Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

An East Nashville commercial building located near Southern Grist Brewing

I guess a half mile is nearby. This is really close to Cahal - Porter - Riverside Dr confluence. The owners of Berkshire Place / Panorama Apartments, which is right next door, have floated the idea of a massive redevelopment of that site. That's probably more of a 5 - 10 year timeframe (I think) in order to secure suitable land, build and relocate current tenants. A lot of Section 8 housing in there. But I wonder if something's cookin'...

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Flatrock said:

I guess a half mile is nearby. This is really close to Cahal - Porter - Riverside Dr confluence. The owners of Berkshire Place / Panorama Apartments, which is right next door, have floated the idea of a massive redevelopment of that site. That's probably more of a 5 - 10 year timeframe (I think) in order to secure suitable land, build and relocate current tenants. A lot of Section 8 housing in there. But I wonder if something's cookin'...

I’ve heard a couple of rumors about the Berkshire Apts site. They’ve already opted out of their low income housing tax credit contract with the state (can start evicting tenants without cause on either 1/1/2022 or 1/1/2023) and are on a year to year renewal with HUD for their section 8 contract. They also own and develop a lot of affordable housing in Nashville (including the neighboring affordable housing property), so relocation may not be as big of an issue.  I’m sure any redevelopment will include some sort of affordable housing component. 

Side note about these apartments: I think someone was murdered there on Sunday and the guy who killed the nurse on 440 in January lived and was arrested there. 

Edited by WebberThomas4
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

I’ve heard a couple of rumors about the Berkshire Apts site. They’ve already opted out of their low income housing tax credit contract with the state (can start evicting tenants without cause on either 1/1/2022 or 1/1/2023) and are on a year to year renewal with HUD for their section 8 contract. They also own and develop a lot of affordable housing in Nashville (including the neighboring affordable housing property), so relocation may not be as big of an issue.  I’m sure any redevelopment will include some sort of affordable housing component. 

Side note about these apartments: I think someone was murdered there on Sunday and the guy who killed the nurse on 440 in January lived and was arrested there. 

I remember reading about this a year or so ago. Didn't they already come out with a masterplan? It was on the East Nashville Facebook page. 

• Like 1

Porter Village Lofts will be two 3 story structures with 21 units at 1507 Porter Rd. Tudor Building Group is the developer and contractor.  Ground will be breaking immediately, and a spring 2022 opening is planned. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21146006/work-starts-on-east-side-residential-project

Porter Village Lofts, Feb 12, 2021, render.png

Porter Village Lofts, Feb 12, 2021, site map.png

• Like 1

The Bridal Suites Hotel (3 stories,  29 units) on .94 acre at 941 Main St. is being offered for sale at $12.9 million.  It was nearly complete when the tornado hit in early March, and it suffered  damage.  Combined with the pandemic, it has been a losing proposition for the Bubsie family which put the project together.  

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21146085/east-nashville-str-building-offered-for-129m

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 11.10.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 11.10.48 AM.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1600 Lebanon Pike will feature a 4 story condo building with 63 units, as well as a separate set of 16 townhomes all on 3.1 acres.  BNA Investments and Brandon Plunkett have formed a partnership to develop. A tree removal permit has been granted.

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/construction/article/21146131/permit-patrol-22-february-2021

• Like 1