Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Is that really a very old structure. It appears to have construction like a 1970s mock colonial, especially with the height off the ground and front porch smallish in proportion to the width of the main central section of the house. Ground floor windows look sort of smaller/shorter than houses before the 1950s. Now, I'm aware that there was a colonial revival of homes in the 1930s. Does this structure date before that?

Edited by MLBrumby

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Is that really a very old structure. It appears to have construction like a 1970s mock colonial, especially with the height off the ground and front porch smallish in proportion to the width of the main central section of the house. Now, I'm aware that there was a colonial revival of homes in the 1930s. Does this structure date before that?

I think it is from the 1980s

edit:

According to Zillow, it was built in 1987.

723A772D-7769-49E3-A311-C70AF45C14B6.jpeg

Edited by donNdonelson2
Updated information and photo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Depends on what you want. Many times you have to request the information from one of the various departments at Metro such as Planning, MDHA, Planning, or whoever. You have to check to see what document was filed in order to see who to contact to get the information.

Sometimes the information is buried in documents and you  have to dig, dig, dig to find what you are looking for.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

But even then all of the plans are not on there, trust me. 
Agree. Sometimes you can look in the epermits system to find information that is not in the development system. Nashville is all over the place with its information.. 05ccfc06d415e8c0dde6ce8688076486.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bristol is one that may be on file with Metro. We have been asking Bristol for renderings but they are not ready to release. I have found the site plans at one time and I think there are two buildings involved.

Now, again with Metro sometimes when the final SP is applied for there are usually renderings available and the only way to get those is to request them from Metro. There are a lot of Docs that are public that you have to request to see.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DJIII said:

Yes, Riverside Village.  The main parcel at the corner.  But more importantly, I want to be able to search on my own for future projects.  Thanks!

Saw they're fenced off now. Demolition must be coming soon...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

Which parcel at the corner?  The building that used to house Fond Object and other businesses or that adjacent property that used to be some type of thrift store.  Haven't seen that one even open for several years, surprised it's just sitting there.

Looks like all of it.

14 hours ago, DJIII said:

3 parcels in riverside village, Bailey & Cato, Fond Object Building & the parcel behind Fond Object that has an old house that hosted FO’s backyard concerts. ... all have approved Demolition permits. 

Big shout out to all our transplant neighbors who made this possible!!!!!

Sad to see Fond Object go. But I'm excited to see riverside village evolving into a really cool neighborhood center.

Speaking of neighborhood centers, whatever happened to all the future phases of the Walden development (Jeni's, Two Ten Jack, etc.)? I was looking forward to seeing that getting built out, but it's been years now. Has Egerton ever said anything about why he hasn't moved forward on it? Is he going to leave that gravel parking lot there forever?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So does anyone know if the new development at Riverside Village will even have a commercial/retail component? I would hate it if it was only residential. Going to miss the Fond Object building (and also the affordable/kid friendly shows they had in the back area) although not the rest of the brick o block structures.  I was all for the proposed development that was shot down by the NIMBY's without a cause. 

Edited by TnNative
  • Like 2

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21062901/five-pointsarea-site-sells-for-33m

Oldacre McDonald purchases five points lot once eyed for mixed use. This will be interesting to watch because they mainly deal with national chains - https://www.oldacremcdonald.com/netlease.html.

• Sad 1