Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

20 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

There are a lot of projects proposed on this corridor and not much has happened yet. A lot of these developers are selling off their lots or just not developing yet. Some of these are 3 or more years old. Someone is going to have to be the first one to make it happen and the same goes for W Trinity  as well. 

Developers and banks are just afraid to invest heavily yet for some reason in some of these areas.

It’s my opinion that things will happen rapidly in D5 now that Scott Davis is out as councilman. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, AronG said:

Why is that? I thought the whole knock on him was that he was too developer-friendly?

Well, I don’t want to get into slandering here, but let’s just say there seemed to be a rhyme&reason to his actions.

During his reign, the majority of development in D5 was small parcel, interior neighborhood developments that are often done by a handful of recurring developers. Imagine the type of job that is set in motion by those “I pay cash for houses” signs you see around. “Outsiders” trying to do major projects along Dickerson and elsewhere never seemed  to get off the starting block, for reasons unknown.

So yes. He is developer friendly. But i would argue that only applies to certain developers. He’s also a man of broken promises. 

• Like 1

I have heard things, but I can't say things here. The reason the council meeting went over 7 hours is mainly due to him if he truly had 20 of the 38 bills on the agenda. I am sure a lot of the council members will be glad to be rid of him simply because of that reason.

Most of the crap that was on the Planning docket was also disapproved by Planning and he always went to council to push them through over the objection of the people in the neighborhoods there from what I have noticed. Seems as of a lot of the items on the planning docket were in his district.

The U.S. Postal Service finished the $44.2 million purchase of 450,000 sq. ft. space at 570 Knight Rd. near the airport for another distribution center.  It includes 55 docks and sits on 80.8 acres. 

More at the Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21081493/postal-service-pays-442m-for-airportarea-site

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 8.23.39 AM.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

The U.S. Postal Service finished the $44.2 million purchase of 450,000 sq. ft. space at 570 Knight Rd. near the airport for another distribution center.  It includes 55 docks and sits on 80.8 acres. 

More at the Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21081493/postal-service-pays-442m-for-airportarea-site

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 8.23.39 AM.png

Brand new, nice facility, at the end of the center runway next to Mill Creek (high above flood plain). This is Mcgavock Pike, although I think they have changed the name. I have not heard if the post office is moving their operation here or if this is an additional facility to Elm Hill

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Most of the crap that was on the Planning docket was also disapproved by Planning and he always went to council to push them through over the objection of the people in the neighborhoods there from what I have noticed. Seems as of a lot of the items on the planning docket were in his district.

CM Davis has had a reputation for doing this throughout his term.    Basically a gun for hire by unscrupulous builders, ignoring concerns of constituents. 

3 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Brand new, nice facility, at the end of the center runway next to Mill Creek (high above flood plain). This is Mcgavock Pike, although I think they have changed the name. I have not heard if the post office is moving their operation here or if this is an additional facility to Elm Hill

I will bet they are moving  but not sure as they spent 44 million on this facility. Of course that comes form an entity that is already hemorrhaging cash at the taxpayers expense.

Update coming to old Metro motel on Dickerson.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21081647/east-nashville-motel-to-land-major-update

"Owned and operated by Nashville-based 37urban’s Taylor Perkins and Chelsey Mortenson, Howdy Hospitality intends to restore the 18-room hotel to its mid-century modern design under a new and independent flag.

Austin-based Joel Mozersky Design will oversee the interior redesign of the hotel building. The company is known for having designed the interiors of Japanese restaurant Uchi, for which multiple locations operate. Mozersky has various hospitality and hotel projects nationwide in his portfolio, and the Metro Motel will be his first project in Tennessee.

In addition to a complete renovation and restoration, Perkins told the Post the future motel will offer contemporary amenities and an addition, though he declined to disclose specifics."

• Like 4

The just-completed 2 story, 10,580 sq. ft. office building on .4 acre site at at 2540 Park Drive in Donelson is for sale at $2.75 million.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21081703/donelson-office-building-listed-for-275m

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 8.01.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-09 at 8.01.42 AM.png

This is just an exercise for students and will never happen and it should not happen as the river should never be blocked as it is an asset itself.
The expense of the project would be well beyond thepayoff.
Besides, what happens underneath this monstrosity? It would just become a haven for the criminal element of the homeless community as a place to camp as Metro police would never go underneath to clear it out. It would sort of end of being like one of those bad futuristic sci fi movies with a sub culture living below.

Capping the interstate makes a lot more sense (and NCDC has worked on that too), but have y’all seen the bridge/park being built in DC? It looks amazing https://bbardc.org/project/11th-street-bridge-park/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, this is probably the first 'must visit' thing in Madison.  Slow Burn is a block away and is my new fav hot chicken place so you can make an afternoon out of it.

And the new music venue coming to Madison is going to be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The .93 acre plot at 1800 Dickerson Pike that is home to Meridian Street Cafe and Bar has sold to Dickerson Pike Investments LLC for $1.1 million.  It previously was purchased in 2009 for $165,000. 

No word on the intentions of the new owner yet. Lots of land continues to be bought up and changing hands along that strip. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21082108/east-nashville-site-sells-for-11m

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.39.22 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 10.39.01 AM.png

• Like 2

And the parcel just to the south 1710 Dickerson, which is about double the space at 3 acres vs .93, last sold in '96 for $10k.

Edit:  Ha, and the parcel to the south of THAT parcel is, again, double the size of 1710 and last sold in '93 for $4500. 

Edited by grilled_cheese

The owner of the former church property at 1716 Greenwood Avenue has reapplied for a stormwater grading permit. The previous permit was applied for in 2016 and had already received some approval from metro, but it expired in June. The project was also issued a temporary electric permit back in June. 

Interesting note: the new permit list Nathon Lyons of Vintage South Development and Historic Builds, LLC as the SW Developer. His company is currently undertaking the Highland Yards project on Douglas Avenue and the Stocking 51 project in the Nations. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Edgefield D said:

Has anyone heard anything about the old Bill Martin Foods building at 11th and Fatherland? Nashville property records still show the owner as Bill Martin.  I was thinking that it actually sold. 

The new owner is Glengarry Partners according to parcel viewer. No other information besides that. 

29D5272A-5555-405A-A6C7-F3DDA9BB38E3.png

• Like 2

22 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

The owner of the former church property at 1716 Greenwood Avenue has reapplied for a stormwater grading permit. The previous permit was applied for in 2016 and had already received some approval from metro, but it expired in June. The project was also issued a temporary electric permit back in June. 

Interesting note: the new permit list Nathon Lyons of Vintage South Development and Historic Builds, LLC as the SW Developer. His company is currently undertaking the Highland Yards project on Douglas Avenue and the Stocking 51 project in the Nations. 

I ran into the property owner, Clay Haynes, walking the property with several contractors back in early spring. They said at the time that they would be starting some work on stabilizing and maintaining the property this summer. Hope the new permit means they are finally going to get rolling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Edgefield D said:

Has anyone heard anything about the old Bill Martin Foods building at 11th and Fatherland? Nashville property records still show the owner as Bill Martin.  I was thinking that it actually sold. 

There's a sign up "For Lease" at Bill Martins.  Does this suggest that there will not be major changes or rezoning?  I would think that big corner lot would be prime for some improvements over the old building.  

One block away...  the church at Fatherland and 10th has a sign up announcing liquidation but to my knowledge has not officially sold yet.

On 4/4/2019 at 9:25 AM, AronG said:

Speaking of neighborhood centers, whatever happened to all the future phases of the Walden development (Jeni's, Two Ten Jack, etc.)? I was looking forward to seeing that getting built out, but it's been years now. Has Egerton ever said anything about why he hasn't moved forward on it? Is he going to leave that gravel parking lot there forever?

I'll re-ask this seemingly unanswered question from April, something I've wondered many times. The development seems like a smashing success, to the point that I wondered if the need to sacrifice parking space for new buildings might have caused the developer to reconsider the future phases. (Probably not, but it has crossed my mind.) They removed the old schoolhouse several years ago and then...nothing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 37206dude said:

There's a sign up "For Lease" at Bill Martins.  Does this suggest that there will not be major changes or rezoning?  I would think that big corner lot would be prime for some improvements over the old building.  

One block away...  the church at Fatherland and 10th has a sign up announcing liquidation but to my knowledge has not officially sold yet.

Ahh....I hadn't seen the "For Lease" sign. Interesting. Yes, I'm not sure about the church either....but it's within Edgefield...so options are a little more limited due to zoning.

Edited by Edgefield D