Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

Cumberland Advisors will develop an 8 building, 310 unit apartment complex on 20 acres in Mt. Juliet that will require a 3,200 ft. extension to Providence Parkway.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/wilson/2020/06/17/mt-juliet-development-310-new-apartments-and-providence-pkwy-extension/3204628001/

Cumbelarnd Advisors Apts, Mt. Juliet, June 18, 2020, map.png

• Like 2

I really hope they wait to have the meeting with the residents until after the plans are released and more facts are known. Otherwise, that meeting could turn into a game of telephone. 

First Cumberland is a big time affordable housing developer in the city. They have some really nice properties that they could easily transfer these tenants into. My hope is, assuming there are some affordable units included in the redevelopment plan, former tenants would be given the chance to move back once construction is complete. 

• Like 3

The 9 parcel, 6.43 acre plot at 1505-1603 Dickerson Pike is being put up for sale at an undisclosed price. Tony Ray Clouse bought them for a total of $170,000 in the past 20 years. A mobile home park is located there currently.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21138168/large-east-nashville-property-listed-for-sale

Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 8.01.22 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, markhollin said:

528-540 Edwin (3 stories, 32 townhomes) update. Nearly all are topped out.

Looking SW from Edwin St., 1/2 block south of East Trinity Lane:

528-540 Edwin, June 14, 2020.jpg

Why not just design a 3 story house instead of badly adding a 3rd floor to a 2 story design. 

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

IKR!  It's a return of the 'dormer pandemic' of the 1980s. In Atlanta, thousands of houses were built with every number, style and size of dormer on roofs of every pitch possible. Sometimes, the dormer was just there for decoration (as on an attic). I've noticed that Palladian windows had a similar run in the 70s/80s. 

• Like 2

I will have to say some of these architects just need to go back to school, and I mean start in kinder garden again.  These would have looked better if they were all connected instead of free standing, but are butt ugly to the eye.

Even if you are looking a the house next door, you need more windows on the sides. People may want privacy, but that is what blinds and curtains are for. Fewer windows/ lower cost, so these are built on the cheap as most everything in Nashville is being done these days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Haven Towne Centre (5 stories, 48 condo units) will be built by Capital Development at 624 W. Due West Ave. on 1.05 acres.  A mid-2021 completion is planned.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21138573/mid2021-completion-eyed-for-madison-condo-building

Haven Towne Centre, June 26, 2020, render.png

Haven Towne Centre, June 26, 2020, site map.png

Lincoln Property Co. has landed initial permits for Phase I of the massive mixed-use project they are doing with Ryman Hospitality at the NE corner of the Briley Parkway/McGavock Pike intersection. It will include 296 apartments. They also received at $39 million loan from Santander Bank for the construction.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/06/26/deal-dash-commercial-real-estate-development.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

• Like 3