Davidson East: East Nashville, Inglewood, Madison, Donelson, Hermitage, Old Hickory

smeagolsfree

33 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I don't think I've ever been around that part of East Nashville, but judging from the number of projects underway/planned within a half-mile of Eastwood Village would you say that's becoming a 'downtown' for that part of the city?

This former church site is in the middle of a dense residential community.   The closest cluster of businesses is 4 blocks to the south at Eastland and Chapel Aves. area. Several blocks to the west you have Gallatin Ave., and  about 10 blocks to the SW you have Five Points.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, markhollin said:

This former church site is in the middle of a dense residential community.   The closest cluster of businesses is 4 blocks to the south at Eastland and Chapel Aves. area. Several blocks to the west you have Gallatin Ave., and  about 10 blocks to the SW you have Five Points.

There’s also a cluster at Greenwood and Porter. Southern Grist is there for now. 

I could see the apartment complex redeveloping into something more urban eventually. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flatrock said:

I live about a mile from there. In addition to the cluster at Greenwood and Porter that #downtownresident mentioned, there's a much bigger commercial cluster along Eastland Ave/Porter Rd area with numerous restaurants, coffee shops/bakeries, and other locally-owned businesses.  It's less than half a mile south of Eastwood Village. Another commercial cluster is emerging where Cahal, Porter Rd and Riverside Dr converge. This consists of numerous townhome developments, the recent redevelopment of another church into a mixed-use event space/office space, some local businesses and a great Korean restaurant / dive bar (Babo). This is about 1 mile to the northeast of Eastwood Village. And a little further up Riverside Dr is Riverside Village, with numerous restaurants, pubs - and more stuff coming.

My takeaway is: East Nashville continues to densify with a wider, bigger network of neighborhood commercial/residential clusters - each with a unique feel.

MLBrumby, the first round is on me, when you choose to visit...

Speaking of more stuff coming: what is happening across the street from Mitchell’s? No activity for almost a year. 

2 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Speaking of more stuff coming: what is happening across the street from Mitchell’s? No activity for almost a year. 

Assuming 2300 Riverside Dr, I've heard rumors regarding the 'why' it's paused, but won't post here. I'm also hearing it'll crank back up in the not-too-distant future. We'll see

• Like 2

Envision Cayce, Red Oak Town Homes (2 & 3 stories, 30 units?) update: 4 of the buildings topped out; foundations of several more being set.

Looking east from South 8th St., 1/2 block east of South 7th St:

Red Oak Townhomes, Feb 28, 2021, 1.jpeg

Looking east from surface lot for Red Oak Townhomes, just south of South 8th St:

Red Oak Townhomes, Feb 28, 2021, 2.jpeg

Looking east from South 8th St., 1/2 block west of Lenore St:

Red Oak Townhomes, Feb 28, 2021, 3.jpeg

Looking NW from Lenore St., 1/4 block west of South 11th St:

Red Oak Townhomes, Feb 28, 2021, 4.jpeg

Looking NE from Lenore St., 1/2 block east of South 7th St:

Red Oak Townhomes, Feb 28, 2021, 5.jpeg

• Like 4

Ben Allen Apartments will feature seven 3 story (?) buildings with 245 units on undeveloped land at 301 Ben Allen Rd. near Ellington Parkway. The developer is Clear Blue; architect is EOA; Engineer is Alfred Benesch & Company; and landscape architect is Hawkins Partners.  No word on groundbreaking yet, and no renderings available yet.

More at NashvilleNowNext here:

https://nashvillenownext.com/2021/03/02/trail-oriented-development-proposed-for-east-nashville-site/

Ben Allen Apts, March 3, 2021, site diagram.png

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

Ben Allen Apts, March 3, 2021, site map.png

• Like 3