Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

In the article below about a new Vanderbilt Stadium, there is a reference to using the new stadium as a football and the new soccer Stadium, if we get a team.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2016/09/16/exclusive-vanderbilt-talks-new-football-stadium/90126742/

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

They were talking about a new Vandy stadium on Midday 180 (104.5) and they made a point that I thought was great. Build a luxurious stadium not a huge one. Make it a 30k person capacity. But make it have great concessions, bathrooms, seats, everything. 

I think that is a very smart idea. 

I say 40K, but agree otherwise. 

If we could get an MLS team to share this stadium, it would be incredible. 

19 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I say 40K, but agree otherwise. 

If we could get an MLS team to share this stadium, it would be incredible. 

I think they settled on 30k because even at the MTSU game this past weekend the crowd was around 29k. 

It would make sense to make it a beacon of luxury and comfort, they are never going to get the room/support for a 100k+ stadium so class that bad boy up!

• Like 1

Good comparison. I've been to a game at TCU and the atmosphere was great.  I kept wishing Vandy would have something similar. And I agree that it's doable there... although it might have to go on some of the parking lots up Natchez Trace, perhaps even the whole area between Natchez Trace, Vanderbilt Place and the IM fields, that whole large triangle. And of course, that would present parking issues. 

1 hour ago, PaulChinetti said:

They were talking about a new Vandy stadium on Midday 180 (104.5) and they made a point that I thought was great. Build a luxurious stadium not a huge one. Make it a 30k person capacity. But make it have great concessions, bathrooms, seats, everything. 

I think that is a very smart idea. 

That's 10,000 fewer red, orange, blue, whatever jerseys in the stands. They are only going to sell 20 to 25,000 season tickets to alumni and locals anyway so why provide space for the visitors?

I think it's a smart idea also.

• Like 1

Broadstone 8th South update. First 4 shots taken from within the complex on a driveway off of Inverness Avenue.

Broadstone_8th_South_1,_Sept.JPG

Broadstone_8th_South_2,_Sept.JPG

Broadstone_8th_South_3,_Sept.JPG

Broadstone_8th_South_4,_Sept.JPG

Looking SW along 8th Avenue at intersection with Craighead St:

Broadstone 8th South 5, Sept.JPG

Here is the main entrance at corner of 8th Avenue/Franklin Rd. and Craighead.  On the right is the 8th South Condos complex, which is a different project going up simultaneously.

8th South condos, Sept.JPG

• Like 1

Yet another condo development announced for Wedgewood/Houston.  This one is 4 stories, 69 units, 104 parking spaces, and 1,500 sq. ft. of retail on first floor.  To be located on .68 acres at corner of Rains and Merritt. No rendering released yet:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/09/20/69-unit-condo-project-planned-wedgewood-houston/90723350/

• Like 1

15 hours ago, markhollin said:

Recently renovated 501 Interstate Building  east of the Fairgrounds between Nolensville Rd. and Interstate Blvd.  Looking SW from Interstate Blvd:

I was there for a meeting 2 months ago at the Nashville Software School. I can't say enough good things about this building. Cool vibe. They have amazing picture collage of Nashville in the interior/elevators. Looks like only about 1/2 the building is currently filled, but I don't think it will take long to lease the rest of it. Very cool building inside. The only negative is literally 95% of the parking spaces are compact and they are even small for a Mini

• Like 1

From today's Tennessean:

"Ground has been broken for Southgate Station, a 46-unit residential development planned on 1.67 acres in the Wedgewood-Houston neighborhood.

"The joint venture between ADVENT Partners and Landmark Homes will include 22 flats, 13 townhouses and 11 single-family homes.

"The residential units will range between 600 and 3,000 square feet, with the project also featuring rooftop patios, locally sourced stone and reclaimed wood, community courtyards and a unique stormwater conservation system for water reuse.

"A year ago, real estate investor Carl Adams Jr. of ADVENT paid $3.35 million for the project site at Southgate Avenue and Pillow Street. "The neighborhood is so appealing because of its character, proximity to downtown and vibrant growth, and we are excited to contribute to its evolution with Southgate Station," said his son Preston Adams, ADVENT's president."

From today's Nashville Post.  Another 12-unit development (primarily cottages) on the near south side:

A 12-home project is being eyed for a South Nashville site near the fast-emerging Wedgewood-Houston district.

Rosedale Properties LLC will go before the Metro Planning Commission on Thursday, Nov. 10, to request a rezoning to allow the project, to be located on 0.78 acres with address of 509 and 511 Rosedale Ave. in Melrose Heights.

DBS Engineering and Associates Inc. has been enlisted for the effort. A Metro documents notes the homes would be built as cottages.

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 2.24.06 PM.png

• Like 1