Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

A pub to be called Eastwood Assembly is being planned for a one-time church building at 714 Gallatin Ave., about 7 blocks north of Five Points.   The structure was built in the 1940s. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21084189/pub-planned-for-site-near-five-points

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 1.26.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 1.28.33 PM.png

• Like 2

H.G. Hill Realty appears to be getting ready for another mixed-use Hill Center, this time in Donelson.  They just bought a .6 acre lot at 2725 Lebanon Pike which is currently home to Lyk-Nu Collision Center.  This is next door to the 2.9 acre Hill Realty lot which they have had since 1955.  This 3.5 acres is now primed for a similar center like the ones they have in Green Hills, Belle Meade, Sylvan Heights, and the planned one in East Nashville. The location is also close to the Music City Star Donelson train station.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21084022/hill-realty-pays-850k-for-donelson-property

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 6.21.36 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A hotel of unknown size or brand is being planned for 2864 Elm Hill Pike near the airport.  the 7.78 acre site, which is currently home to American Legion Post 82, is now owned by Madesh Hotel Group LLC, which is affiliated with the Best Western Franklin Inn.  They paid $5.25 million for the site a year ago.  A $24.6 million construction loan has been secured from Ascend Federal Credit Union. No renderings as of yet.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21084237/hotel-eyed-for-donelson-site

The site is at the center of the frame here:

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 8.01.18 AM.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site  highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 8.02.37 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2019 at 6:56 PM, markhollin said:

Envision Cayce,  Boscabil I (Three 4 story buildings, 96 units) update.  Brickwork and cladding complete, installing balconies.

Looking south from South 6th St., 1/2 block south of Summer Place:

Envision Cayce, Boscobil I, Aug 24, 2019, 2.jpg

Envision Cayce, Boscobil I, Aug 24, 2019, 3.jpg

I love the and soft contrast of wood and brick here. I am always an advocate to get wood on to a project. This has been executed nicely, now I just really hope it is maintained like it will need to be.

On 8/26/2019 at 8:05 AM, markhollin said:

Douglas Market Lofts (3 stories, 16 units, street level retail) update.  All brick and siding now painted.

Looking east along Douglas Ave., 1/2 block east of Stainback Ave:

Douglas Market Lofts, Aug 24, 2019, 1.jpg

This project has slowed to an absolute crawl. It has been painted for a couple months now I feel. Is it a small outfit building it?

• Like 2

Boscobil II, (Phase III of Envision Cayce, 2 and 4 stories, about 250 units) update: Cottages along  South 6th Street topped out. Foundation in place and stairwells/elevator shafts in place and up to 2nd level for western section of taller portion along Lenore St.

Looking north from intersection of South 6th St. and Lenore St:

Envision Cayce, Boscobil II, Aug 24, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking NE from Lenore St., 1/4 block east of South 6th St:

Envision Cayce, Boscobil II, Aug 24, 2019, 2.jpg

Looking NW from Lenore St., 1/2 block east of South 6th St:

Envision Cayce, Boscobil II, Aug 24, 2019, 3.jpg

Looking NW from intersection of Lenore St. and South 7th St:

Envision Cayce, Boscobil II, Aug 24, 2019, 4.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Lindsley Place (3 stories, 18 townhomes, 2 condos, 1,700 sq. ft. of ground level retail) project that has been delayed for 2 years is finally going to get underway.  Metro Council approved the final reading on rezoning for the 3.2 acre tract at the NW corner of Cleveland and Meridian Streets in Cleveland Park.  It is no longer being spearheaded by Rochford Realty and Construction, but is still unclear exactly who is  in charge.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21084433/gulch-building-facelift-underway

Here are the renderings from 2 years ago:

Lindsley Place render 1, June, 2017.png

Lindsley Place render 2, June, 2017.png

Lindsley Place render 3, June, 2017.png

Lindsley Place render 4, June, 2017.png

This screenshot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Lindsley Place, Aug 28, 2019, site map.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oy! Terrible! [laughing] I don't even recognize any of the things depicted on that mural. Is that a cowboy lying back with his hat on his face and his guitar erect? Now, if someone were to say a group of fifth graders came over an painted that, I'd say "A for effort". I surely hope they didn't pay for that. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2019 at 1:49 PM, grilled_cheese said:

I wish they would focus on another Nashville area chef.  Getting burnt out on SB after the last few years of coverage.

Inglewood Car Wash for sale, $899k, up from $171k in '15

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/4018-Gallatin-Pike-Nashville-TN/16886137/

Is he still getting consistent coverage like that?

The owner of 1012 Main Street and 916 Main Street applied for demolition permits yesterday for each structure. 916 Main will be a hotel (https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21071401/boutique-hotel-planned-for-east-nashville). No word on what the plan is for 1012 Main. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

The owner of 1012 Main Street and 916 Main Street applied for demolition permits yesterday for each structure. 916 Main will be a hotel (https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21071401/boutique-hotel-planned-for-east-nashville). No word on what the plan is for 1012 Main. 

That proposal for 1012 Main Street is also for a hotel with a configuration like a series of apartments that would presumably be listed on the STR platforms.  The height on that parcel assembly is limited to three stories with the third story stepped back.  The property sits within the Lockeland Springs-East End Conservation Zoning Overlay District in addition to the MDHA Five Points Redevelopment District.  The proposal has not yet gone through the Metro Historic Zoning Commission for design review purposes.

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, bwithers1 said:

That proposal for 1012 Main Street is also for a hotel with a configuration like a series of apartments that would presumably be listed on the STR platforms.  The height on that parcel assembly is limited to three stories with the third story stepped back.  The property sits within the Lockeland Springs-East End Conservation Zoning Overlay District in addition to the MDHA Five Points Redevelopment District.  The proposal has not yet gone through the Metro Historic Zoning Commission for design review purposes.

Do you think they will nix his 4 story proposal or let it slide????