Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

13 hours ago, nashvillwill said:

They were in the Marathon Motorworks building, before the gulch. That was back before that building had become the trendy spot it is. It was a dump and I loved it. 

Ha, yeah it had a certain grit to it.     Like the beer garden "courtyard" where you had to watch for falling bricks from the walls above.    A little tight in that tiny taproom, but I loved it, too!    

• Like 1

Christian Paro, who last month purchased the Art & Invention Gallery at 1106 Woodland Ave., is looking to update the structure to house creative businesses. He will go before MDHA Design Review Committee on Tuesday, July 16, to seek concept plan approval. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21078211/five-points-arts-warehouse-eyed-for-update

Art & Invention Gallery, East Nashville, July 15, 2019, render.png

Art & Invention Gallery, East Nashville, July 15, 2019, site.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Markham East, a 101 unit townhome (a mix of two- and three-story structures),  with a 3,000 sq. ft. commercial building is set to start in October at 2481 Lebanon Pike near the Donelson Music City Star commuter station.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21078239/october-start-eyed-for-donelson-project

1223678906_MarkhamEastDonelsonJuly162019render.png.03aaab63ce9fbaa2bb5a9d36fb1c7092.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, markhollin said:

Markham East, a 101 unit townhome (a mix of two- and three-story structures),  with a 3,000 sq. ft. commercial building is set to start in October at 2481 Lebanon Pike near the Donelson Music City Star commuter station.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/residential-real-estate/article/21078239/october-start-eyed-for-donelson-project

I think the address got transposed at some point. 2841 Lebanon seems to be the correct location. 

Does anyone know if this includes the seemingly abandoned convenience store / gas station next to this address? 

image.thumb.png.36c362c2262e6f6ee45cc9eade739f0a.png

• Like 1

Here is the response from Councilman Syracuse:

“Unfortunately, no it doesn't include the abandoned gas station but I know the two property owners are discussing how they can work together.  I definitely would like to see that empty gas station become something positive for the community.  This development behind it doesn't require a zone change, but we did have a neighborhood meeting with the Donelsonwood neighbors near Hickman Elementary and Donelson Middle to figure out traffic flow issues.  The main entrance will be on Lebanon Pike and the connection to Fitzgerald should just be an emergency only crash gate.  I've been working on connectivity issues in regards to connecting Donelson Station to the Greenway system and this presented an opportunity to do a "Trail Along the Rail" behind this development, that would basically go all the way from Donelson Pike near Donelson Bowl to Stewarts Ferry Pike to connect to where the Stones River Greenway ends.  I want to encourage more use of the Star and our Greenway system at every opportunity as development occurs in "Downtown Donelson".

His reference “where the Stones River Greenway ends” is to the leg of that greenway that currently ends at Stewarts Ferry Pike, as shown in the images from Nashville’s greenways website below.

BD5CF2FD-7B72-4C3B-B4A4-C9C186F50F2F.jpeg

98617435-4C94-4E42-8EC5-269C4F83014B.jpeg

• Like 1

The structure that used to house the Family Dollar Store at Five Points (1000 Woodland St.) is being converted into a sports bar to be called Brewsters Bar and Grille.  It covers 6,750 sq. ft. 

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21078385/five-points-building-to-offer-sports-bar

1745983306_ScreenShot2019-07-16at3_12_01PM.png.1a8c1ad752038a7c5a34c62955d181b4.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Here is the response from Councilman Syracuse:

“Unfortunately, no it doesn't include the abandoned gas station but I know the two property owners are discussing how they can work together.  I definitely would like to see that empty gas station become something positive for the community.  This development behind it doesn't require a zone change, but we did have a neighborhood meeting with the Donelsonwood neighbors near Hickman Elementary and Donelson Middle to figure out traffic flow issues.  The main entrance will be on Lebanon Pike and the connection to Fitzgerald should just be an emergency only crash gate.  I've been working on connectivity issues in regards to connecting Donelson Station to the Greenway system and this presented an opportunity to do a "Trail Along the Rail" behind this development, that would basically go all the way from Donelson Pike near Donelson Bowl to Stewarts Ferry Pike to connect to where the Stones River Greenway ends.  I want to encourage more use of the Star and our Greenway system at every opportunity as development occurs in "Downtown Donelson".

His reference “where the Stones River Greenway ends” is to the leg of that greenway that currently ends at Stewarts Ferry Pike, as shown in the images from Nashville’s greenways website below.

Wait so does this mean the greenway IS going to be connected to the train station with this development or does this just mean he's got one property owner on board but needs many others first? This property represents a tiny sliver of the properties along the rail. 

Also, I feel bad for all those that are planning to turn left on to Lebanon Pike during the morning commute. 

Dry Creek Station will be new mixed-use development featuring 394 residential units, 46 townhomes, and 2,500 sq. ft. of retail space on 22 acres (currently empty) at 320 Connare Drive, 1 block west of Gallatin Pike in Madison.  No renderings as of yet.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21078588/madison-could-land-mixeduse-project

This screenshot from Smeagolfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-07-17 at 5.07.38 PM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The infamous Stadium Inn is getting set for major changes.  They have apparently been forcing long-time residents (who were paying $250 a week) out by raising their rates to up to as much as $650 per week.  The hotel is applying for interior demolition permits, but is not saying what their long term plans are.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21078836/stadium-inn-site-could-see-change

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 2.54.51 PM.png

• Like 3

The thought of anybody being a long-time resident at the Stadium Inn is mind-blowing. I can't even begin to imagine. But I digress ...

Being almost next door to Nissan Stadium, this would be an ideal hotel to cater to sports/football fans: Incorporate sports decor, add a cool sports bar/lounge, maybe shuttle service to Top Golf, some tailgating in the parking lot on game days. This place could pay for its renovations pretty fast.

• Like 3

Amazon will start yet another distribution center in the 98,250 sq. ft.space at 2 Dell Parkway near the airport that used to be home to the Goo Goo Cluster plant.  No word yet on how many employees will be needed to service the facility, although based on other similar sized projects at their five existing locations, it could be around 700.  This has nothing to do with the 5,000+ jobs that will be involved in their Nashville Yards expansion. 

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2019/07/19/documents-amazon-plans-new-nashville-facility-near.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 8.47.05 AM.png

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

The thought of anybody being a long-time resident at the Stadium Inn is mind-blowing. I can't even begin to imagine. But I digress ...

Being almost next door to Nissan Stadium, this would be an ideal hotel to cater to sports/football fans: Incorporate sports decor, add a cool sports bar/lounge, maybe shuttle service to Top Golf, some tailgating in the parking lot on game days. This place could pay for its renovations pretty fast.

I hope they budget plenty for bedbug mitigation!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1