Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

On 6/3/2020 at 4:13 PM, markhollin said:

The .78 acre lot that features a 5,840 sq. ft.  warehouse at 206 North 1st Street on the East Bank is for sale at an undisclosed price. This is adjacent to a large 1.2 acre site that sold to a hotelier in 2017 and remains as primarily a surface lot. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21136051/east-bank-warehouse-near-brewery-listed-for-sale

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 3.07.50 PM.png

do you know how much the 1.2 acre site sold for in 2017?

There is fencing and signage up at the long vacant lot at the corner of Gallatin and Inglewood Dr.   The signage appears to say that it will become The Avery East.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.2322508,-86.7247201,3a,62.9y,121.43h,88.1t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sNoXqddlH3tBRVkBgukQYjw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

• Like 3

On 6/7/2020 at 3:27 PM, grilled_cheese said:

El Fuego has already painted and put up a sign at their new location.  Woo!

Pretty sure I'm alone on this one, but the Radio Shack franchise that used to be there was the absolute best. They had a fantastic stock of vintage turntable cartridges and they were an honest repair shop that I trusted with the gear I treasure.

Does anyone know if those dudes went on to open another shop somewhere else?

• Like 2

On 6/5/2020 at 4:47 PM, grilled_cheese said:

The labor staffing business that occupied the old B Sides Salon next to Waldon looks like it has been renovated and the staffing signage has been removed.  Not sure if that's just for a remodel or if something else is going in.

The facade update on the strip mall next to Las Marcas looks near completion.  Anything would have been an improvement on what it was but it does look good.

The Save-A-Lot signage has been removed from the strip mall at 2620-2622 Gallatin Pike and the structure looks vacant.

The old mechanic building at Gallatin and Petway looks to be nearly fully rehab'd for Heart, the Australian themed restaurant.

Do you (or anyone here) know anything about the 'Canvas' mixed use development on Gallatin north of the McDonalds?  There's a sign there which has gone up recently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockatansky said:

Do you (or anyone here) know anything about the 'Canvas' mixed use development on Gallatin north of the McDonalds?  There's a sign there which has gone up recently.

I can't find anything on this one.  Looks as if no media has reported on it. When you look at the sign again, get any names like the developer, architect, etc. off of it. That can be a place to start.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I can't find anything on this one.  Looks as if no media has reported on it. When you look at the sign again, get any names like the developer, architect, etc. off of it. That can be a place to start.

I’m pretty sure it’s a revamping of that low-income apartment complex a block off Gallatin there, not a new construction. They slapped a mural in the building, renamed it The Canvas, and doubled the rent.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Rockatansky said:

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

I called the number on the sign and a woman answered as "Canvas something" she said they were just the leasing agent. She didn't know how many units it would have but said "it would be mixed use with some studio apartments".  She didn't know who the architect was but said they had been at the site today.

Edit:  the number is 615-730-5101

Edited by grilled_cheese
  • Like 1

I am really intrigued at the 'Canvas' project/No project.  One detail which is probably obvious from the discussion is the owner of The Canvas is the same as the empty lot on Gallatin.  I call it the McDonald's/O'Reilly Auto Parts lot.  Lighthouse is the ownership / Management name I keep seeing on land sale docs.  And there is Lighthouse Property Management that manages about 4 properties around the city.  Mostly rehabbed stuff like The Canvas.  I think we will have to wait until the permits start flying to get a real picture.  But the comment about 'the building that hasn't been built yet' and the fact the sign says mixed-use (and there presently is no 'mixed-use'), makes me lean towards a fairly large complex being built on the McDonald's O'Reilly Lot. Thanks for calling @grilled_cheese. I was too lazy to call.

• Like 4

A couple more projects on the East side announced:

1) 600 Stewarts Ferry Pike will be five 4 story buildings on 19 undeveloped acres featuring 318 units to be built by Varden Capital.  Charlan Brock Assoc. are the architects, with Catalyst Design handling land planning/engineering. Rendering and diagram below.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21137172/donelsonarea-site-slated-for-apartment-complex

2)  307 South 11th St. will be a 2 story mixed-us project with first floor retail/office space and 4 residential units on the 2nd floor.  The site is currently a surface lot. Rendering below.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21137204/developer-to-seek-ok-for-five-pointsarea-project

600 Stewarts Ferry rendering and diagram:

600 Stewarts Ferry Pike, June 11, 2020, render.png

600 Stewarts Ferry Pike, June 11, 2020, diagram.png

This screenshot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

600 Stewarts Ferry Pike, June 11, 2020, site map.png

307 South 11th Street rendering, site, and map location:

307 South 11th St, June 15, 2020, render.png

307 South 11th St, June 15, 2020, site.png

307 South 11th St, June 15, 2020, site map.png

• Like 3

1600 Riverside (rehab of church buildings and new 3 story building for For Eastside Community Collaborative) update.  Exterior work on church structure nearly complete. Walls filling-in on new building.

Looking SW from Riverside Drive, 1/4 block north of Porter Rd:

1600 Riverside, June 14, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking NW from intersection of Riverside Dr. and Porter Rd:

1600 Riverside, June 14, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking north from Porter Ave., 1/2 block east of Porter Rd:

1600 Riverside, June 14, 2020, 3.jpg

Looking SE from Porter Ave., 1/4 block north of Cahal Ave:

1600 Riverside, June 14, 2020, 4.jpg

• Like 4