop Foundation has dreams of restoring the building, which has been deemed dangerous by the city after its roof caved in earlier this year. 

Its vision includes restoring the building into a shop with memorabilia and even records, and transforming the paved lot into a park. 

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/sumner/gallatin/2018/11/15/historic-randys-record-shop-building-sold-gallatin-future-unsure/2012863002/

• Like 2

On 11/9/2018 at 11:28 AM, bwithers1 said:

Russell Street in Edgefield, yes, but nothing in Lockeland Springs.  And Russell Street residents at the community meeting were sharply divided on the question.

Speaking of Russell St.....here's a pic of the 800 block:

tBP4wYI2oS1g-bZDB9vEQmVEx0xbcHUENIC6pkvn

This is one of three spots on this block that are coned off and by the time I came back around it had grown to five.  These houses also have alley access off street parking.  smh

Edited by grilled_cheese

1 hour ago, grilled_cheese said:

This is one of three spots on this block that are coned off and by the time I came back around it had grown to five.  These houses also have alley access off street parking.  smh

The homeowners are putting those in front of their house? Can they even legally do that?

I don't think they can out cones in front of their homes. It would take Metro putting no parking signs up or resident parking. Someone is liable to get their ass kicked if they pick on the wrong driver or worse, get shot. Someone is just asking for trouble. Bret needs to see this, because it will only escalate into something bad. They do not own the street or the Sidewalk and Ii don't they can legally block it with out a permit of some sort.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I don't think they can out cones in front of their homes. It would take Metro putting no parking signs up or resident parking. Someone is liable to get their ass kicked if they pick on the wrong driver or worse, get shot. Someone is just asking for trouble. Bret needs to see this, because it will only escalate into something bad. They do not own the street or the Sidewalk and Ii don't they can legally block it with out a permit of some sort.

I'm always tempted to throw the cones in the yards or gutter when I see them.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2018 at 8:00 AM, grilled_cheese said:

This makes me want to find a reason to visit the neighborhood and park my big F-150 right between those orange cones -- just to be contrary.

• Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

This makes me want to find a reason to visit the neighborhood and park my big F-150 right between those orange cones -- just to be contrary.

Maybe I’ll permanently reposition my van from the river to right in front of that dudes house...

C6E0A356-DA0C-43E4-83B6-17C21D4059F0.png

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Regarding the cones - my neighbor uses them and they are not legal. I've seen the police "in discussions" with them in the past. Few move them, and it is not a pleasant experience for those who do.

Ah yes, the infamous 12south parking cones migrated north to east nashville.  What does he do, threaten to take pictures of people who move them?  I had some soft af 12south transplant try to stare me down when I parked in his cones one time.  And of course he didn't say shi t.

Edited by grilled_cheese
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Boscobil I of Envision Cayce (three 4 story buildings, 96 units) update.

Looking west from South 6th St., 1/2 block south of Summer Place:

Envision Cayce, Phase 3, Nov 18, 2018, 1.jpg

Looking south along South 6th St., 1/2 block south of Summer Place:

Envision Cayce, Phase 3, Nov 18, 2018, 2.jpg

Looking NW from South 6th St., at intersection with Lenore St:

Envision Cayce, Phase 3, Nov 18, 2018, 3.jpg

Boscobil II of Envision Cayce (2 and 5 story buildings, 200 units?) update. Excavation and core drilling underway.

Looking north from intersection of South 6th St. and Lenore St:

Envision Cayce, Phase 3, Nov 18, 2018, 4.jpg

Looking east from intersection of South 6th St. and Lenore St:

Envision Cayce, Phase 3, Nov 18, 2018, 5.jpg

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, grilled_cheese said:

Ah yes, the infamous 12south parking cones migrated north to east nashville.  What does he do, threaten to take pictures of people who move them?  I had some soft af 12south transplant try to stare me down when I parked in his cones one time.  And of course he didn't say shi t.

They take no prisoners. Yes, they take pictures, they threaten to call the police. Most just move on, the local restaurant workers will go toe to toe with them. It is rare though, most just don't even try to park there. To their credit, they've slowly condensed the amount of space they take, from the whole of the front of the house to just the space for 2 cars to maneuver. .

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1