Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

20 micro homes to be called The Village at Glenncliff are being proposed by Glencliff United Methodist Church and Open Table.  Will cater to homeless people. The lot is near the intersection of I-24 and Thompson Lane.  There is a 3D video rendering in the article:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/03/05/20-micro-homes-homeless-planned-south-nashville/98787810/

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 9.57.07 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-06 at 9.58.07 AM.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Melrose said:

Heard an interesting rumor about the Outpost development at 4th and Chestnut.   Was told Alamo Drafthouse is a prospect for the commercial space in this project.  Anyone else heard this?  If so, would be a pretty massive and transformational presence for that part of the neighborhood.  

Alamo draft house is far superior to carmike. It would be awesome if they were part of this development. 

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:11 AM, claya91 said:

Where do we stand with the Summit Office Park (SE corner of I-65 and OHB)? Any updates?

I've been wondering this for a while too.  Honestly one of my most anticipated projects.  I really hope they can get this to fruition.  This, along with the planned hotels on the north side of OHB and the potential for larger HCA offices on the old AIG site will make the OHB/I-65 interchange into a very impressive, somewhat dense (for Brentwood) area.

The Tennessean with details on the redevelopment of the Starwood Amphitheater site:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/03/22/townhomes-restaurants-retail-offices-planned-former-starwood-amphitheatre/99492706/

Starwood Commons development. He envisions 250 town homes and 450,000 square feet of space for retail, restaurant and office uses on the property at the corner of Murfreesboro and Hobson pikes.

• Like 2

From the Nashville Post:

Nashville-based developer Buck Snyder will go before the Metro Planning Commission in April to seek approval for final specific plan zoning related to a residential development he is eyeing for South Nashville. Snyder, who has created 100 Thompson Lane to undertake the effort, already has received approved for the preliminary SP and, similarly, the Metro Council has approved.

Snyder wants to develop 34 townhomes and 18 condos, with the latter to be housed in a three-story building. He has enlisted Nashville-based Centric Architecture to handle design. A rendering is not yet available.

The project would be located at the address from which the LLC derives its name and sit on 3.02 acres. Snyder bought the property in March 2016 for $475,000, according to Metro records.“The goal of the project is to provide more obtainable housing, in terms of price, located within a certain reasonable distance from downtown,” Snyder said.

On this note, he said he hopes to keep most of the residences priced in the high $200,000s. A few residences will sell in the high $300,000, he added.

Lebanon-based Wilson Bank & Trust is providing financing with Nashville-based Dale and Associates is handling land planning and engineering

A wall located near Thompson Lane and to provide a degree of privacy and safety could be part of the project, Snyder said.

Snyder has developed various smaller-scale boutique residential projects, primarily in The Nations, Edgehill, Melrose and Sylvan Summit. Snyder also oversaw the 21-town home East by Main, units for which are now being sold.

Screenshot 2017-03-22 16.19.51.png

Screenshot 2017-03-22 16.21.06.png

• Like 2

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

The Tennessean with details on the redevelopment of the Starwood Amphitheater site:

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/03/22/townhomes-restaurants-retail-offices-planned-former-starwood-amphitheatre/99492706/

Starwood Commons development. He envisions 250 town homes and 450,000 square feet of space for retail, restaurant and office uses on the property at the corner of Murfreesboro and Hobson pikes.

There is a special place in hell for the people who took Starwood away from us a decade ago and then didn't even do anything with it. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, LA_TN said:

I understand you, but I can assure you that attendance had fallen dramatically after the Nashville Arena (Bridgestone Arena) opened and the big names stopped booking Starwood. The good ole days of Starwood died quickly ... ironically, one year after the widening of I-24 eliminated the insane backups at the Old Hickory exit

Agree on the crowd sizes but they didn't have to destroy it!  Buy the land, the great recession foiled their plans, and then start holding shows there again as the city started to pick up steam again.

Lots of other good videos on Youtube showing the land after nature had taken over.  Pretty wild.

• Like 1