Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

22 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

- The owner of the recently sold warehouse at 747 Douglas Ave is Vintage South (Douglas Village, LLC). Vintage South (developer of Stocking 51 in the Nations)  is planning something called Highland Yards for this site https://vintagesouthdevelopment.com/commercial/

Looks like a good reuse. I hope the city has them pay to add a light at the Ellington off ramp. Already difficult to turn east onto Douglas.

• Like 2

Some more info on the Highland yards development:  Originally Vaughn Manufacturing' plant dating back to the 1920’s at 747 Douglas Avenue, it will bring 39,000 SF of creative office and retail to the development located in the heart of The Highland Heights neighborhood of East Nashville. The original structures, along with floors, brick, and window frames have remained as the space has been meticulously restored to its original state.

Highland Yards, Feb 21, 2019, render .jpg

This screen shot from Google Maps shows the triangular lot at the NW corner of the interchange of Ellington Expressway and Douglas Ave.  Listed as Vaughn Manufacturing:

Highland Yards, Feb 21, 2019, site map.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thin on details. 

130 acres across Briley Pkwy from Opryland

Ultimately 1.5 million s.f. of office and a data center

Grocey store on 15 acres south of McGavock Pike; rest on North side

210K s.f. of retail and restaurant

Start on 300 apartments this fall

Grisham & Smith and Catalyst Design

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was over near opryland yesterday and saw the sign from Lincoln  Development and thought to myself that this would be a great place for a massive development. Curious how something like this would blend with the single-family residences that are across Pennington. I am assuming this is the parcel that the article is talking about (I dont have access either)

Here is a clip from the parcel viewer. This is the north side of McGavock Pike

image.thumb.png.564ea0816ee50084157868330f91ae16.png

This would be the parcel they are talking about for the grocery store I believe

image.png.d9af93df8b2d25ab160772f280c11b6e.png

• Like 4

Oakwood Flats (numerous 3 story buildings, 270 units) update.  Retaining and foundational walls being placed on the hilly site.

Looking SE from entrance area off of Oakwood Ave., near intersection with Paulawood Dr:

Oakwood Flats, Feb 8, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking NE from entrance area off of Oakwood Ave., near intersection with Paulawood Dr:

Oakwood Flats, Feb 8, 2019, 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Craiger said:

Is there going to be another exit off of Bailey to support that new development? That’s a lot of new traffic for McGavock especially with the turn off of McGavock being so close to the Briley exit. 

The interchange itself should be fine; it surely isn't anywhere near capacity, especially on that side of Briley.

I would be more concerned about traffic from northbound Briley entering McGavock from the right then having to merge over to get into the left-turn lane for this development. They have a pseudo protected phase in the SPUI but they won't wait to take advantage of it.

The entrance to this development (assuming it is supposed to go at the existing intersection stub-out across from the Two Rivers Baptist Church side entrance) is way too close to the signal at Pennington Bend Road as well. Not lining up this signal with Pennington Bend was/is a major miss in the SPUI design (although I'm sure it was done this way for a reason, maybe it was too close to the old church building).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PruneTracy said:

The interchange itself should be fine; it surely isn't anywhere near capacity, especially on that side of Briley.

I would be more concerned about traffic from northbound Briley entering McGavock from the right then having to merge over to get into the left-turn lane for this development. They have a pseudo protected phase in the SPUI but they won't wait to take advantage of it.

The entrance to this development (assuming it is supposed to go at the existing intersection stub-out across from the Two Rivers Baptist Church side entrance) is way too close to the signal at Pennington Bend Road as well. Not lining up this signal with Pennington Bend was/is a major miss in the SPUI design (although I'm sure it was done this way for a reason, maybe it was too close to the old church building).

Yeah sorry I wasn't clear. It was that exit and then quick left turn that I see as the main problem. I think that could be solved with another exit on the north end of the development. Maybe that's not enough of a reason to build a whole new interchange though.

I'm of course not a traffic engineer.

1 hour ago, grilled_cheese said:

I'm about 98% sure we had gig there for some sort of LAN gaming night quite a few years ago. I was hesitant on taking the gig but it ended up being loads of fun, and the cosplay game of the crowd was next level. The place is an eyesore, but my one time there was a good one.

• Like 1

There was a murder this morning in a homeless camp near 1st Avenue and Oldham Street. https://fox17.com/news/local/deadly-shooting-at-east-nashville-homeless-camp

Police have searched for the suspect at a couple scenes, including a tent under the Woodland Street Bridge. They also responded to the Stadium Inn where he was reportedly spotted.”