Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

A 5 story, 172 room hotel proposed to be built on Providence Parkway behind the Goodwill store on the south side of Mt. Juliet. The hotel would be a blend of two brands — the Hilton Garden Inn and Tru Hotel by Hilton. More than 4,000 square feet of meeting space are planned and the proposed hotel will offer shuttle service to Nashville International Airport.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2019/05/07/nashville-airport-growth-bna-brings-hotel-plan-mt-juliet/1121430001/

• Like 3

On 5/3/2019 at 8:50 AM, MLBrumby said:

I'm considering buying some property in Hermitage/Donelson for rental purposes and came across this in the MLS. Address is 3647 Central Pike, near the Medical Center. I'm really looking for a single family dwelling, but tried to find out more about this. It's not the best looking, but not ugly either. Most importanly it will bring density to a major commercial corridor. Looks like around 17 units which are 'preselling' now. Anyone have status on this? Didn't see this on the Development Map.  

1?signature=jnKQJJtHaBwfuOpsGPYRRoh4XRdTQ48cceCTsk0aek2!X&highRes=True

Property being cleared of trees now. This is directly across the street from Metro Police Hermitage Precinct and near the Hermitage Park, Branch Library And Community Center. 

9C3ED84A-157F-4408-B06C-E0C830861D37.jpeg

F7233F4E-98CE-4F79-9BA8-BC9C32736742.png

• Like 2

On 5/9/2019 at 11:47 PM, thenorthchannel said:

Wow.  Didn't realize that location was across from police station.   These properties are being promoted as Airbnb's in multiple FB Groups.  

I don’t see any drawback to having the police precinct across the street. (It’s not a jail-the bad guys are hauled downtown.) The building also is home to a branch of the county clerk’s office and community meeting rooms.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 11:47 PM, thenorthchannel said:

Wow.  Didn't realize that location was across from police station.   These properties are being promoted as Airbnb's in multiple FB Groups.  

I live in the greater Hermitage area, and I do not see how these would be financially viable Airbnb’s. There’s just nothing interesting around for visitors. If the train ran on the weekends, I could see Donelson / Hermitage becoming a tourist haven, but until then we are just too far from the action. I’m fine with that.

1 hour ago, Craiger said:

I live in the greater Hermitage area, and I do not see how these would be financially viable Airbnb’s. There’s just nothing interesting around for visitors. If the train ran on the weekends, I could see Donelson / Hermitage becoming a tourist haven, but until then we are just too far from the action. I’m fine with that.

It is not only tourists who use Airbnb. Business travelers and others who have no need to be near the city hot spots need places to sleep, too. And the lower cost of a night in a remote location might even attract some tourists, especially those who will have a car to get around town anyway. I have friends with an Airbnb in Donelson and it stays very well booked up!

• Thanks 1

The land, formerly home to Steve Wilson Plumbing Co, at 1527 Riverside Drive has sold for $730,000. The buyer is Riverside East Development, LLC and appears to be associated with Central Builders. They started pulling some water availability permits a few weeks ago.

Somewhat related note, the old church at 1600 Riverside Drive seems to be getting close to starting construction. The former tenants moved out a few weeks ago and they are close to getting their permits issued — around $3.5 Million for the addition to the main church. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Adam Vollrath said:

Where'd u hear this? I don't see this in the permit tracker website. Maybe that means they're still working on it.

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3667161?page=2&searchText=827 Meridian St&searchCode=ADDR&searchType=permit&orderBy=fullAddress ASC,permitNumber ASC

They are in the very early stages of the permit application process. 

Colts Chocolates is moving from their home in the Gulch to the former Piggly Wiggly store at 3611 Gallatin Pike in the Inglwood neighborhood.  Clots plans on hiring a couple more employees (growing to 15) in this manufacturing site. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21069051/colts-chocolates-to-leave-gulch-for-inglewood

3611 Gallatin Pike, Colts Chocolate, May 16, 2019, site map 1.png

3611 Gallatin Pike, Colts Chocolate, May 16, 2019, site map 2.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hill Center Greenwood update.  Fencing up around lots on east and west sides of Gallatin Ave. Some excavation on the western lot.

Looking NE from Gallatin Ave., from intersection with Sharpe Ave:

Hill Center Greenwood, May 3, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking south from intersection of Gallatin Ave. and West Greenwood Ave:

Hill Center Greenwood, May 3, 2019, 2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

So I got a notice that apparently one of my neighbors (near 5 points) is applying to construct a single family house without building sidewalks or paying into the sidewalk fund (124 S 12th St, permit #20190018835).

I think that there is already a sidewalk.  How does this work?  Are they supposed to build a new one?

Edited by 37206dude
  • Like 1

The renovation of Belair Mansion in Donelson is almost complete. More information and photos have been posted in the "Repurposed/revitalized historic buildings” page of Urban Planet Nashville.

http://www.tnledger.com/editorial/Article.aspx?id=109475&fbclid=IwAR2H-4fbn2xIdzJorbpFw1e3Y6Bj_oO5dMlkzf8me91NKBxwww3Xnd-NJQQ

50905788_955958644606608_5711119769856376832_n.jpg

Edited by donNdonelson2
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boscobil, Phase I, Envision Cayce (4 stories, 96 units) update.  2 southern buildings topped out. Northern building up to 2nd floor.

Looking NW from intersection of 6th At. South and Lenore St:

Boscobil I, May 12, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking SE from parking lot to the east of Barrett Manor Apts:

Boscobil I, May 12, 2019, 3.jpg

Looking west from South 6th Street, 1/2 block north of Lenore St:

Boscobil I, May 12, 2019, 4.jpg

Looking SW from South 6th Street, 1/2 block north of Lenore St:

Boscobil I, May 12, 2019, 5.jpg

Looking east from South 5th St., 1/2 block north of Crutcher St:

Boscobil I, May 12, 2019, 12jpg.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2