Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

I'm having horrible nightmares about the Panera/Panda Express building at 100 Oaks popping up on Riverwood Drive.  At least whatever gets built on that site will have to meet the Gallatin Road UDO design guidelines.

Well, would you rather it be like the Taco Bell on Powell? :lol:

There are rumors floating around about the old bowling alley property in Inglewood, mostly along the lines of a mixed use property....anyone heard anything?
Ill start the collection plate to do away with the Deals and Family Dollar in front...

There are rumors floating around about the old bowling alley property in Inglewood, mostly along the lines of a mixed use property....anyone heard anything?

Ill start the collection plate to do away with the Deals and Family Dollar in front...

Yes.  This will be a March Edgerton mixed-use development.  Think Walden, but in Inglewood instead of Eastwood.

• Like 1

Brett, can you give me the location on this project?

The old KFC on Gallatin at 3000 GALLATIN PIKE will be renovated as the Cook Out Restaurant. That was in the building permits from Friday.

YES!

Although it's yet another fast food joint...Cook Out is damn good!

Cheerwine floats!

If this is the same Cook Out chain that operates in the Carolinas and East TN, East Nashville is in for a treat. It's kind of like an East Coast In-N-Out.

It is, they recently opened a location in the 'Boro and I had heard they were looking to open Nashville locations.

The address for the old bowling alley site is: 3448 Baxter St

Apparently Ann Smith Florist has moved from their current location at Gallatin/Kirkland just north of the railroad overpass to the Colonial Bakery bread store building at Gallatin/Solley.  It seems that the owner of Ann Smith Florist sold his property to the same person who owns the strip center next door, where Sinkers Liquors/Little Caesar's Pizza is located.  So the the flower shop building may be redeveloped.  Not sure about what would be going in there as an adaptive reuse.  But if a tear-down happens, the new structure must conform to the Gallatin Road UDO design guidelines.

Edited by bwithers1

It is, they recently opened a location in the 'Boro and I had heard they were looking to open Nashville locations.

The address for the old bowling alley site is: 3448 Baxter St

The old 24 lane Brunswick Inglewood Lanes. I remember that place. Closed almost 20 years ago as I recall. When I moved to the East Side,  I had a heck of a time trying to find it. Roof looks pretty bad. I am surprised it is still standing at all.

The old 24 lane Brunswick Inglewood Lanes. I remember that place. Closed almost 20 years ago as I recall. When I moved to the East Side, I had a heck of a time trying to find it. Roof looks pretty bad. I am surprised it is still standing at all.

Yup, we went there a ton when I was a kid, I had always held out hope that someone would open it back up. You'd have to think something like that would do really well now that east nashville is doing better these days.

1009 Gallatin Road looks like it's about ready to open...the permit I found online was just a general purpose rehab, didn't mention who's moving in...so far looks alot better than the old 12 Gauge Audio that was there previously at least!

Yeah, the Bakers haven't told me yet who is going in there.  But they own that building, too.  That's right behind my house.  I sure don't miss the sonic booms that used to come out of the car stereos installed by the aptly-named 12Gauge Audio.

In other good Gallatin Ave news, the East Nashville Community Darkroom (photo finishing laboratory) signed a lease in the H.G. Hill property between Sharpe and Greenwood.  I'm pretty sure that they signed the lease for the space where the check-cashing/title-loan place used to be next to Camille's Market.  Who says we don't have cool things replacing check cashing stores?

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 2

The building that was to house Kens Sushi is going to be a seafood and Thai restaurant. May give Thai Phoo Ket a run for their money.

I think that someone on this board gave a bad review to the sushi restaurant that will now go where Ken's was going to go.  Koi Thai Sushi or something?  I think that the other location is next to Melrose Pub on 8th Ave South.  I do hear good things about Thai Phoo Ket at Eastland/Gallatin. I'm glad that there is something good in that building!

I think that someone on this board gave a bad review to the sushi restaurant that will now go where Ken's was going to go.  Koi Thai Sushi or something?  I think that the other location is next to Melrose Pub on 8th Ave South.  I do hear good things about Thai Phoo Ket at Eastland/Gallatin. I'm glad that there is something good in that building!

I ate at the Melrose location at least twice about 2 years ago and liked it quite a bit.  I was pretty excited about Ken's coming over here, but can't honestly complain considering Koi, Batter'd and Fried, and Watanabe all have great food overall, and more than passable sushi.  

I tried Thai Phooket earlier this week for the first time after reading about it and seeing the parking lot packed for lunch every time I drive by.  It was pretty good and I definitely plan to return.  

Does anyone have the specifics on the old house on the corner of Forrest and 14th?  I think it was a home for blind girls for most of last century.  Looks like a pretty large addition was made to the rear.  What's the plan?  Condos?  If so, how many?  

Also, I have eaten at Pizzereal a few times, with mixed results.  I never see anybody there - what's the deal?  How do they stay in business?  

I think that someone on this board gave a bad review to the sushi restaurant that will now go where Ken's was going to go. 

This was probably me.  I had a pretty bad experience there several years ago.  It was pretty disastrous as far as service goes, and I thought the food was not great.   

Does anyone have the specifics on the old house on the corner of Forrest and 14th?  I think it was a home for blind girls for most of last century.  Looks like a pretty large addition was made to the rear.  What's the plan?  Condos?  If so, how many?  

Also, I have eaten at Pizzereal a few times, with mixed results.  I never see anybody there - what's the deal?  How do they stay in business?  

The house at 14th/Forrest is the old Blind Girls School and you are correct that it is being converted into condos.  It had been an apartment building for a long time (and was never a single-family home), so the condo use is not a radical change for that building.  I can't recall the number of units.  MHZC approved the rear porch demolition since it was not original to the house.

Everyone wonders how Pizzarreal stays in business. 

I ate at the Melrose location at least twice about 2 years ago and liked it quite a bit.  I was pretty excited about Ken's coming over here, but can't honestly complain considering Koi, Batter'd and Fried, and Watanabe all have great food overall, and more than passable sushi.  

I tried Thai Phooket earlier this week for the first time after reading about it and seeing the parking lot packed for lunch every time I drive by.  It was pretty good and I definitely plan to return.  

Yep. The tzatziki pork appetizer is great, but the pizza is inconsistent and pretty expensive (last time I went, it's been awhile). I would think 5 Points Pizza has also taken some business away. There was a start up record label that signed the Lumineers in an office on the top floor (they recently moved to a location on Meridian Street). So maybe the office space and the fact they "got in early" might have helped out. It's a great location with beautiful views from atop the little hill. You have to wonder how the new tax assessment that is just starting to kick in will affect it and other businesses.

Edited by TnNative

The property assessor came by today and took pictures and measurements of my house.  I'm a n00b homeowner so how much will this effect me?

I walked to the Inglewood Market today to get some stuff to grill out tomorrow and watched as two # 56s passed by right behind each other.  SMH

I've only heard horror stories about PIzzareal in terms of service and food.  Never been and have no desire to with 5 Points Pizza around, they're so good.

Drove by the old bowling alley that was being talked about.  Will that be demo'd or rehabbed?  It looks to be in bad shape.