Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

7 hours ago, REP said:

Hello everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster. Hopefully I'm doing this correctly. ;) 

I drove past the 2nd phase of The Melrose on 8th ave S today. Do any of you know if the parking garage is fronting the street? I'm no expert, but it looked strange to me (was unable to snap a photo). Look forward to chatting more in the future!

Yeah, it looks strange to me as well.  Surely this is going to be some kind of retail space, but it's odd the way it addresses the street.

• Like 2

^ ^ ^ Update on The Melrose Phase II (4 stories, 139 units, 8,500 sq. ft. of retail).  As it looks now, it would appear that the portion of the development that faces 8th Ave. South is going to be the parking garage.  The rendering that is on the fencing surrounding the site (sorry--haven't snapped a pic of that yet) shows windows, brick, etc....so at least it won't look like a naked garage or some dippy cladding.  

However, in doing some research online, I found the Minutes of the City of Berry Hill's Zoning and Planning Commission from Sept. 6, 2016, and in discussion about this project it stats:  " ...the new Regions Bank branch will be inside the the structure and will have a drive-through at the basement level, which can be accessed from the alley behind the building, while the branch office will be a street level within the retail space."  I would assume this would be facing 8th Avenue South for visibility purposes.  So, it would seem that even though it looks like just a parking garage at this time, perhaps there will be different purposes, at least at ground level facing the main thoroughfare.  We'll just have to see as it is built out.

Looking SE from the intersection of 8th Ave. South and Kirkwood Ave:

Melrose Phase II 1, Mar 26, 2017.jpg

Looking west towards the back side of the building from the surface lot behind Phase I:

Melrose Phase II 2, Mar 26, 2017..jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Looking NW from 8th Ave. South near Inverness intersection:

Broadstone 8th South 3, Mar 26, 2017.jpg

Isn't this the condo development that's separate from Broadstone? It looks distinctly different from the other buildings (and its first floor looks more primed for retail).

Edit: (original) rendering for reference:

5683d68bee3ae_EighthSouthDec.2015render.thumb.png.39408fbed0b108d2ea72768d6558f908.png

Edited by VSRJ
  • Like 3

Update on the new Metro Police HQ/Family Justice Center.

Looking SE along Murfreesboro Pike near intersection with Cleveland Ave:

Metro Police HQ 1, Mar 26, 2017.jpg

Looking north form Murfreesboro Pike near intersection with Cleveland Ave:

Metro Police HQ 2, Mar 26, 2017.jpg

Looking NW along Murfreesboro Pike near intersection with Foster A

Metro Police HQ 3, Mar 26, 2017.jpg

Looking north along Murfreesboro Pike near intersection with Foster Ave:

Metro Police HQ 4, Mar 26, 2017.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Will these new Police HQ result in any precincts being redrawn, does anyone know?

I ask because with the increase in population in the core, it seems strange and a tough stretch for the police that cover out by Percy Priest to also be covering parts of downtown. 

No, this is an administrative HQ building only.  The Central Precinct will remain in place for downtown, or at least most of the inner loop exclusive of Germantown, Hope Gardens and Buena Vista.  The present precinct map can be found here http://www.nashville.gov/Police-Department/Precincts.aspx.  You are correct that precinct coverage areas are pretty large, and so creating the Madison Precinct to help relieve North was beneficial.  The same is true for the creation of the Midtown Hills Precinct a few years ago.  But yes, it would seem to be the case that the Hermitage Precinct will continue to cover the area between Lafayette/Murfreesboro Rd and the Cumberland River until or unless a new precinct is added in the quickly growing Southeast Davidson area which might allow some of the precinct boundaries to be redrawn. 

Edited by bwithers1
  • Like 3

Most days/nights there is a police RV set up on the Nolensville side of the Fairgrounds and I asked once what it was all about. They said so they didn't have to drive all the way downtown to transfer someone to jail. 

So it definitely seems like there is a need for another sooner rather than later. 

7 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

This is the way I understand the project layout is for the 8th South area.

From the Broadstone site overview (which I assume is still accurate): http://maps.nashville.gov/sp/2015/2015SP-003/SP_2015SP-003.pdf

Capture.thumb.JPG.1fb48c800d140e5204f252bf6728ff15.JPG

Broadstone:

Capture3.JPG.c49e34f79e50ebd5538855801473e377.JPG

Versus the 8th South Condos:

Capture2.thumb.JPG.f4669ac8d50ac25407a9fe034e092d53.JPG

Which looks nearly identical to the building in question:

IMG_5366.thumb.JPG.8b49e026750845fbb3c4f6804e0fcab2.JPG

and

58eaad588e92b_FullSizeRender(1).thumb.jpg.e50fa6951f00df544e4a2db46fc80d5b.jpg

You can't see it from this angle, but the construction fence around that building (past the red light) has a banner that reads "8th South Condos," while the building in the foreground does not.

I may be mistaken, but that building just seems too different from the massive complex surrounding it to be a part of Broadstone.