Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

Our city council person said they were having a meeting on that recently, for the Napoleon and Nolensville lot. Can't find what they were talking about though. 

"Afterward, the owners of the vacant land at 2165 Nolensville Pike near Casa Azafran will be present to answer questions about their Feb. 16 application to the Board of Zoning Appeals."

Ft. Houston to move main operations to another building in WeHo district.  Will be a boost in square footage from 10,000 to 17,000 Sq. ft., plus a 1,500 sq. ft. covered deck will be constructed.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20852300/fort-houston-to-move-primary-operations-within-weho

• Like 3

21 hours ago, markhollin said:

Restaurants and retailers announced for the Eighth South Condos development:

http://www.tennessean.com/videos/money/real-estate/2017/02/15/eighthsouth/97964202/

It will be interesting to see how that build-your-own pizza place does, as Pie Five (similar concept) opened just down the road less than a year ago.

1 hour ago, VSRJ said:

I don't recall seeing this already, but the construction fence around the Melrose "Phase II" project has a rendering. As expected, it looks pretty close to the original, which is a good thing. I'm hoping it has underground parking.

unnamed.jpg

The hopes for underground parking should be dashed imo. Look at the initial precast concrete being put up and it looks just like all the other crappy apartments around town.

23 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I have been to the Melrose multiple times and I can say that it is not a crappy apartment building at all. Cannot say the same for other similar looking apartment buildings, however. 

I am not saying the current Melrose is crappy. I am saying the this new Melrose seems to be using many of the same techniques that were used in a building like Pine Street Flats. Shallow excavation and precast concrete to speed up construction.

This site is on the border between two threads (with East Nashville/Donelson), but I'm gonna drop it in here.

The owners of Nashville City Center (First Tennessee Bank Building), are looking to purchase the massive 98 acre lot on the west side of the airport that was the home of Triumph Aerostructors Corp for 75 years. They have plans for major redevelopment of the site which borders on Briley Parkway on the west, Murfreesboro Rd. on the south, the airport on the east, and Vultee Blvd. on the north.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/02/26/nashville-city-center-owner-suitor-massive-airport-area-site/98442496/

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 10.55.31 AM.png

• Like 4

3 hours ago, volsfanwill said:

dang. this would be a great opportunity to reroute briley pkwy around the residential area. take it wide around that office building.  then the only section that would be needed to be improved would be by the gas stations closer to 40.

I don't see how that would be feasible or necessary. If anything, I can see some of that residential area being bought up by the airport for expansion (at least the part between M'boro Rd/Briley/Vultee). Most of that area is older mid-20th century housing stock built for lower middle to working class suburbanites.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

Can anyone explain the early installation of what I'm assuming is an elevator shaft?

1 minute ago, dmillsphoto said:

Staircase. 

It could be either stairs or an elevator, methinks.

For probably obvious reasons, stairs (think fire code) and elevators (heavy!) need to be built out of more durable materials than the ubiquitous stick-framed apartment building can provide. It's easier to build around these features than to put them in during or after the building has been constructed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VSRJ said:

^ Thanks. I was more curious as to why they were being built so early when excavation doesn't even appear to be finished, but maybe that's the norm.

Ah, right. Yeah, I have seen those go up first like this at every low-rise apartment building in the city, but never took much note of the span of time between the two phases.

• Like 1