Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Give me a few intersections or corridors. 

How about Clark Street from North Avenue to Grace Street, Clark and Bryn Mawr, Lincoln Park (Lincoln Ave from North Ave to Diversey, Halsted from North Ave to Diversey, Armitage Ave from Lincoln Ave to Racine), Lincoln Square (Lincoln Ave from Montrose to Lawrence), East Lakeview (Broadway from Clark Street to Grace Street), Uptown (Broadway from Montrose to Argyle), Wicker Park (Milwaukee Ave from Division to at least North Ave), Logan Square (Milwaukee from Fullerton to Belmont), West Town - Ukrainian Village (Chicago Ave from Ashland to Western), Southport Ave from Fullerton to Addison.  These are just a few areas outside of downtown.  All of these are on the North Side, but the South Side and West Sides have areas like this as well.

• Like 1

How about Clark Street from North Avenue to Grace Street, Clark and Bryn Mawr, Lincoln Park (Lincoln Ave from North Ave to Diversey, Halsted from North Ave to Diversey, Armitage Ave from Lincoln Ave to Racine), Lincoln Square (Lincoln Ave from Montrose to Lawrence), East Lakeview (Broadway from Clark Street to Grace Street), Uptown (Broadway from Montrose to Argyle), Wicker Park (Milwaukee Ave from Division to at least North Ave), Logan Square (Milwaukee from Fullerton to Belmont), West Town - Ukrainian Village (Chicago Ave from Ashland to Western), Southport Ave from Fullerton to Addison.  These are just a few areas outside of downtown.  All of these are on the North Side, but the South Side and West Sides have areas like this as well.

And that's just scratching the surface!  (though I'm guessing six times the density is being a little too generous)  :)  It looks like you are pretty well versed in Chicago geography though!  How often do you get up here?

Edited by BnaBreaker

I've got a few things to do today, but I'll do a little research this evening.

Would anyone care to estimate if/when the businesses between Broadmoor/Gallatin and Joyce/Gallatin will turn over into something more useful?  A bank that I'm not affiliated with is nice, I guess. And there is no need for two Vets and Discount Tobacco/Beer stores within a 100 yard radius of each other.  That tired old Salon/Tanning and ghetto computer store need to go.

Ok....there are a crazy number of Census tracts included. The way it is set up, I might as well just catalog the whole area. Most of the tracts are divided by major roads, so I'll just do the entire northside.

Suffice to say, it's probably going to be about 30-35,000 per square mile. Compare that to East Nashville, where most of the area is 3,000-5,000 per square mile.

Would anyone care to estimate if/when the businesses between Broadmoor/Gallatin and Joyce/Gallatin will turn over into something more useful?  A bank that I'm not affiliated with is nice, I guess. And there is no need for two Vets and Discount Tobacco/Beer stores within a 100 yard radius of each other.  That tired old Salon/Tanning and ghetto computer store need to go.

Not in my lifetime unless we have a serious boom. We have a lot of areas in town that will transition over the next 20 years. It has taken almost 20 years for parts of E Nashville already.

I hope I am surprised and proved wrong.

Keep in mind that that upper part of Gallatin in Inglewood has always been a surban-type area and quite a few neighbors up there want to keep it that way.  Don't be bringing any of that crazy talk about banning street-fronting parking lots:  that might stop another Sonic from going in!

But that upper stretch of Gallatin from Riverwood Drive up was a major target for branch banks a little while back.  In addition to the US Bank at Broadmoor and the Regions at the Briley Parkway Home Depot outparcel, there was going to be a 5th/3rd Bank somewhere and another one (I can't remember) on another parcel. 

The US Bank outgrew the little bank branch where they were located at maybe Ardee or Norvel and demolished an historic home at Broadmoor to put that bank branch there.  At least the US Bank branch is LEED certified and fit the Gallatin Road UDO design guidelines so that the parking lot is in the rear.

The Regions bank branch at Joyce Lane is indeed yawn inducing.

One of the branch bank location proposals was across the street from those at Haysboro, the other was going to go at Riverwood.  The Riverwood site is about to be redeveloped.  Don't get too excited.

Gallatin Road is also set to get a Zaxby's closer to Trinity.  Ugh!

I don't know exactly where, but I was told that by the council member for that district.  But it should come up on the building permits list at some point.  Add it to the McDonalds, KFC, Taco Bell, and Wendy's and Popeye's right around there.  Double yawn.  But at least that strip immediately south of Trinity with Logue's, Mikey's Tavern and Hop Stop has some cool local businesses.

With the literally THOUSANDS of businesses in East Nashville to lament over I would be over the moon to get a Zaxbys within reasonable distance. Not everything can be a walkable, organic, hormone-free, privately-owned, free-trade, hemp necklace factory. I'll take Zaxbys as an upgrade over a pawn shop or check cashing store anyway. 

Edited by RandomHero
  • Like 3

Unfortunately, Zaxby's will not be replacing any pawn shops, Hair Worlds or check cashing places.  It will just be sitting in amongst them.  So it's not like they are coming in to save the day and "improve" the neighborhood.

I don't have a problem with chains coming in to East Nashville (or anywhere, for that matter) as long as they play by the rules and Planning/Council Members do not grant them variances to setbacks or design guidelines that everybody else has to live with. 

With the literally THOUSANDS of businesses in East Nashville to lament over I would be over the moon to get a Zaxbys within reasonable distance. Not everything can be a walkable, organic, hormone-free, privately-owned, free-trade, hemp necklace factory. I'll take Zaxbys as an upgrade over a pawn shop or check cashing store anyway. 

Edited by bwithers1

Pepperfire will bury Zaxby's.

Never have been a Pepperfire fan, I would be perfectly okay with Pepperfire leaving and the burger joint that was in that same building when I was a kid coming back (can't remember the name of it at all)...

I actually prefer a dry rub like Bolton's style but Pepperfire is good for wet...oh and let's give credit where credit is due, Ghot Wings are the best wings in Nashville. They just moved in the space where Eastside Fish formerly was located.

BTW, went to Mitchell's Deli Sunday and Riverside Village was rockin and busy. The new sidewalks look good. It reminded me of 12th South back in the day... 

Edited by TnNative
  • Like 1

My chain of command when it comes to hot chicken is as follows:

• Hattie B's
  • Bolton's
  • Princes's
  • Pepperfire
  • 400 Degrees

I feel like I am pretty well versed on the subject, we would skip school when I went to Stratford and go to Princes's..Miss Andre would always yell at us because she knew we should be in school, haha.

Damn, and I just remembered the name of the burger joint that used to be in that building Pepperfire is in, BEEFYS!

That place was so good and I'd love to have it back

Not exciting but there looks to be interior renovation going on at the old bread store at Solley and Gallatin.

This is at the end of the street that I grew up on, my dad actually looked into moving his scooter shop to this building...the rent they were seeking was incredibly high for a building that size and the location

• Like 1