Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, grilled_cheese said:

Per their Facebook, Rudie's is closing for good.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/rudiessns/posts/?ref=page_internal

That really hurts.  I remember when the original Mitchell’s opened in this space. For all those on the east side, Mitchell’s is not only delivering their delicious sandwiches, but they, along with Cafe Roze and others, have opened a mini grocery stores with local suppliers. Please support them (and tip well), if you can. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

That really hurts.  I remember when the original Mitchell’s opened in this space. For all those on the east side, Mitchell’s is not only delivering their delicious sandwiches, but they, along with Cafe Roze and others, have opened a mini grocery stores with local suppliers. Please support them (and tip well), if you can. 

I go back and forth on this.  Firstly, our household has lost a significant portion of our income so I'm thinking dollars in long term.  We also attempted to eat our first non-home prepared meal on Saturday when El Fuego said they were opening up for to go but when we got there it was an absolute cluster.  We were the only ones wearing facial protection, there were a dozen+ people standing around not social distancing and there was no way to get to the door to check on your order without breaking social distancing multiple times along the way.  We eventually left but ended up getting takeout from another location that was, while less crowded, people were still not wearing facial protection and following the general guidelines for this crapshow.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2020 at 8:11 AM, grilled_cheese said:

I go back and forth on this.  Firstly, our household has lost a significant portion of our income so I'm thinking dollars in long term.  We also attempted to eat our first non-home prepared meal on Saturday when El Fuego said they were opening up for to go but when we got there it was an absolute cluster.  We were the only ones wearing facial protection, there were a dozen+ people standing around not social distancing and there was no way to get to the door to check on your order without breaking social distancing multiple times along the way.  We eventually left but ended up getting takeout from another location that was, while less crowded, people were still not wearing facial protection and following the general guidelines for this crapshow.

I got takeout from Mas Tacos yesterday (Thursday).  Not crowded, easy to social distance.  I think with this situation it is best to have a backup plan in your mind when leaving the house and just abandon ship if you see a crowd like the one you described at El Fuego.  I pretty much always go to the grocery store or wherever else with the attitude that I am willing to bail out and try again later if the place is too crowded.  

• Like 1

Sid Gold's Request Room will be a New York piano Karaoke cocktail lounge at 3245 Gallatin Pike.  A $113,000 permit has been granted to Artisan Build Construction for the conversion of the storefront space.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21127998/hermitage-bojangles-sells-for-27m

Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 7.47.09 AM.png

• Like 4

The building that once was home to the Gerst House on .67 acre at 301 Woodland St. is going to be demolished by the owner Nitesh Patel, a hotelier.  American Excavating and Grading Co. will handle the job with a $20,000 permit.  No word yet on Patel's plans for the site.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21128486/gerst-haus-building-to-be-demolished

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 8.17.05 AM.png

This screenshot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 8.21.28 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 4/13/2020 at 1:52 PM, markhollin said:

Sid Gold's Request Room will be a New York piano Karaoke cocktail lounge at 3245 Gallatin Pike.  A $113,000 permit has been granted to Artisan Build Construction for the conversion of the storefront space.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/food-business/article/21127998/hermitage-bojangles-sells-for-27m

I have to ask...why is it a New York piano bar? What makes something a New York piano bar?

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Nathan_in_the_UK said:

I have to ask...why is it a New York piano bar? What makes something a New York piano bar?

Piano karaoke bar! Singers perform to piano accompaniment, not a karaoke machine. Sid Gold's is a piano karaoke bar in New York City.

Edited by donNdonelson2

14 hours ago, markhollin said:

The building that once was home to the Gerst House on .67 acre at 301 Woodland St. is going to be demolished by the owner Nitesh Patel, a hotelier.  American Excavating and Grading Co. will handle the job with a $20,000 permit.  No word yet on Patel's plans for the site.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/21128486/gerst-haus-building-to-be-demolished

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 8.17.05 AM.png

This screenshot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Screen Shot 2020-04-15 at 8.21.28 AM.png

Land banking or could something actually happen here? This land needs to be developed... such a prime spot, equivalent to the East side’s KVB.