Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

Mayor Barry's proposal for new Police HQ on Murfreesboro Rd. gets a warm reception form local residents/businesses at public hearing:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2016/01/13/megan-barrys-police-hq-proposal-gets-warm-reception/78739968/

Here is the very rough layout presented.  I wish the building were along the street and ALL the parking was in the back.

Police HQ layout, Jan. 2016.JPG

17 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Can someone point out on a map where the CHS building is being constructed in Antioch.

i don't get down there very often and I am trying to work on the new map.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.0330486,-86.6525701,16z

May want to get someone to confirm.

Edited by PruneTracy
CHS is not building off the coast of Africa.

2.3 acre site (former Pla-Mor Lanes Bowling Alley) near 100 Oaks sells for $2.75 million.  Great potential.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/20488838/former-south-nashville-bowling-alley-property-sells-for-275m

Looks like it is going to become a medical building.  Either remodeled, or leveled and rebuilt as a two-story structure:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/01/new-project-aims-to-let-you-see-the-doc-where-you.html

Pla_Mor.56abad9f276b7.jpg

Edited by markhollin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, markhollin said:

2.3 acre site (former Pla-Mor Lanes Bowling Alley) near 100 Oaks sells for $2.75 million.  Great potential.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/commercial-real-estate/article/20488838/former-south-nashville-bowling-alley-property-sells-for-275m

Pla_Mor.56abad9f276b7.jpg

I'm going to miss them. (like other geezers on this forum will).  But what the heck.  I always preferred Brunswick over AMF machines.

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, markhollin said:

From the article: " and full-access interchange construction could start within four months, said Phil Martin, a spokesman for Oldacre McDonald. "

That interchange can't be built fast enough... a welcome relief to the area between Bell Rd and OHB.

• Like 1

Hopefully this sparks some much needed revitalization to the area. Also I could see this area being a good fit for IKEA (yes I know not everyone cares for IKEA so please spare me with the negative comments) since they are actively looking in the Nashville area.  I  can remember when my family moved to the Nashville area in 1988 Hickory Hollow was the place to go and the general area was nice as I remember. Hopefully the area can be brought back. 

Edited by TNinVB
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

Hopefully this sparks some much needed revitalization to the area. Also I could see this area being a good fit for IKEA (yes I know not everyone cares for IKEA so please spare me with the negative comments) since they are actively looking for an area in the Nashville area.  I  can remember when my family moved to the Nashville area in 1988 Hickory Hollow was the place to go and the general area was nice as I remember. Hopefully the area can be brought back. 

I think that would be awesome! Hating on IKEA is just the cool thing to do these days. I left Memphis right after theirs was announced, so I'm still a little bitter.

2 hours ago, TNinVB said:

Hopefully this sparks some much needed revitalization to the area. Also I could see this area being a good fit for IKEA (yes I know not everyone cares for IKEA so please spare me with the negative comments) since they are actively looking in the Nashville area.  I  can remember when my family moved to the Nashville area in 1988 Hickory Hollow was the place to go and the general area was nice as I remember. Hopefully the area can be brought back. 

That's exactly what I was thinking, too.  That area just screams for an IKEA.  Haters can hate, but even they can't deny that an IKEA would do wonders for Davidson County's sales tax collections.  It would also be a gigantic boost for Antioch which could definitely use some good news.  In addition, no furniture store is better equipped to furnish studio apartments and small apartments than IKEA.  With hundreds of small apartments and condos coming online in Nashville, and with 100,000 college students in the area, IKEA would be wildly popular.

ikea-391-sq.-ft-room-brooklyn.jpg

2255684694_4d8d75ece9_z.jpg?zz=1

slideshow_379268_ikea1.jpg

• Like 4

If you haven't been to 12south lately the place has totally been transformed into a busy neighborhood high street. The only negative is the sidewalks are to narrow for the crowds especially on the weekends. I really believe that sleek streetcars running with the traffic in and out of our intown hoods will be the best way forward due to limited parking. I feel tourist would really love to visit the unique areas just outside the city center if they didn't have to drive or taxi.

6 hours ago, FrankNash said:

If you haven't been to 12south lately the place has totally been transformed into a busy neighborhood high street. The only negative is the sidewalks are to narrow for the crowds especially on the weekends. I really believe that sleek streetcars running with the traffic in and out of our intown hoods will be the best way forward due to limited parking. I feel tourist would really love to visit the unique areas just outside the city center if they didn't have to drive or taxi.

Or ride a bus.  

People in the neighborhood might also be more receptive to development if there were transit solution.  Parking blocking driveways is a real problem in some parts of town.  It would be nice if tourists could connect to places like 12S, edgehill village, even Nolensville Rd and Charlotte.  One of the things tourists rate Nashville low on is ethnic food, and that's obviously just because they're not finding it.  

• Like 2

Wedgewood-Houston mixed use project could start by year's end.  Currently being referred to as 3rd and Mildred, the building would offer 54 residential units, 1,900 square feet of restaurant/retail space and 10 street-level live-work units spanning a collective approximately 7,000 square feet.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/urban-development/article/20489969/wehoarea-project-could-start-by-years-end

Mildred_1.56c3ab096842b.jpg

• Like 1

8 South condo development has financing and will start soon (Colonial Bakery site).  Talks about the lack of condos being built because banks are still skittish...though we have such a small number available to purchase.  Hopefully some bank(s) will soon see the need for condo construction.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/2016/02/believe-it-a-real-actual-condo-development-in.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NashvilleTaylor said:

Any update on putting sidewalks on 8th ave s?  Sidewalks are DESPERATELY needed in the Melrose area.  I am a Lyft driver and have heard many complaints about the lack of sidewalks.

Yes...they have a multimodal study grant and engineering firm is hired. Public meeting is this coming Saturday at the Melrose.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, NashvilleTaylor said:

Any update on putting sidewalks on 8th ave s?  Sidewalks are DESPERATELY needed in the Melrose area.  I am a Lyft driver and have heard many complaints about the lack of sidewalks.

Agreed. I live on 8th (Franklin Pike) and have learned that you're SOL if you're not a car or a bus. It's a shame since so much is within walking distance. I'm sure the new apartment/condo projects under construction will have sidewalks, but they're useless if they don't connect to other businesses/residences on the street. I look forward to attending the multimodal study open house next weekend.