Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

...but all of this can be worked out if the city learned how to time their traffic signals correctly, which they have not. They spent millions on signal syncing with no improvement that I can see.

I'll disagree with you on this point. My commute to work via Charlotte, 28th/Ed Temple, and Rosa Parks was reduced overnight by 3-4 minutes due to signal timing changes. That's a significant difference when my commute was only 12-14 minutes to before the change. Charlotte in particular is night and day since the timing updates.

• Like 2

Knoxville just spent 2 years changing Cumberland ave from 2 lanes in each direction to 1 in each direction with a center turn lane and widened sidewalks.

I havent been there since it was completed. But they had the same idea.  The 2 center most lanes became defacto turn lanes and were never thru lanes. 

This was also an extremely busy stretch for commuters. 

• Like 1

Family Justice Center & Metro Police HQ update.  This is becoming a much larger project than the renderings depicted.

Looking NE from Murfreesboro Rd. and Cleveland Ave:

Family Justice Center 1, June 10, 2017.jpg

Looking NW along Murfreesboro Rd. just east of Foster Ave. interchange:

Family Justice Center 2, June 10, 2017.jpg

Looking north from Murfreesboro Rd. near Foster Ave. interchange:

Family Justice Center 3, June 10, 2017.jpg

• Like 4

Atlanta-based apartment developer Oxford Properties has paid $1.6 million for 25 acres of vacant multifamily-zoned land at Bell Road and Blue Hole Road in Antioch.

Roughly 336 apartment units are allowed on the three parcels, which are part of the Millwood Commons planned unit development. The site is across from Indianapolis-based Buckingham Cos.' Whetstone Flats apartment community.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/06/14/antioch-apartment-site-zoned-336-units-sold-1-6-m/397451001/

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 4.13.33 PM.png

The owner of Corsair Distillery has sold for $1.3 million a building in the Wedgewood-Houston area that the whiskey maker has used for warehouse and barrel storage.

Core Development, one of that neighborhood's biggest developers, is the new owner of the roughly 18,000-square-foot former Kirby Welding Building that sits on a 0.68-acre site at 1236 Martin St.

"At this time, we are in the process of finalizing a development strategy and program for this site," said Andrew Beaird, vice president of Nashville-based Core Development.  

Corsair Distillery plans to relocate to another location somewhere nearby.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/06/15/core-develop/399990001/

Screen Shot 2017-06-16 at 9.22.12 AM.png

• Like 1