Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

1600 Riverside (conversion of former church property to office/retail with additional 4 story structure) update: More exterior treatments underway.

Looking NE from Porter Rd. 1/2 block west of Riverside Drive:

1600 Riverside, Aug 9, 2020, 1.jpg

Looking north from Porter Rd. 1/2 block west of Riverside Drive:

1600 Riverside, Aug 9, 2020, 2.jpg

Looking SE from Porter Ave., 1/2 block north of Porter Rd:

1600 Riverside, Aug 9, 2020, 3.jpg

• Like 3

Pennington Centre (Lincoln Property/Ryman Hospitality joint mixed-use venture) has been issued 5 permits with combined value of $14.1 million for LPC Construction to continue work on Phase I.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21142983/permit-patrol-24-august-2020

• Like 1

On 8/24/2020 at 12:46 PM, MVF said:

Any idea what 1600 Riverside will specifically be? I heard that they may be turning that small house on the property into a coffee/sandwich shop.

I was wondering the same. Excited, but with Mitchell's and Dose nearby a sandwich/coffee shop seems an odd choice. 

Edited by TnNative
Reword

12 minutes ago, bwithers1 said:

District 6 updates: 

-Last night the Planning Commission recommended approval of two MUG-A base zone change requests, including the Shelby House/Samaritan Recovery project site at 5th/Shelby and two adjacent Industrial/Warehouse parcels on Davidson Street.  Both passed on the Consent Agenda. My letter of support for the Davidson Street zone change is posted on the Planning Department's website https://www.nashville.gov/document/ID/6de13ca7-e04f-4879-9caf-033b3036f423/August-27-2020-Letter-from-Councilmember-Withers.

-I am continuing to work with the Planning, Historic and Codes Departments to determine which tools and approaches are available and most suited to continue to provide design guidance outlined in the MDHA Five Points Redevelopment District http://www.nashville-mdha.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Five_Points.pdf which expires on 12/31/20 of this year. One major facet is cleaning up discrepancies between old base zoning districts to translate them or convert them to contemporary, more "urban" base zoning districts to align with the design guidance and the land uses outlined in the Land Use Plan http://www.nashville-mdha.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/2015-3-16-Fivepoints.pdf. This map reflects how gerrymandered the boundaries are.  Rather than receiving a slew of single-parcel zone change requests, I am endeavoring to look at all of these parcels at one time and also to look at adjacent parcels along Woodland and 10th that are located in the "gaps" within the T4-CM Mixed Use Corridor policy area along Woodland and the T4 NC Neighborhood Center mixed-use policy area along both sides of 10th from Fatherland up to Woodland.  This zone change legislation will be filed soon and should come before the Planning Commission in November and the Metro Council public hearing in December.  I have been working with the three neighborhood associations (Edgefield, East End and Lockeland Springs) and also working with the affected property owners and the area merchants association. I am working with Planning staff to hold a virtual town hall about this project on Tuesday, September 8th at 6:00 PM and that information will post to Metro's website soon. 

As a resident of the overlay district, "THANK YOU" for pushing forward on the MDHA deal.  I know it is MDHA's preference to take items off their plate, but this one is particularly important.  Let me know if you need any help with this effort...diagrams, massings, 3d scans...whatever.

The stone wall dates back to the original Cleveland Park urban streetcar neighborhood - so maybe between 1910 and 1930.

This is the house that was there, from Google streetview 2012. It was torn down between 2016 and 2019.

651115155_ScreenShot2020-08-30at1_21_59PM.thumb.png.ff3775eb93c1688d11662d953921933c.png

For more context and history, the Neighborhood Story Project is doing great work. This is their video about Cleveland Park.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1