Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

I saw this on Development Tracker yesterday and figured the iFly project was about to get the go ahead. They are going to try and be open in about a year from now at 100 Spring st. 

This is at the corner or Spring and Jefferson across from Top Golf.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/11/30/nashville-skydiving-attraction-to-feature-next.html

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WebberThomas4 said:

https://images2.loopnet.com/d2/ypeRPMgPPpJ2NhikCScHd-0-ZoPUFfYwRnr-8ESW1Dg/document.pdf

A rendering of what could happen to the former Krispy Kreme at the corner of Greenwood and Gallatin. This property was previously listed for sale by Urban Grout, but now Southeastern Venture has the lease listing. It’s unclear if the property changed hands or not.

Wow! Kind of a retro aesthetic...I don't "love" it but I would LOVE to see it upgraded as shown, great news and hope it moves forward

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

Samples of all the new homes going in along Electric Ave. in East Nashville, just north of Shelby Park:

Electric Ave Homes, East Nashville, Nov 18, 2018, 1.jpg

Electric Ave Homes, East Nashville, Nov 18, 2018, 2..jpg

I lived on Electric Avenue at a young age for a few months when we moved back from Alabama. We rented the two story log cabin which was beautiful inside. It was torn down a few years ago for some tall skinny crap. 

2 hours ago, PHofKS said:

I lived on Electric Avenue at a young age for a few months when we moved back from Alabama. We rented the two story log cabin which was beautiful inside. It was torn down a few years ago for some tall skinny crap. 

Some day someone will say that their tall-skinny was torn down for whatever thing comes in the future. Maybe log cabins will come back, you know, since fads and fashions are cyclical.

• Like 3

On 12/9/2018 at 2:44 PM, Philip said:

Some day someone will say that their tall-skinny was torn down for whatever thing comes in the future. Maybe log cabins will come back, you know, since fads and fashions are cyclical.

Point taken, but I doubt it. The construction quality, or relative lack of, of so much of the new crap practically guarantees their fairly quick passing into time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nashville Cliff said:

Point taken, but I doubt it. The construction quality, or relative lack of, of so much of the new crap practically guarantees their fairly quick passing into time.

I hope you're right! But I don't think there's any accountability for peoples' aesthetic tastes. I don't really know about the construction quality; I guess they'll stand until they're torn down during the next huge boom.

Plans to redevelop Fond Object Records in East Nashville's Riverside Village into a vintage motorcycle shop and a wood-fired pizza restaurant have been withdrawn, following community opposition. 

Corner Partnership pulled back its request – up for Metro Planning Commission consideration this week – to redevelop the record shop and several other stores at the corner of McGavock Pike and Riverside Drive. 

The developer had also planned to build 33 apartments in six buildings behind the short, street-facing retail strip anchored by the record shop.

The intension was to keep the commercial buildings in place with some upgrades and new tenants – including replacing Fond Object with Moto Moda, the pizza and motorcycle business envisioned by the owners of Barista Parlor. 

The record shop, which had another downtown location, could have moved into a smaller, less expensive storefront in the strip. 

But the petition rejected the development entirely, arguing it would "cut down a bunch of mature trees, build a massive apartment complex with six 2 & 3 story buildings ... and replace our beloved Fond Object. The special character and feel of our neighborhood should be protected from this kind of large scale, intrusive development."

The negative community response prompted Corner Partnership to cancel the plans, and revert to the site's existing zoning rules that don't require Planning Commission approval. 

Those allow for a 4-story mixed-use building on the corner, in place of the one-story retail strip. The fourth story, however, must be set back to appear less imposing.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2018/12/12/east-nashville-development-replace-beloved-fond-object-records/2281713002/

• Like 1